• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility

Goldboy

I've never played Chrono Trigger, despite loving RPGs. One of these days I'm planning on picking up the DS version.

Only completed about 5 SP games in my 20 years of gaming. Always moved onto something new in the early days / minimal play and then moved to MP gaming when that became popular, enjoy it far more.

Cryxok

Another one: despite loving RPGs, I could never get into FF mainline games. And I honestly tried with FFIV (DS), FFVI (Virtual Console) and FFXV. Only played for a little while on each try. I really like some of the spin-offs tho.

EndMerit

Despite being that friend who keeps recommending and hyping up PlatinumGames and Clover to my other friends, I haven't actually finished Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Vanquish or Bayonetta.

Over half of posts here think this is the controversal opinion thread

Mine would be shit like never owned an xbox but who the hell cares

It's okay if your gaming sin is having never played FF or whatever. It only destroys your credibility if say, you start talking about jrpgs like you're a know-it-all but you never even played a FF game

moomoo14

I don't play games on PC. This means I haven't played nearly every notable RTS or MMO.

I haven't played a Bethesda RPG.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I easily drop money on Pay2Win DLC for single player games. Case in point: SMTIV and Persona 5.

I guess there's multiple kinds of credibility. My insistence that other m has gameplay as trash as its story probably makes me seem nuts to an entirely different group of people from the "no interest in gta" confession

aett

I've been a huge Nintendo fan since the NES, and I think the Gamecube is overrated.

Metroid Prime 1 is nearly perfect (I hated 2). Wind Waker is great at parts but has a ton of tedium. Thousand Year Door, similarly, has some amazing parts and overall great gameplay, but lots of unnecessary backtracking for the purposes of padding.

And those are the games I actually liked. Sure, I can say that Melee was a great game too, but I just don't enjoy fighting games. Mario Sunshine was a letdown to me. I love JRPGs (especially at the time), but couldn't get into Symphonia or Baten Kaitos. I feel like even if I include all the most popular games that I didn't personally like, it's still an incredibly small library for people to still be drooling over.

SliChillax

I have no interest in Nintendo or any of their IPs. Couldn't care less about Zelda or Mario or whatever​franchise people keep mentioning every damn second
I always play games on easy because I don't enjoy the challenge

I played Witcher 3 on the easiest difficulty because I found the fight too tough. And everywhere I go to discuss about the game I find post after post of people saying that they played it on the hardest one because they found t too easy.

I've never owned an Xbox family console in my life (straight Playstation, Nintendo around half the time, and PC), but I think Xbox controllers (both the 360 and the XB1 pads) shit on all the other first party controllers from an extreme height, and a major reason why I do a lot of PC gaming lately.

I don't even have large hands or anything, they just feel so much better.

Cryxok

There's Pay2Win DLC in Persona 5? I thought it was just costumes/BGM.

There are also some Personas from the playable cast of previous games like Izanagi, Messiah, Tanathos and Ariadne. I assume they're really good early on, tho I haven't bought any

I've never played through a Zelda game. My playtime for the series as a whole is less than an hour.

:/

Same here. Only found out last year that you don't actually play as Zelda either lol. That was a few hours of confusion right there...

I've also never beaten a Mario game either.

I don't care for Nintendo, I think they thrive on nostalgia and haven't come out with a new ip worthwhile but instead keep spinning exisiting IP's. If Nintendo were to disappear I wouldn't miss them but I want them to do good for their fans.. otherwise they are irrelevant to me.

Regiruler

Removed. Not really in the thread's spirit, I'll save it for when flame shield gets bumped again.
Despite being that friend who keeps recommending and hyping up PlatinumGames and Clover to my other friends, I haven't actually finished Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Vanquish or Bayonetta.
I haven't even played Vanquish or Viewtiful Joe.

alejo0121

I have never owned a Sony console/portable, none of the exclusives interests me.

I got burned of Call of Duty/Medal of Honor for many years now, the one I played last was Modern Warfare 2... Now I kind of hate the military/FPS genre.

I never finished Zelda 1 and 2 for NES... And I have finished all of the other Zeldas and loved most of them.

I have a very capable laptop for gaming... But rarely use it to play games...

FF13 was my first FF game and I only got into it cause I liked the FF13-2 demo.

I've never played MGS1 despite being a big fan of the series.

Edit: My first Zelda game was Twilight Princess and I was only interested in it for the motion controls.

I like how quickly this became the "What's your unpopular gamif opinion?" thread where people post things they never expect to come up again the next time they troll.

My first zelda game was skyward sword.

I never enjoyed playing Mario 64 or Mario galaxy, I had more fun playing Mario Sunshine.

I find every new generation Pokemon games getting worst; Pokemon games peaked during crystal and maybe sapphire and ruby.

Velcro Fly

I easily drop money on Pay2Win DLC for single player games. Case in point: SMTIV and Persona 5.

Yeah this is me. I bought the "cheat" DLC in Fire Emblem Awakening just to be able to mess around with forging things. I'm pretty sure I bought some "cheat" maps for Devil Survivor 2 as well.

Godcannon

Castlevania Lords of Shadow, Mirror of Fate, and 2 are the only ones I've ever beaten.

Edit: Mirror of Fate is my favorite Castlevania story.

The only Resident Evil I've actually beaten is the Umbrella Chronicles HD light Gun games.

Thaz all I can think of for now.

Ziocyte

I'm not proud of this, but I've never completed a game in the Prime series.

They came out when I was in college and I was doing one of two things on opposite ends of the spectrum. I was either too busy socializing or I was playing Everquest like a nut. Between life/college/EQ balance it left almost no time for other gaming endeavors. I owned systems and would buy games, but rarely get more than a couple house into them. I made it further into both 1&2 than most games, but everyone trailed off of both.

I love them, but I feel like a fraud having never beat them.

Top Bottom