• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confessions of a Serial Liker

Do you Like?

• Total voters
Hi Friends,

My name is off duty ninja off duty ninja and I have a problem. I like posts. No, no. I don't just like posts, I (y) them. A lot. Twitter, NeoGAF, iMessage, where ever I have the opportunity to let someone know I like their message, I do it.

I'm sure some of you are thinking it's because I want likes myself and sure, that's probably part of it. The truth is it sometimes feels like some weird new form of anxiety though. Sometimes I want to like a post I disagree with because it's so absurd but I am afraid it will appear as an endorsement.

Likewise, there are times where a post might contain content I wholeheartedly agree with but it may be right along side more content that I abhor. I don't want to be seen as endorsing something that I don't.

Of course I could write a post to clarify things but have you read my posts lately? I'm not exactly the most articulate human around. Usually I just write a bunch of words, realize that they are complete gibberish rather than conveying my actual thoughts and feelings on a topic, and delete them if the reply box will let me.

Do any of you folks have the same problem? Anybody here a super serial liker like me? Any other weird anxieties, fears or other social phobias driving your behavior?

EDIT: and yes, I tagged myself. :messenger_horns:

Last edited:

TrainedRage

Banned
I like you. You are a righteous dude!

Now please like this post. Or my opinion of you will drop faster than the current markets.

I just remembered the main reason I like posts is because I am usually LTTP and many folks have said what I wanted more clearly than I ever could anyways.

I like you. You are a righteous dude!

Now please like this post. Or my opinion of you will drop faster than the current markets.

There you go. ;)

Thanks for posting too, I swear I didn't set this thread up JUST for the likes.

If you have the option to dislike, are you a serial disliker?

I try not to be but the pnly platform I use with a dislike is iMessage and my wife would KILL me if I disliked any of her messages. :cry:

I would like a dislike button to be added here but at the same time I think I would feel bad if I overused it. it would definitely open my options anxiety-wise and give me more to worry about so there's that.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

You have been visited by the great Off Duty Ninja of likes.
Like this post within 0.129873 seconds to receive many great likes and fortune

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I read this as 'serial killer' and instantly thought we had the best confession thread of all time lol

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Also read serial killer. Then I saw liker and I was like meh I'll open it anyway, but I was REALLY hoping for some serial killer talk.

Also read serial killer. Then I saw liker and I was like meh I'll open it anyway, but I was REALLY hoping for some serial killer talk.

Maybe someday, if my condition continues or worsens.

At first it was just the likes but it wasn't enough. I had to find another way to reverse-feed my ego so I branched out. I started drawing (y) on things I like. Next I escalated to sticking my (y) right in people's faces when I overheard something funny in the checkout line. Before I knew it I thought something was so funny that I just couldn't stop. (y)(y)(y) over and over, right in their face until all that was left was a bloody mess. It felt so good that I (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) myself to death.

BOOM!

Murder Suicide

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Very nice, I like.

images

HeadsUp7Up

I think every forum should have a "Like" button for posts. No point in clogging up the thread with a ton of quoted replies just to say, "this", "^", ".", etc. just so folks can pad their post count.

Airola

Also read it as "serial killer" and went on reading the full first post thinking it's about that.

Top Bottom