• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility

I don't care for Nintendo, I think they thrive on nostalgia and haven't come out with a new ip worthwhile but instead keep spinning exisiting IP's. If Nintendo were to disappear I wouldn't miss them but I want them to do good for their fans.. otherwise they are irrelevant to me.

Oomph. That's a hot take if I ever seen one. But the fact that you want Nintendo to do good for its fans means that you still keep your cred in my book. 👍

I never beat Ocarina of Time nor do I have any desire to. Just never clicked with me. I tried so, so hard to like it.

This, and I'm actually really into Zelda. When I was a kid playing it, I was content after I got Epona, and didn't see any need to dungeons now that I had the badass motherfuckin horse. Returning to it on 3ds I stopped playing partway through, still not sure why.

If I run into a difficult puzzle in a game, if I can't figure it out in like an hour, I just use a guide. I don't really have the time to spend half the day getting past something lol

pablito

I haven't played a Metroid game and I don't care to

I haven't played a Castlevania game and don't care to

I'm completely apathetic over the whole Mega Man thing. I've played a lot of MM3, some MMX, watched some MML, and one of the newer games done in the classic style that came out some years ago. Just not that good to me. People that threw shit fits over MM not being in MvC3 (despite still having 2 reps from it). MML3 being canceled. Raged over ugly box art MM in SFxT (I loved it). Hyped the shit out of MN09. It's calmed down over the recent years but around 2011 the MM fanbase was very annoying and I just don't see how the series or Inafune has earned such a fanbase.

The weird mechanics of Uncharted games make them some of the hardest games I've played, if I use the number of deaths as the main metric. It's not difficult to do stuff in the game. But for some reason I'd just...die. And die again. And again and again. I play them on easy.

Eusis

I easily drop money on Pay2Win DLC for single player games. Case in point: SMTIV and Persona 5.
Did that for FE:A and SMTIV, though I mostly fucked around with leveling Donnel in that before deciding I let it sit too long unbeaten and started to go a bit nuts. And SMTIV ended up mainly for post-game fucking around... and I think points for my gauntlet.

I found Uncharted 1 and 3 too hard and knocked them to easy.

EDIT: Oh hey I'm with the last poster on Uncharted! But I muscled through 2 somehow and just didn't finish 4 as that was a rental and Zelda hit like a meteor.

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite Final Fantasy game by far.

For the record: it was neither my first FF game (FF1 on NES was) nor my first JRPG (Dragon Warrior 2 on NES was), not to mention I played several 3D games before it (full 3D at that, not just prerendered) so the usual "you just liked it because it was your first X" arguments don't apply to me.

sqwarlock

I enjoy sports games. Sometimes to the point of putting a non-sports game on the shelf for a while so I can just zone out and play some electronic football/baseball/hockey.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Dark Souls would be a better game if it had difficulty settings. Options are a good thing.

Played Bloodborne after I glitched and got high leveled which made the game super fun.

I regularly use guides for puzzles in games if im suck for more than ten minutes. I buy too many games i dont like digitally either a.) due to blind hype (looking at you andromeda and no mans sky) and b.) i see them
On super cheap psn and xbox live sales

ReyVGM

ITT We confess the things that, inwardly, we think would destroy our credibility in circles like these (GAF, enthusiasts, games journo, etc.).

I'll begin.

In my friend groups, I'm the Nintendo guy. I've always loved everything Nintendo, and always been the Nintendo defender through every console generation. I also (mainly) cover all Nintendo content for the website I write for.

I've never played a single Metroid game in my entire life. I've only ever gotten like an hour into Earthbound. I've never played a Pikmin game. Feels bad man.

Now you go.

I'm the Nintendo guy too. I've never played or care about Animal Crossing, I don't find Mario Kart or Smash appealing. Same for Splatoon.

Maybe it's because I don't care about endless or multiplayer games?

Varna

I have never actually finished Pillars of Eternity even though I pledge $250 for it.

I have this really bad habit in western RPGs. I play maybe 3/4 of the game and just get the urge to start over and try another build. I usually star modding my games to be more difficult when I do this as well. It's the reason that even though I have well over 450 hours logged into games like Fallout 1/2, New Vegas, Baldur's Gate 2 I have actually only completed each once. In the case of Pillars, I have yet to complete it. I finished White March pt1 and then it's off to the character creator once again.

Oh yeah, and I delete my save file every single time. I wonder if this is a kind of condition... I literally cannot have a second save file for another playthrough.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
My Persona 5 playthrough was done completely side by side with a walkthrough telling me exactly what I should do every day. I also played it on easy.

In my defense, if I had done anything otherwise I would have dropped it.

Schnozberry

I don't like the gameplay in The Last of Us.

I'm with you. I fought through it because I enjoyed the story and the characters.

I feel the same way about Uncharted too. The games are beautiful and the stories are immersive but they are rarely any fun to play. Outside of rewatching cinematics to refresh myself on the stories leading into the sequels, once I beat them I have never once picked up a recent Naughty Dog game for a second playthrough.

DVCY201

Alright. So y'know in Majora's Mask how you have to give a Red Potion to Koume in the Southern Swamp? In the original N64, they tell you to open the START Menu and equip the Red Potion to a C Button. I would see this message, Press A, equip the Red Potion, and Link would drink it every single time instead of giving it to her.

It took me 5 years to realize that you had to give it to her WHILE the MESSAGE was up. It's now my favourite Zelda.

Years ago I pretended I beat demons souls in it's heyday. Years later I actually beat demons souls but because I told everyone I was awesome I wasn't able to brag about it.

I'm playing Nier Automata on the easiest difficulty level and let the game basically play itself. I don't care about the fighting, and I just wanna enjoy the story and the drama, while winning some trophies without any effort.

I need to do this. I finished first playthrough and on my second now but can't really be bothered. Like you I just wanna see where the story goes. Thanks for the idea!!!

RyuKanSan

I've never played a GTA game.

The last sports game I played was Tecmo Bowl.

I never owned a Microsoft console except the 360 because of Eternal Sonata and Infinite Undiscovery. I honestly hated when Microsoft got into gaming but they're cool now.

I love FFX-2 because of the jpop inspired tunes.

The first Resident Evil game I ever played and which got me into RE was RE4

Thewonandonly

The only two resident evil games I have beaten are Re5 and raccoon city. I have attempted 4 like 4 times now and have never even made it to the castle :(. Played and own all of revelations 2 but never made it to the second level. Then my second game of the year this year RE7 in Vr is to intense so I haven't finished that yet :O

Ritzboof

this is an oddly tough question for me, i feel like i have pretty good taste and nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to video games

the only thing i really think twice before saying is that i genuinely feel like shit like league of legends, world of warcraft, and all the big ass shooty bangbang games are so popular because simple minded people can easily understand them and feel like theyre getting the full gaming experience

I post on Neogaf.

oh yeah, and this. i always get a few heads to turn whenever i mention neogaf on discord. if i have something neogaf related to complain about, my first problem was being on neogaf to begin with

I finished Dark souls and platinum Bloodborne but im really bad at fighting bosses and always gets help from other players.

Chalice dungeons i finished without help somehow....

Ritzboof

I finished Dark souls and platinum Bloodborne but im really bad at fighting bosses and always gets help from other players.

i almost mentioned my disdain for some dark souls bosses, but i feel like the feeling is relatively common. i had a lot of fun playing dark souls III, but i had no patience for some of the bosses. i give the bosses some pretty good shakes, but after a little while, i just looked up a cheese strat or did it with two of my friends. i dont really care, the game made its point

I hated the N64. Nintendo took this beautiful 2d gameplay they spent years perfecting and decided to make ugly, blocky, foggy, barely playable games instead. It basically made me quit gaming altogether until around 2004-2005. I still do not think much of most early polygonal games.

Top Bottom