• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbo

Plenty of time to get those extra scenes explaining what the fuck happened to September -> January at Greendale and why Halloween/Christmas and Thanksgiving are all happening around May.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Also according to Yvette, we're getting Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes. I don't care if they're in the spring. Just give me February 7th!

Glad they at least settled on a date. Just hope they don't delay it again. There's 13 episodes, right? I hope they filmed an ending just in case.

The second episode of the season is Halloween, right? Should work great in February... on Valentine's Day.

You guys are whining about nothing. When ever day is October 19th, do holidays like Valentines, Halloween, Xmas etc even mean anything? The only holiday that matters is October 19th.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Any network other than NBC would have cancelled it midway through season 2. We should be thankful the show was on NBC.
Yeah. If NBC has done anything right it's that they listen to the fanbase in certain cases instead of just the numbers. Chuck was saved by its fanbase when it was right on the edge of cancellation. Same thing happened to Community. Anyone else would have dropped it like a ton of bricks.

Fuck that >_< Fuck you NBC!

I don't understand the anger at this. Would you rather have NBC air four episodes before Christmas with no lead-up and no advertising, probably ensuring abysmal ratings, then have a long break through winter before returning with new episodes,which would destroy ratings even more, OR have them start in February, giving them plenty of time to advertise and announce the show's returning, along with airing during Sweeps which is a big show of confidence in the show?

Considering they already stalled the initial premiere date, I'd rather wait until February, get the 13 episodes, and have a better chance at renewal than NBC taking it out back and shooting it by shoving it on Friday with no advertisements.

Mariolee

You guys are whining about nothing. When ever day is October 19th, do holidays like Valentines, Halloween, Xmas etc even mean anything? The only holiday that matters is October 19th.

I would buy a Community-themed calendar that has October 19th as the date of everyday. Get on it NBC.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I don't understand the anger at this. Would you rather have NBC air four episodes before Christmas with no lead-up and no advertising, probably ensuring abysmal ratings, then have a long break through winter before returning with new episodes,which would destroy ratings even more, OR have them start in February, giving them plenty of time to advertise and announce the show's returning, along with airing during Sweeps which is a big show of confidence in the show?
And then still put it up against Big Bang Theory.

Darkgran

Just popping in real quick to say...I am about 3 episodes into season 1 and I have to say I freaking love this show.

Why have i waited so long to watch this?

Hope it holds up...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just popping in real quick to say...I am about 3 episodes into season 1 and I have to say I freaking love this show.

Hope it holds up...

3 episodes into season 1? Pfft, it doesn't really get good until 5 episodes in. You have plenty of quality ahead of you.

Hope it holds up...

I thought the show was weak until Troy stopped being the Troy they had originally written for a white actor. You'll know when that occurs, because it's right around the same time the show went from good to amazing.

The psychology experiment?

Yep, around then. At some point he all of a sudden drops all pretense of being a jock, and everyone stops referring to him as a jock personality. He's so much better when he just becomes a goofball. That psychology episode is brilliant. Troy's freakout, followed by John Oliver's freakout are just great. Setting the precedent for a great many Troy freakout.

NawidA

Banned
So I'm catching up on Community and I noticed in the April 19th episode, there's a Neogaf reference (look in the spaceship). :)

Season three was very inconsistent, and straight up bad for stretches of episodes. Hopefully S4 is a return to glory, and we actually see some character development

OnPoint

This is the fine line the show must walk.
Fans of the absurd stories and the fans of the season1 style.

Is it? I'm a fan of both. While I love the Halloween episode from Season 2, one of my absolute favorites is the one with Troy's birthday. I don't get why people can't enjoy the show as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom