• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan: The Barbarian. If you do not like this movie, then the hell with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuzz Rez said:
Amazing film and it holds up very well unlike the second film :mad:
Still Total Recall is my favorite from him, this doesn't come far behind but sine I'm a sci-fi man I'll take Recall over this.

...btw where is the total recall thread ?
The Total Recall thread is coming. I plan on posting it later tonight. The Arnold love must continue.

And when it comes out on Blu-Ray, there will be countless people on here bitching at the lack of a 5.1 track just like when the DVD came out. It is unfortunate that the original stems for the sound are in such poor shape or lost that we will never get a real 5.1 track. However, if they were to simply release a 5.1 isolated score, the disc would be worth it for that alone.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
After reading this thread I had a Conan the Barbarian/Pizza party at my house. BIG SUCCESS. Everyone lost their shit when Conan punched the camel.

Kuran

Banned
Actually it would be awesome if Arnold could reprise the role. There needs to be some restrictions though... they should market the movie as boasting no CGI work, get matte painters, model creators and use all the old techniques combined with new camera equipment. It will at least sweep the demographic of 30yo's that grew up in the 80's and miss good movies.

Wii said:

That is the funniest thing I've seen this year, thank you.

Sabotage said:
conancomeatme.gif
DEM TRI'S.

GhaleonEB

It took a while, but this thread put Conan on my Netflix queue back when it was posted. Just watched it for the first time in over 10 years.

Jesus tits, they don't make'em like they used to. Incredible movie, and Arnold is just flat-out perfect. I love that the film has no sense of pretension, it's just a beautiful, ruggedly hewn tale of blood and boobs and steel.

I feel like going and gloriously smashing something. And ordering the soundtrack. Maybe smashing something while listening to the soundtrack.

I almost watched this yesterday while sick. I watched Robocop, which has an amazing score from Basil Paledoris, and the music made me want to watch Conan again.

Instead of Conan, I did a double header of Terminator and then Terminator 2. Perhaps Conan will be tomorrow. Make it another Arnold week.

Happy birthday to me! Blu rays were announced, and they come out one week before my birthday. Crom has been kind.

the digital bits said:
Some great catalog news today: Universal has officially revealed the Blu-ray Disc release of Conan the Barbarian and Conan the Destroyer on 8/2. Conan the Barbarian will include audio commentary with director John Milius and Arnold Schwarzenegger, 4 featurettes (Conan Unchained: The Making of Conan, Art of Steel: Sword Makers and Masters, Conan: From the Vault and Special Effects), material from The Conan Archives and theatrical trailers. Conan the Destroyer will include a theatrical trailer. You'll also get the usual interactive options. Audio for both will be 5.1 DTS-HD MA. We'll post the final cover art as soon as it's ready (it appears the cover art that's leaked out is temp only).

With the movie being in DTS-HD MA 5.1 does that mean they found material good enough to do a new mix? I know the issue with the old DVD was the source material for the sound. So either the specs are wrong, or they found something they didn't have before. Or they are just making new sound elements.

Gattsu25

Banned
bloodydrake said:
ahh Conan the Barbarian.. one of the all time great fanatasy movies..where adult fantasy movies were still allowed to be Restricted for a mature audience.

Add The Sword and the Sorcerer to the list as another great 80's classic that wasn't made for kids.
the-sword-and-the-sorcerer-movie-poster-1020193518.jpg
Where the hell can you buy/rent this? WTF

Were all the DVDs discontinued?

hteng

Banned
Discotheque said:
I know you're joking around with the reference to the Predators film that came out last year...buuut they actually are remaking Conan. Here's a set photo of the much less threatening barbarian in action:

conan_mad_face.jpg

god damn that sword looks plastic

wait.. what. is that Drogo?! holyshit i just noticed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom