• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Community Season 3 |OT| Six Seasons and a Movie... feels Goodman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasoco

Banned
IceCold said:
I prefer Allison/Annie in all of those categories. The actress is cuter, seems to have a better personality and is funnier irl. Annie is also a better character, but that might be because of her beautiful boobs.

2Vzxw.gif

1sNRP.jpg

ftw
I'll be in my bunk.

Medalion

Banned
Congrats to Community for winning 5 Tubey Award 2011 including for best Scripted Show and Comedy (I have no idea what that award is either)

22662pre.jpg

22654pre.jpg

Posted a link to some interviews with the cast and even one of the guest cast characters in the spoiler post

beat

Medalion said:
Congrats to Community for winning 5 Tubey Award 2011 including for best Scripted Show and Comedy (I have no idea what that award is either)
Fan-voted awards from Television Without Pity (aka TWOP). C'mon, TWOP is still one of the greatest TV discussion websites around, if maybe not quite as influential as it used to be. In its heyday, Aaron Sorkin came to TWOP briefly before deciding he really really didn't like it; that silly episode of "The West Wing" where Josh Lyman got obsessed with trolls on "LemonLyman.com" in a small B or C plot was his response.

More positively, Greg Garcia took over someone's pre-existing account ("whojackie") on the site in secret, posted a couple of times, and then had his show "My Name Is Earl" feature a guest star who only only putatively was whojackie, but who read his own post out loud as he was typing it - a post which had shown up on the TWOP forums a couple of days earlier. So meta.

Anyways, TWOP is like NeoGAF in one respect: it's firmly moderated and therefore nothing like a Youtube comments section.

gabbo

Medalion said:
Somewhere... out...there... beneath the pale moon liiiiiiggghhhtttttt

tumblr_lbgb0x4Hau1qcev3ao1_500.png
Abed's whole t-shirt wardrobe is a walking billboard for threadless. I never realized it was all of them.

Medalion

Banned
Just rewatching that episode from season 1, ep 10 "Environmental Science"

Good god has the show changed a lot in such a short time. It's like an entirely different show.

That musical montage scene still chokes me up.

So excited for Season 3, been rewatching Season 2 on DVD in preparation.

Community is one of the few shows that is so good, it gets the distinct honor of actually adding a personality quirk to my life. I have recently realized I have picked up and starting using Abed's 'Cool. Cool cool cool.' in real life.

DJ_Lae

Incendiary said:
Community is one of the few shows that is so good, it gets the distinct honor of actually adding a personality quirk to my life. I have recently realized I have picked up and starting using Abed's 'Cool. Cool cool cool.' in real life.

My building manager has picked up that same quirk, for the same reason.

I have to catch myself sometimes or I almost say it.

Medalion

Banned
Speaking of "Cool cool cool"

I am not sure if this was discovered a long time ago but upon rewatching season 1's 8th episode where Jeff becomes Abed's roommate I noticed that Jeff said "Cool cool cool", I am not sure if this is a coincidence or Abed said it before this either.
Also, Britta calls Jeff "the worst" after Jeff says he thinks Britta's been attracted to him the whole time. Now this is how the group and most people think of Britta as being "the worst".

Interesting observations in retrospect

Shaneus

Medalion said:
Speaking of "Cool cool cool"

I am not sure if this was discovered a long time ago but upon rewatching season 1's 8th episode where Jeff becomes Abed's roommate I noticed that Jeff said "Cool cool cool", I am not sure if this is a coincidence or Abed said it before this either.
Also, Britta calls Jeff "the worst" after Jeff says he thinks Britta's been attracted to him the whole time. Now this is how the group and most people think of Britta as being "the worst".

Interesting observations in retrospect
Normally I'd be quick to dismiss these sorts of observations (and I have in the past) but given your record, you just may be right.

beat

Hasn't "you're the worst" been a saying for a while? I thought 30 Rock was doing it before Community even premiered.

Quick

Banned
Medalion said:
Does anybody ever use "Streets Ahead" in real life conversation hoping someone gets where that's from?

I've used it maybe once or twice. Whoever I said it to got it.

I've also said "cool cool cool" a few times. It's definitely catchy. Also, "pop pop" in one random instance.

Captain Blood said:
Why in gods name are seasons one and two not out on blu ray?
Am I dumb and unable to find them?

Probably the low ratings? I'm hoping we'll get a bluray set if season 3 takes off.

big ander

Nappuccino said:
Probably the low ratings? I'm hoping we'll get a bluray set if season 3 takes off.
I kind of don't get how people don't arrive at that conclusion on their own and instead think that a store is sold out or doesn't have it listed.

big ander said:
I kind of don't get how people don't arrive at that conclusion on their own and instead think that a store is sold out or doesn't have it listed.
I have three Seasons of Chuck on blu ray. I can't imagine that gets better ratings.

Medalion

Banned
Captain Blood said:
I have three Seasons of Chuck on blu ray. I can't imagine that gets better ratings.
Chuck gets better ratings than Community, yes it's possible, and we don't have Subway to save our ass

Medalion said:
Chuck gets better ratings than Community, yes it's possible, and we don't have Subway to save our ass

Fair enough I assumed their ratings were on par. You would think if a show was being brought back for a third season there would be enough interest for a blu ray release. Oh well.

Medalion

Banned
GoutPatrol said:
That is Sony's decision.
Another reason for me to hate Sony then

GO MYST

erm... Nintendo

the_log_ride said:
woohoo S3 thread! Damn, Medallion, Britta looks good in dat avatar. Almost makes me want to switch camps. Almost.
Britta ftw, come turn things into a snake with us!

And the Chuck Blu Ray sets are not that great either. Just because it gets a Blu release does not mean it is good. And it is odd since WB puts out some great looking blu ray tv sets, like Supernatural.

But I dont know of any Sony TV properties besides Breaking Bad that get the blu treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom