• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming Out On Top (An Adult Gay Dating Sim) |OT| I'm gay, high five!

This looks cool, I want to play this game.

I didn't see it in the OP, what are paying options? This isn't on steam, right? (I'm at work I don't want to go to the website)

This looks cool, I want to play this game.

I didn't see it in the OP, what are paying options? This isn't on steam, right? (I'm at work I don't want to go to the website)
Not on Steam. (They don't allow sexual content.)

You can currently only buy the game through the Obscurasoft website using BMT Micro, which works with any major credit card. The creator is looking into a PayPal option right now too.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
from OP said:
Another cool feature of the game is the hair mod, so you can select whether or not Mark and the five main guys have beards and/or body hair. Each option had an individual toggle for each man, so you can have it exactly the way you want. These choices will be present on both the in-game sprites, and the CG scenes. (There is also a condom mod.)
This feature is fucking genius!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Damnit where are my twinky guys, PLEASE.

Someone mod in the Persona duders like Akihiko or P3 guy.

Someone mod in the Persona duders like Akihiko.
Akihiko ain't no twink. (Now, anyway.)

jQaS78O.gif

One of the guys, Jed, is definitely leaner compared to the others. And he's got an amazing personality. (All the guys do.) You'll fall for all of them, just you wait and see. ;)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I met Alex and I hate him already.

I don't want to date Thor, i want to date Loki!

(I still gave him my number because my character is a sluuuut.)

I played the demo and I got to the part where
Alex did a hands on demonstration on the main character during anatomy class. I was shocked until I realized that it was a dream!

Needless to say, the demo really convinced me to buy the full version. Everyone seems to be likable so far.

when you (Hours left) talked about this before the thread was made i laughed b/c i find the facial hair on the guys funny for some reason

thread turning out better than expected. Now only if we can get DreamDrop to make a quality thread like this ;p

bobawesome

I love any and all visual novels but I can only imagine the reactions and questions if a member of my family walked in on me playing this.

Replicant

The guys could be better looking but they're not bad. Beefy and meaty just how I like 'em. Redhead dude is the hottest one so far.

Hmm, I see the pushup pic is gone from the OT. Was it determined to be too lewd? Ah well, maybe somethings should be best left as a surprise for potential players.

Hmm, I see the pushup pic is gone from the OT. Was it determined to be too lewd? Ah well, maybe somethings should be best left as a surprise for potential players.
No one asked me to change it, I did it myself because I noticed something about it that I missed before, and I thought better safe than sorry. (It had nothing to do with Brad doing sweaty pushups.)

So please enjoy Mark dying on a treadmill. XD

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
No one asked me to change it, I did it myself because I noticed something about it that I missed before, and I thought better safe than sorry. (It had nothing to do with Brad doing sweaty pushups.)

So please enjoy Mark dying on a treadmill. XD

Lol...I know what you're talking about. Took me a while to notice that when I was playing because Brad distracted me from this little detail.

T.O.P

Banned
I'll grab this next weekend, got friends coming over and the last time we played the bird dating sim thingy wich was hilarious

red13th

I think it's funny that people say the men are too muscular, I found them on the lean side myself.

No you aren't :( Would be really nice if you could.

Wait that's true? Shame, I wanted him
to bottom
. killed my buzz. :/

I played the demo and I got to the part where
Alex did a hands on demonstration on the main character during anatomy class. I was shocked until I realized that it was a dream!

Needless to say, the demo really convinced me to buy the full version. Everyone seems to be likable so far.

I love your Ayin avatar!

Someone mod in the Persona duders like Akihiko or P3 guy.

only in his fanart version!

I think it's funny that people say the men are too muscular, I found them on the lean side myself.
I like that this game really has gone a route few gay/otome dating sims have as far as body types go. This is definitely not the lithe pretty boys found in most yaoi & otome titles, but the guys aren't quite bara either to most people. (I personally think they are, but my definition of bara is not so strict.) But generally they fill the athletic jock/fitness model mold, which I think is pretty sweet personally, and was one of the main points Obscura wanted to address, since that body type doesn't get a lot of attention in gay themed games.

only in his fanart version!
Shotaro Kojima <3 <3 <3

Ha. I remember playing the demo of this.

I kinda enjoyed it actually. Oddly, more so for the friendship aspect with the girl & guy flatmate than anything else.

The bit with the teacher I found kinda cringeworthy. And it's slightly disappointing to see all the guys are just gym fantasies.

Still, I'll probably try out the full game. I'm interested to see how they handle things with Ian.

halfbeast

Banned
Ah, what would that even be like? Too emotionally scarring... D:

(He's super talented and his art style is gorgeous, but most of his stories are too intense/brutal for me.)

oh, you know, carving your name on someone's back with a hot iron via stylus on a touchscreen seems like the perfect fit. :3

but he has some tame stories as well (in comparison to his usual stuff), but yeah, basically his artstyle is what I meant.

I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the thread! :D
Played the demo and liked it, so I'm considering buying it.
Has the full version censored art like the demo, or was that only for the trial version?

IvorB

I downloaded the demo and I am checking it out. This is kind of like a graphical choose-your-own-adventure book. Don't know if I can go for hours through this but we'll see. Certainly the eye candy is helping. :)

God forbid he doesn't want to play a dating sim that doesn't cater to his sexual orientation.
God forbid people don't feel the need to rush into a thread for something that doesn't cater to them to let everyone know they're not being catered to. Did I miss the part where people were saying he had to play this, or giving him shit for not wanting to play it? Because I'm pretty sure it was actually incredulous laughter at the idea that there aren't plenty of quality straight VNs.

What a fucking nonsense reply.

Lutherian

I used to play a gay novel dating game with probably the longuest name in video game history who ruined everything because of the tutorial narrator :

"You should not try to get too involved in the characters, because most of them won't end up very well, no matter what you do".

Meh.

Aside from that, it was cool with lot of humour (like one who's making his coming out to a bunch of people that already know he's gay).

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I used to play a gay novel dating game with probably the longuest name in video game history who ruined everything because of the tutorial narrator :

"You should not try to get too involved in the characters, because most of them won't end up very well, no matter what you do".

Meh.

Aside from that, it was cool with lot of humour (like one who's making his coming out to a bunch of people that already know he's gay).

What game was that?

Crayons

Banned
I really like how, after playing through Ian's route, and now playing through Brad's route, you notice
how protective of Ian is of you. He's totally jealous when he sees you with Brad.

Here it is :

"Don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story"

Oh and nice OT :).

I'd hardly call Don't Take it Personally a "gay" VN. :p It has LGBT characters, but they're not the majority or the focus of the entire story.

That one is by Christine Love, creator of Digital: A Love Story, and the two Analogue games; A Hate Story and Hate Plus.

Magnus

Ian's 'oh' *shock* face is always hilarious. The way his expression just drops when you bring up anything awkward at all, lol.

I really wish this game was longer, damn.

Also, I actually gave up on Jed's story midway. Shit got so boring. He's last place for me for sure.

I'd hardly call Don't Take it Personally a "gay" VN. :p It has LGBT characters, but they're not the majority or the focus of the entire story.

That one is by Christine Love, creator of Digital: A Love Story, and the two Analogue games; A Hate Story and Hate Plus.

I've played Digital and Don't Take it Personally. Don't Take it Personally had a better plot and characters since that was the focus, and the LGBT scenarios (and honestly almost all of them) were really solid. Digital: A Love Story had a meh story and no real character growth (there's one character but she's pretty thick in her style). What made this game shine was the BBS old school internet style and bittunes to accompany it.

Neither game is really that adult (Well Don't Take it Personally does have a questionable, hidden away moment), and they're both Free to Play.

VERY early Demo gripe: While I love the idea of a beard+facial hair toggle, you have to switch to the main menu to see how the difference is, and you can barely see the body hair to see if it's to your liking. I like body+facial hair, but it doesn't work for everyone in real life, and this is also true in the 2d realm too, I think. I suppose the body hair gets a pass, since seeing the guys in the nude is supposed to be part of the reward for playing, but I think the faces a little more accessible would be kind of nice.

EulaCapra

I was midway through a Jed playthrough... but somehow got detracted and pulled into Brad's best ending with two hot scenes to boot.

I'm saving Ian's walkthrough for last, but Brad keeps pulling me in!

Rayis

The fact that
Ian has the hottest sex scene in the game
is really making me want to purchase it, goddamn, my interest is piqued.

Top Bottom