• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community S5 |OT| From the Executive Producer of Community Seasons 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
He's busy raping.

troy-barnes-chloroformed.gif

Real Hero

Shriley was one of the best parts of the show. When they bothered to use her which they barely ever did, that's a bigger shame than her leaving.

mreddie

Shirley I thought was the one of the weak links aside from S3 where she grew as a character. Bummed she's leaving but it's understandable and wish her and dad well.

gabbo

Shirley I thought was the one of the weak links aside from S3 where she grew as a character. Bummed she's leaving but it's understandable and wish her and dad well.

At least she could come back later on, assuming they don't kill her off.
I mean, close class with asteroids may have caused her to meet Jesus prematurely.

Lijik

Considering the show has been on the brink of cancellation for ever, and seeing how some of its cast has gone away, I would be surprised if there was another season. I'm still hopeful for a movie, though ! That's a different thing.

Also when asked about it when season six was announced, a rep from Sony sounded way more interested in making the movie happen instead of another season.

Wait is Annie out??

Annie is in.

I'll miss Shirley. Her sassiness, her passive aggressiveness and her hypocrisy made her an interesting character, even if she was underused. Always liked the episodes with her and Jeff.

She was probably going to to that show anyway. (Probably better paid then a yahoo show) So she didnt want to do 2 jobs at once with her father ill!

Well the internet is a blaze calling her a liar , look if she wanted to quit Community just quit no need for the sick dad story

I dont believe her she said she was quitting to care for her dad if she was why is taking another job with CBS oh well

Well the internet is a blaze calling her a liar , look if she wanted to quit Community just quit no need for the sick dad story

I dont believe her she said she was quitting to care for her dad if she was why is taking another job with CBS oh well
Did you even read the article you posted where she says the show is a better fit for her life? Clearly this decision like leaving community was about helping her dad and having a better schedule to do so. Stop overreacting.

beat

The CBS show is a multi-cam show which typically have much less demanding schedules on the actors.

Possibly other considerations that allow her to spend more time with her family as well.
Yeah, I think a multicam has a table read day and one day of actual filming. Community (and really any single cams) the actors are working long hours five to seven days a week.

Boem

Yvette doing that other show was known weeks ago though, it's not exactly new information. Doesn't seem like she's trying to deceive anyone here.

maxcriden

Did you even read the article you posted where she says the show is a better fit for her life? Clearly this decision like leaving community was about helping her dad and having a better schedule to do so. Stop overreacting.

Dude, clearly Yvette (since we all know her personally) is a known liar and made up a story about needing to take care of her father and just assumed we would never hear about this CBS show. Yeah, that's the ticket!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Guys! Enough of the conspiracy shit. I mean obviously Shirley really has a sick father to take care of. The Shirley on the CBS show is so obviously the darkest timeline version of Shirley. Now everyone put on your fake goatees.

Mariolee

So Yvette judged the costume contest at Communicon and she's looking like she's lost a lot of weight! Or maybe it's just me haha Good for her! Also goes to show she still loves the fanbase of Community.

Also some news from Communicon!

hMRDmmE.jpg

AniHawk

So Yvette judged the costume contest at Communicon and she's looking like she's lost a lot of weight! Or maybe it's just me haha Good for her! Also goes to show she still loves the fanbase of Community.

i was part of a paramount studio tour when they were filming season one and she came out and greeted us. i was the only person in the group to have seen the show at the time (and probably since). but she was super super nice. and i do have something to reference how she interacted with us, because the guys from big time rush were just a studio or two over and they already thought they were big deals even though the show hadn't started airing yet.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Good for Yvette! Also, Gillian is adorable.

I saw the tweets from that account today retweeted by @DanHarmonSucks. I was wondering if there was going to be a video of all this news because I didn't feel like reading all through the hundreds of tweets it was tweeting. Looked like good news though. Really want to watch a video or something.

beat

Good for Yvette! Also, Gillian is adorable.

I saw the tweets from that account today retweeted by @DanHarmonSucks. I was wondering if there was going to be a video of all this news because I didn't feel like reading all through the hundreds of tweets it was tweeting. Looked like good news though. Really want to watch a video or something.
I think Yahoo Screen recorded the panels and will have them up later.

Big props to Yahoo. They hooked the con goers up with swag, provided a fancy banner for the con, and someone at the panel said Yahoo is spending more on marketing s6 than NBC ever did (presumably over any given year, not combined, but it wasn't really clear).

gabbo

Big props to Yahoo. They hooked the con goers up with swag, provided a fancy banner for the con, and someone at the panel said Yahoo is spending more on marketing s6 than NBC ever did (presumably over any given year, not combined, but it wasn't really clear).
I feel that's a good sign. Though, it wouldn't be hard to do after season 2.

Akahige

I think Yahoo Screen recorded the panels and will have them up later.

Good to hear to all.

- TV Guide: Community Hires Two New Series Regulars
Two new Human Beings are on their way to Greendale. Paget Brewster and Keith David will join Community full time as the comedy enters Season 6 and moves to its new home on Yahoo! Screen.

Brewster plays Francesca "Frankie" Dart, a consultant hired to help shape things up at the underachieving school. David will appear as Elroy Patashnik, a retired scientist who comes to Greendale to reinvent himself.

OnPoint

Brewster is no stranger to Community fans, having played a different character, IT department staffer Debra Chambers, in the Season 5 episode "Analysis of Cork-Based Networking." Brewster's lengthy TV resume includes Criminal Minds (which she returned to last season for one episode), Friends, Andy Richter Controls the Universe, Huff and American Dad. More recently, she was seen on Drunk History and Key and Peele.

Um... what. Abed better make mention of this somehow.

Fuchsdh

This season of Community is going to hail from Bizarro World. Not that it won't be good, but bizarro world. Me likey some Keith David, though. I don't think I've ever seen him in something that's actually straight comedic (and I don't think his guest role on Community counted.)

Lijik

This season of Community is going to hail from Bizarro World. Not that it won't be good, but bizarro world. Me likey some Keith David, though. I don't think I've ever seen him in something that's actually straight comedic (and I don't think his guest role on Community counted.)

Be sure to check out his role as Vice President Keith David in Saints Row IV

Linius

NOZs2f5.jpg

Sergeant Major Cody is not pleased with this post.

Linius

This thread really does not please Sergeant Major Cody with posts like these. It's a damn shame Enlisted was cancelled :(

There was even a little hope Yahoo would pick it up. Now they ended up casting Keith David in Community. Oh well.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fuck, Keith David?

Can't wait for them to reenact the "Put on the glasses" fight.

Or maybe a throwaway line like "Whenever you speak I keep thinking in still-photo black and white scenes"

Mariolee

Oh, and by the way. They're apparently shooting Community in Yahoo's basement. I can't link now, but it was in a recent Youtube interview between Joel and Gillian.

beat

This thread really does not please Sergeant Major Cody with posts like these. It's a damn shame Enlisted was cancelled :(

There was even a little hope Yahoo would pick it up. Now they ended up casting Keith David in Community. Oh well.

Hey, it reunites Keith David with Kevin Beigel (Enlisted creator, showrunner) who I understand has been in the Community writers room for S6.

I'm cautiously optimistic for this season. I feel like there's literally nothing left to lose now and that might open up the script and allow some different ideas instead of having to placate NBC.

beat

I haven't seen Paget Brewster in a comedy since ARCTU, so I'm also really happy she's joining the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom