• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S5 |OT| From the Executive Producer of Community Seasons 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
I was going to do Community S6 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie just because I don't think anyone would've thought we would make it, but this is also just perfect.

absFH8A.gif

Soodanim

I am going to have to track down a DVD of season 1. Community only seems to show on the Sony channel in the UK, but they just cycle through 2-4 (5 must be too new for them to stick in the re-run queue). And sometimes, depending in what they feel like and/or what the TiVo box wants to record, they can even be censored versions. For example, the Halloween episode with the chest butt and feet hands was cut had that entire joke cut except the "With what?" line, which without context makes no sense.

I hate watching comedies that have things cut.

Mariolee

Holy moly

Dan Harmon @danharmon · 3h
I wish I could transmit the high from our meeting at Yahoo. If Community fans are Julia Roberts - and they ARE - Richard Gere is pulling up.

Dan Harmon @danharmon · 3h
Some of you are asking if I'm saying Community fans are hookers. I haven't seen the movie but I do think we're incredibly pretty women.

From his twitter.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That would be extremely odd if Richard Gere is involved, awesome but odd.

Did they gas leak his house?
Ewwwwwwww. Richard Gere?

I think its a metaphore and not actually Richard Gere showing up. As in, Richard Gere was good for Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, so season 6 will be good for the fans?

Akahige

I think its a metaphore and not actually Richard Gere showing up. As in, Richard Gere was good for Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, so season 6 will be good for the fans?
Yeah that would make more sense, although I was imagining Richard Gere as Jeff's father in my mind even though we had someone as him in Season 4.

Lijik

Um no, this is the announcement of the Richard Gere tourbus. Richard Gere is coming TO YOUR HOME! We've loaded up the tourbus with every episode of Community! Rewatch your favorite episode with fan favorite actor RICHARD GERE! He'll even sign your copy of Pretty Woman! Sign up now! A once in a lifetime experience - The Richard Gere Community Fan Tour Bus 2014 Richard Gere Bus Tour for Community!

gabbo

Um no, this is the announcement of the Richard Gere tourbus. Richard Gere is coming TO YOUR HOME! We've loaded up the tourbus with every episode of Community! Rewatch your favorite episode with fan favorite actor RICHARD GERE! He'll even sign your copy of Pretty Woman! Sign up now! A once in a lifetime experience - The Richard Gere Community Fan Tour Bus 2014 Richard Gere Bus Tour for Community!

Yahoo pulling out all the [1990] stops.

Late heads up as there's only less than 3 hours left but if you're an Amazon Student you can get each of the first four seasons for 54% off their Amazon prices. I just got all 4 for $25.19 total before taxes.

Mariolee

Late heads up as there's only less than 3 hours left but if you're an Amazon Student you can get each of the first four seasons for 54% off their Amazon prices. I just got all 4 for $25.19 total before taxes.

Thanks for the heads up! Stupid question but how do you know if you're an Amazon Student?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Just randomly rewatching Community Season 5 for no reason at all and I made an observation. Did they film that opening scene with Jeff depressed in the chair in his office with his right arm sort of hidden on purpose? Because he really looks like "Dark Timeline" Jeff in that scene. Complete with the facial hair and voice.

- TV Guide: Yvette Nicole Brown Departs Community
Brown — who has played Shirley Bennett since the 2009 launch of Community — confirms to TV Guide Magazine that she has asked to be released from her contract for personal reasons. Sony Pictures TV and executive producers Dan Harmon and Chris McKenna have honored her request.

The actress says the change was necessary in order to take care of her ailing father. "My dad needs daily care and he needs me," Brown says. "The idea of being away 16 hours a day for five months, I couldn't do it. It was a difficult decision for me to make, but I had to choose my dad."
With the exit of Brown and Jonathan Banks (who's committed to AMC's Better Call Saul), the producers are now casting for two new characters. One is described as a woman who's brought in as a consultant to help shape up the school. The other is a retired salesman who comes to Greendale to reinvent himself.
More via the link.

Mariolee

I can definitely understand, however. I hope everything becomes alright with her and her dad. It won't be the same Community without her, and I've always found Yvette in her own right outside of the show to be an amazing Godly and inspiring person. Again, my prayers will be with her and her father.

I am getting nervous about so many people leaving and so many new people coming in.

I think we have our Season 6 title.

Way too negative, and Anihawk's "Give me the hope to run on a stream" is too punny to not make the title.

Mariolee

Was there any news on whether or not Troy is coming back this season? It was sad in Season 5 without him.

Someone asked Donald and he said Harmon has been sending him messages and they've been playing a bit of phone tag and still need to talk. Doesn't look likely outside maybe a cameo, and even that's stretching it.

Not

Banned
She was to me. She barely made me laugh, as opposed to every other main character.

Maybe they can promote Abed's girlfriend (forgot her name) to a regular now. People have been clamoring for this for a while.

Shirley's passive aggression was one of the funniest parts of Community to me.

Boem

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I agree with you. Don't get me wrong, I really like the actress and she seems genuinely kind and caring, but I'm just not sure if she was a great fit for the show. Doesn't help that the writers often didn't know what to do with her.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Good luck Yvette.

They can change things up. Bring in some more characters from elsewhere, like Neil who's always off in the background doing this and that. Or Magnitude and his catch phrase... how does it go again? Or Vicki with her yellow shirt and hat and ability to dance on top of a table when needed to. Or the guy with the red beard who doesn't know who any of them are. Or Garrett who is always handy in a CRISIS ALERT.

Probably should be a woman though. To balance things out. Hopefully they can bring her in for a goodbye cameo and an excuse for her leaving then spend the rest of the time talking about how the group keeps shrinking. It could work especially well with Jeff not grieving as much as the rest and the others trying to figure out why. Would be neat if they got Troy back. At least for a few cameos or episodes.

And please do not forget about Rachel. Abed is still dating her. She MUST be in an episode at least. She's adorable with her glasses. Hey. Have her become part of the group and always sit next to Abed. Then near the end of the season have Troy come back and get jealous that she's in his spot.

Has there been confirmation that this is the last? Or are they thinking of continuing if given the chance?

Mariolee

Good luck Yvette.

They can change things up. Bring in some more characters from elsewhere, like Neil who's always off in the background doing this and that. Or Magnitude and his catch phrase... how does it go again? Or Vicki with her yellow shirt and hat and ability to dance on top of a table when needed to. Or the guy with the red beard who doesn't know who any of them are. Or Garrett who is always handy in a CRISIS ALERT.

Probably should be a woman though. To balance things out. Hopefully they can bring her in for a goodbye cameo and an excuse for her leaving then spend the rest of the time talking about how the group keeps shrinking. It could work especially well with Jeff not grieving as much as the rest and the others trying to figure out why. Would be neat if they got Troy back. At least for a few cameos or episodes.

And please do not forget about Rachel. Abed is still dating her. She MUST be in an episode at least. She's adorable with her glasses. Hey. Have her become part of the group and always sit next to Abed. Then near the end of the season have Troy come back and get jealous that she's in his spot.

Has there been confirmation that this is the last? Or are they thinking of continuing if given the chance?

Cornballer already posted that they have characters set to replace Johnathan Banks and Yvette Nicole Brown.

Considering the show has been on the brink of cancellation for ever, and seeing how some of its cast has gone away, I would be surprised if there was another season. I'm still hopeful for a movie, though ! That's a different thing.

Taruranto

Just read about Shirley.

She wasn't my favorite character by any stretch, but dang, she still was one of the main group.

What's up with Donald Glover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom