• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

This was the best Pierce moment ever holy crap. So fantastic.

47xMt.gif

That is absolutely terrifying.
What are the odds that's actually Chevy?

After three episodes that seemed like they were from some sitcom, we get an episode where several laughs come from the fact that everything about it's everything is so completely silly that the whole thing is hilarious even before anyone has actually said anything funny.

Welcome back Community.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol that pillow hammer on his right hammer is actually labelled the "Pillow of Thor", also trademarked.

Dany

Banned
Really liked the episode, they always do a good job making these one off spoof episodes satirizing film tropes.

DominoKid

i thought that was god fucking awful.

the only moment that actually made me laugh was the pillow juggernaut. i completely lost it there.
but nothing else made me do more than crack a smile though.

Daeda

Great ep, classical community.

My favorite moment has to be the caption when Leonard was talking:

"Korean War Veteran (North Korean side)"

Loxley

A Ken Burns episode? Fucking awesome. I love that they went so far as to get Keith David to narrate it.

"Hey, were you in "The Cape?"

"...no."

Really liked the episode overall,definitely an improvement over last week.

Wow.... just wow. I was expecting a good episode last night, but what they gave us was just marvelous. I was grinning the whole time at just the fact that the episode was parodying one of those historical war documentaries. Everything in the episode I thought was just gold, from the changlorius bastards to pierce's doomsday weapon to how Brtitta britta'd taking pictures. Good stuff.

Just saw that too. Definitely went "ouch" at 1.3 but subsequently laughed my ass off that it was still NBC's highest of the night. Good god.

oatmeal

Banned
Wow.

Worst episode of the entire series by far. Sounds like an idea that someone pitched in the writers room as a joke and they ended up producing it.

I can see how somebody who has absolutely zero experience with Ken Burns or historical documentaries in general could be really turned off by this episode.

Arment

I admit while watching it I kept groaning, Why can't it be just a normal episode! But I actually ended up really liking it.

I don't think it was nearly as good as some were proclaiming, but whatevs. Pillow monster Pierce and the happy ending were cinchers.

I can see how somebody who has absolutely zero experience with Ken Burns or historical documentaries in general could be really turned off by this episode.

I'll admit that I am familiar with them but had a hard time getting past the parody format to really enjoy this episode.

I mostly liked the 3rd act...

I would have liked the first two acts if the ken burns parody wasn't the entire format.

edit: rewatching, the first act is pretty damn amazing. I take back what I said about it.

bengraven

Watching it now.

lol @ the Ken Burns style Civil War mockumentary.

Also, Keith David.

Edit: lol glad I'm not the only one to notice the Ken Burns feel. Fuck, I still need to finish the Old West. I do have the book.

Arment

Community is winning though! by 5%.

Amazing that it beat out Archer, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Louie, Fringe, Justified, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire etc.

Community fans are awesome.

Meier

Watched the impersonator party episode last night. Not bad. Ending was fucking dumb though as usual. The show is never for the better when they try and go as far out there as they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom