• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S5 |OT| From the Executive Producer of Community Seasons 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started watching this show, and its amazing. My dream is to have a threesome with the brunette and blonde.

holloween ep where Joel tries to hook up with the teacher was great, and the pool ep, too.

Just started watching this show, and its amazing. My dream is to have a threesome with the brunette and blonde.

holloween ep where Joel tries to hook up with the teacher was great, and the pool ep, too.

Oh you're in for a treat. The latter half of season 1 is so so so good.

Season 2 is the best for me, but that's up for debate amongst some people.

inm8num2

I love the Halloween episodes, especially Chang's advice to Jeff. "Please sleep with me."

Lijik

I'm kinda surprised they haven't gotten Richard Ayoade to appear on the show as some counter to Abed, especially because I found out Ayaode directed the Pulp Fiction episode. Have him turn up as the 'British Abed' (maybe with Chris O'Dowd in tow s a take that on that failed IT Crowd remake) claiming his American version is so inferior.

This was Dans original idea for the Inspector Spacetime episode actually, but when they made it without him in season 4 they got that dude from Bridesmaids instead

inm8num2

This was Dans original idea for the Inspector Spacetime episode actually, but when they made it without him in season 4 they got that dude from Bridesmaids instead

I think that might have been my least liked episode of season 4. Either that or the finale.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Honestly the worst part about Season 4 was just how cheap everything looked because of the low budget. The fake outdoor shots looked hideous.
This is my only real problem. But unfortunately the set budget disappeared after season 2. Season 3 was all indoors too I believe. But season 4 really showed. Especially Thanksgiving in the "parking lot" of the condo.

But I really enjoyed a lot of moments in season 4 and hate anyone who skips the season just because people told them it sucks. It still should be watched. If Harmon does what he said and doesn't just write everything off, it brings a lot of development to the characters. Especially the origin story.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Season 4 Chang is also way better than insufferable Season 3 Chang.
Agreed. Changnesia Kevin was charming and adorable at times, even though
he had a sinister plot brewing, that never actually ended up happening in the end
. Emperor Chang was cartoonishly evil. And security guard Chang was cartoonishly dumb. If there's one thing season 4 did right, it's Chang. And it looks like season 5 Chang will be just as good.

Mariolee

Agreed. Changnesia Kevin was charming and adorable at times, even though
he had a sinister plot brewing, that never actually ended up happening in the end
. Emperor Chang was cartoonishly evil. And security guard Chang was cartoonishly dumb. If there's one thing season 4 did right, it's Chang. And it looks like season 5 Chang will be just as good.

Yup. Although the Origins episode had a lot of inconsistencies and the yogurt store thing seemed really cheesy, I loved it overall and I absolutely "daaaaaawwwww'd" when Abed invited Chang to Frozen Yogurt. So good. :)

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Yup. Although the Origins episode had a lot of inconsistencies and the yogurt store thing seemed really cheesy, I loved it overall and I absolutely "daaaaaawwwww'd" when Abed invited Chang to Frozen Yogurt. So good. :)
Yeah. I mean sure, the episode seemed like a weird attempt to artificially glue everyone together as if it were always meant to happen, but I still enjoyed it. Sans the lack of actual Pierce. I wish he could have at least finished the season proper. I wonder how the Christmas episode would have been with him in it.

Mariolee

Yeah. I mean sure, the episode seemed like a weird attempt to artificially glue everyone together as if it were always meant to happen, but I still enjoyed it. Sans the lack of actual Pierce. I wish he could have at least finished the season proper. I wonder how the Christmas episode would have been with him in it.

Maybe a bit better seeing the script excerpts of his lines from Twitter, but the whole Christmas episode was really off with or without him.

Joni

Damn it. Hopefully Harmon finds a new place for him. Ayoabe playing an evil character would be weird though, that fits Matt Lucas better.

Awesome thanks for the OT looking forward to S05 a lot did not really like S04 like most people, it was fine but most eps where VERY blend :(.

Really hoping for a few more classics before community ends.

Was it announced that this Season 5 was officially the last season? Just read a preview article that said "fifth and final season" and dont recall ever hearing that anywhere else.

Lijik

Its seriously a week away i cant believe this.
Ive been more hyped for this shows return than any other piece of entertainment all year

Joni

Was it announced that this Season 5 was officially the last season? Just read a preview article that said "fifth and final season" and dont recall ever hearing that anywhere else.
#sixseasonsandamovie. No official announcements about a final season and a NBC comedy line-up that is sinking could be very positive for Community. With Chevy Chase gone they should also a bit cheaper so if we're lucky :) The ratings have to keep up though.

I'm surprised they are actually advertising this for once.

Saw a couple so far, and at least one during sunday night football (but I was away from the tv for most commercials so...)

SOON

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
NBC never lets them know if they're coming back until like the last episode air date. Which is why the show has had two finales so far. Which is good because I'd rather they prepare for the end just in case instead of expecting more and ending up with a bad ending.

Mariolee

NBC never lets them know if they're coming back until like the last episode air date. Which is why the show has had two finales so far. Which is good because I'd rather they prepare for the end just in case instead of expecting more and ending up with a bad ending.

Yup, gotta love how confident the show used to be ending their first two seasons on cliffhangers, and looking at it now ending their last two seasons as -near-series finales lol

It was just a small blurb on my local news site, but thought maybe I missed something.

The early positive buzz mixed with the craptastic NBC lineup has me semi-hopeful.

Yeah the NBC comedy line up is spectacularly poor performing and if the early impressions hold it looks like critics are going to be back to praising the show.

Add to that season 4 turned in better ratings than season 3 did and there's a solid chance this won't be the last season.

I mentioned it in the old thread but NBC's most likely to order a S6 simply because the show has a built in base and their new comedies are bombing. Short of Community doing worse than everything else, they'd most likely do what they did this year and order the season and use it as a stop gap for any new series that need to be replaced mid-season next year.

zychi

Banned
a bunch of nbc comedy shows are ending this year too, right? i dont watch anything on nbc besides parks and community, so i have no idea what else is on anymore

a bunch of nbc comedy shows are ending this year too, right? i dont watch anything on nbc besides parks and community, so i have no idea what else is on anymore

Parks and Community are the only shows that returned this year and none of their new comedies have done well.

Nert

I'm definitely getting excited for this. Season 2 of Community is still one of my favorite seasons of television ever, and 1 and 3 were full of wonderful episodes as well.

Joni

They have stuff like Sean Saves The World and The Michael J Fox Show bombing super hard aside from stuff they already cancelled.

Mariolee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom