• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Movie is Happening. Dan Harmon

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
https://www.thewrap.com/community-movie-update-dan-harmon/

"However, Harmon cautioned fans that this news doesn’t mean the film is necessarily happening soon.

“Now, I say that with such caution, because sometimes the audience is like, ‘So that means what a year, two years?’ I could have said what I just said three years ago and it would have been almost as accurate, and can you imagine if I had said that three years ago? That’s me setting people up for three years of abusive neglect and making them feel forgotten, and it’s hard enough to just say nothing.”

But while owing that the future is unpredictable, Harmon said it’s no longer an “if” but a “when” when it comes to the “Community” movie.

“When you put the percentage chances together it’s like you have to account for maybe the world blowing up or another virus happening. But as far as the industry is concerned, this is a matter of when and not if, for sure.”

Six seasons and a movie! The world needs more Annie

Sad Alison Brie GIF

Donald Glover Community GIF

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Community the greatest funny sitcom ever not named the office or parks and Rec. the show was flat out funny.

Doom85

It better have the whole original study group (minus Pierce for obvious reasons, though if it could be arranged maybe Chevy Chase could appear in a flashback, vision, etc.) if I want to feel invested. I might finish Season 6 sometime, but by the time Shirley left without warning (at least Pierce and Troy got proper send-offs) it was too much, not to mention Duncan disappearing again and Hickey vanishing without a word.

But yeah, for me I want to see Jeff, Britta, Troy, Abed, Annie, and Shirley. Dean and Chang are pretty essential. Bringing back Duncan and Hickey would be nice. I understand though we’d probably not see any of the supporting cast students as they would have graduated long ago. Leonard could have still been attending, but his actor passed a while ago, RIP.

But yeah, if they get the core group reunited, I’m all in.

Cool GIF

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Thank god. Even weaker Community is better than 90% of other TV. We deserve this!

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Probably going to suck but I’m there.

Yeah, this. Let's be real, season 4 wasn't good and 5 and 6 were just okay. But it's Community, I'll watch it.

Donald and Yvette will probably show up, no chance Chevy does, plot reasons aside.

PillsOff

Banned
Community first season(second half especially) is the best tv sitcom ever. Maybe even better than season 2 of Arrested Development
Season 2-3 break lots of rules of its own setting n play with being pop culture parody too much, characters start to became very archetypal n never really go back, BUT those seasons have just too much quality stuff n memorable episodes to call it anything but really great n allot of fun.
S4 is... Writing is simply not that great...
S5-6 is a hit or miss but still pretty watchable with some very strong episodes

Do i really need a movie with 45 year old Annie?

YESixseasonsandthemovie

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
Community first season(second half especially) is the best tv sitcom ever. Maybe even better than season 2 of Arrested Development
Season 2-3 break lots of rules of its own setting n play with being pop culture parody too much, characters start to became very archetypal n never really go back, BUT those seasons have just too much quality stuff n memorable episodes to call it anything but really great n allot of fun.
S4 is... Writing is simply not that great...
S5-6 is a hit or miss but still pretty watchable with some very strong episodes

Do i really need a movie with 45 year old Annie?

YESixseasonsandthemovie
45 yr old alison brie is still hot as fuck. Also i think she’s still in her 30’s

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'd almost rather it be a cartoon set back in the old timeline. Easier to get the voices probably. This, now, would have to be set around a reunion with maybe flashbacks to "when we were students here", right? Or somehow all their degrees get revoked and they have to finish one last class (I'm not sure if I actually finished this show, this may have already been done to stretch it out).

bitbydeath

Hopefully Pierce and Troy come back.
Pierce could have faked his own death and Troy left almost straight after him, they could have both went on adventures together this whole time. I don’t care about Shirley.

bitbydeath

Thank god. Even weaker Community is better than 90% of other TV. We deserve this!
Mythic Quest has a similar vibe to it.
Good Community that is, not trash Community.

Danny Pudi/Abed even stars in it, but he’s more darkest timeline Abed, there was an episode where they role play in a medieval, battle to the death and Danny’s character doesn’t want any part of it.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Real excited. We had our six seasons, so naturally we've all been waiting for this.

Pejo

I kinda hope they go the "Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later" angle and treat everyone as if they were the same age as when the show ended despite them obviously being a decade older.

Lasha

Will Donald Glover's contract with Amazon put a wrench in any attempt to attach him to the project?

No Pierce, no sale. They never managed to recapture the magic of the first couple of seasons and it was all in the character dynamics.

Hoppa

I fell off around season 3 and never got around to catching up so when I heard Season 6 was the final one I tuned in and almost the whole cast had changed! Felt like the timeline where Troy went to get the pizza

Nico_D

Hopefully it's gonna be on the level of the first 3 seasons.

It's been since I watched but I remember how ar some point something happened and the show become dull and I tuned out. I have no idea when that was - it just started to repeat itself and turned predictable.

GymWolf

It's been since I watched but I remember how ar some point something happened and the show become dull and I tuned out. I have no idea when that was - it just started to repeat itself and turned predictable.
Probably end of season 3 after that incredible trio of episodes.

Top Bottom