• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: 24 is back. 12 episodes. Summer 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of 24 Presidents, they really do go through them like candy:

Season 1: Unknown/Harold Barnes (?)
Season 2-3: David Palmer, James Prescott
Season 4: John Keeler
Season 5: Charles Logan, Hal Gardner
Season 6: Wayne Palmer, Noah Daniels
Seasons 7-8: Allison Taylor

http://media.gunaxin.com/the-presidents-of-24/8940

I don't even know how many of them had a full term.

Well, Palmer definitely served only four years, he didn't run a second time.

Keeler was shot out of the sky so he didn't even finish a full term,

Logan had to resign so he didn't finish a full term,

Gardner finished up Logan's term and lost to Palmer.

Palmer got blown up so Daniels finished his term,

When Daniels ran for his first full term, Taylor beat him and she had to resign too.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Season 8 takes place 14 years after season 1, so assuming he was around 35 in the first season he'd be about 50 at the end of the series

Palmer didn't run for reelection if I remember correctly, and Taylor only had one term as well

Yahoo Answers!

How many years have passed:

Day 1: The California Presidential Primary.
Day 2: 18 months after Day 1.
Day 3: 3 years after Day 2.
Day 4: 18 months after Day 3.
Day 5: 18 months after Day 4.
Day 6: 20 months after Day 5.
Redemption: 3 and a half years after Day 6.
Day 7: 65 days after Redemption events.
Day 8: the time difference is unknown but Teri, Jack's granddaughter is 4 so it is about 4 and a half years after.

Jack was born on 18th February 1966

Kim was born in 1985. She was 16 in Day 1.

They've got 17 years, but I think Season 8 was a little sooner. But anywhere between 14-16 years is about right. Jack was 35 in season 1 (2001 in show and in real life) Show ended when he was 49-52.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Well, Palmer definitely served only four years, he didn't run a second time.

Keeler was shot out of the sky so he didn't even finish a full term,

Logan had to resign so he didn't finish a full term,

Gardner finished up Logan's term and lost to Palmer.

Palmer got blown up so Daniels finished his term,

When Daniels ran for his first full term, Taylor beat him and she had to resign too.

I guess Palmer is the only one that served a full term -- sorta LOL:

Palmer/Prescott: 4 years
Keeler/Logan: 4 years
Logan/Gardner: 4 years
Palmer/Daniels: 4 years
Taylor: < 4 years?

Jack was 35 in 2001 and Kiefer is 46 today. In the 24 timeline, he should be anywhere from 50-55 years old for the start of the next season.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
*24 comes back and thread explodes with many posters joyful at the news*

"Should I watch this show? Is it any good?"

lol nooo kidding.
--
24 coming back is great if for no other reason than the 24 threads and awesome Bauer gifs. So yes, this is great news.

Only down side I see is that I've forgotten a vast majority of the characters, arcs, and who has done what, died, been brought back, etc.

Plus, now Game of Thrones needs to take a step back and watch how to really kill some main characters.

Absolutely ecstatic, but I'm still curious: why no movie?

Is bringing back a TV show for 12 episodes easier than a feature-length film?
I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing the waters to see if there is enough interest to bring back the show permanently.

Lonestar

lol nooo kidding.
--
24 coming back is great if for no other reason than the 24 threads and awesome Bauer gifs. So yes, this is great news.

Only down side I see is that I've forgotten a vast majority of the characters, arcs, and who has done what, died, been brought back, etc.

Plus, now Game of Thrones needs to take a step back and watch how to really kill some main characters.

Jack Bauer in the GOT universe? Shit would get done. King in the North, South, East, and there's nothing west of Westeros.

Tookay

Absolutely ecstatic, but I'm still curious: why no movie?

Is bringing back a TV show for 12 episodes easier than a feature-length film?

They've tried for years to get the movie off the ground; they even discussed doing a Die Hard/24 crossover. My guess is that Fox doesn't want to expend the resources to make it into a movie franchise.

Lonestar

LOL - this is patently false.

It was different. LOST-GAF was filled with crackpot theory's of WTF is going on (I know, I contributed a shitton of them).

24-GAF was "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIS SON, JACK GOING OFF oh look, a mole AHHHH SHIIIII JACK'S GOT A MURDERTANK"

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Speaking of 24 Presidents, they really do go through them like candy:

Season 1: Unknown/Harold Barnes (?)
Season 2-3: David Palmer, James Prescott
Season 4: John Keeler
Season 5: Charles Logan, Hal Gardner
Season 6: Wayne Palmer, Noah Daniels
Seasons 7-8: Allison Taylor

http://media.gunaxin.com/the-presidents-of-24/8940

And almost all of them are either murdered or impeached.

12 Episodes?

So we're getting 24 without all the filler? This is going to be rad.

Precisely.

Nameless

It's crazy Kiefer was cast as Snake in the MGS franchise. Seasons 5, 6 and 7 of 24 are packed with so many MGS parallels that they couldn't have coincidence. I remember it actually becoming a thing in the GAF threads .

Jack - Solid Snake
Graham Bauer - Liquid Snake
Philip Bauer - Big Boss
Tony - Grey Fox
President Logan - Solidus
Bill Buchanan - Col. Campbell
Chloe - Otacon
Dmitri Gridenko - Ocelot

gamma

Only the last two seasons are on Blu-Ray and I don't think there are any plans to release the earlier ones just yet. But Netflix Instant (and presumably the other streaming services like Amazon) have them in HD though.

Ah, perfect. Saves me some money too.

It's crazy Kiefer was cast as Snake in the MGS franchise. Seasons 5, 6 and 7 of 24 are packed with so many MGS parallels that they couldn't have coincidence. I remember it actually becoming a thing in the GAF threads .

Jack - Solid Snake
Graham Bauer - Liquid Snake
Philip Bauer - Big Boss
Tony - Grey Fox
President Logan - Solidus
Bill Buchanan - Col. Campbell
Chloe - Otacon
Dmitri Gridenko - Ocelot

I think I remember season 7 being the big MGS season. But with the Blue Tooth Group being like the Patriots, I guess 5 and 6 were also. :p

Maximus.

Really loved the series, despite the major dip it took in the mid seasons. Hope that the 12 new episodes are intense and action packed! Cant wait!

Kifimbo

BKLO3V3CcAEDTBS.jpg

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
It's fairly obvious that this is kind of a desperation move on FOX's part, but it could still be good and I'm excited.

Optimistically, the 12 episode format could potentially really make for a solid season without a bunch of bullshit. And I would fucking love if the series actually addressed the kind of character drama it was flirting with throughout especially the end of Season 6 through parts of 7.

I feel like Tony has to be involved with this though. He's pretty much the only significant loose end the show has.

bndadm

I feel like Tony has to be involved with this though. He's pretty much the only significant loose end the show has.

I'm curious why you feel Tony in particular is a loose end? Or do you mean the whole skype syndicate at the end of season 7 that got Renee in trouble between 7-8?

I always felt the biggest loose end (other than season 2's finale, screw the game)
was season 8's reason for the Russians to agree to a treaty only to secretly try to get out of the treaty.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm curious why you feel Tony in particular is a loose end? Or do you mean the whole skype syndicate at the end of season 7 that got Renee in trouble between 7-8?

I always felt the biggest loose end (other than season 2's finale, screw the game)
was season 8's reason for the Russians to agree to a treaty only to secretly try to get out of the treaty.

He's more of an emotional loose end than a plot loose end.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Ah gotchya. Yes, they did rather shuffle him off into the FBI's custody at the end of that season didn't they?

Yeah, I think there is a lot of really great character material to be had with some more scenes between Jack and Tony.

bndadm

Not sure if this is good enough to update the OP, but from an article I found at this link, they are stating a May 2014 premiere date

http://www.tvovermind.com/24/24-even...k-bauer-213784

Some other tidbits:

"...and Reilly noted that the series is already getting a &#8220;who&#8217;s who of Hollywood in the door wanting to participate on this&#8221;."
"Reilly noted that the original 24 hour time period usually covered big moments and some additional storylines. Compressing it into twelve weeks will allow the show to focus solely on the big moments."

So I guess now we can pass the time between now and then wondering what big stars may be appearing on the show.

Tugatrix

Not sure if this is good enough to update the OP, but from an article I found at this link, they are stating a May 2014 premiere date

http://www.tvovermind.com/24/24-even...k-bauer-213784

Some other tidbits:

"...and Reilly noted that the series is already getting a “who’s who of Hollywood in the door wanting to participate on this”."
"Reilly noted that the original 24 hour time period usually covered big moments and some additional storylines. Compressing it into twelve weeks will allow the show to focus solely on the big moments."

So I guess now we can pass the time between now and then wondering what big stars may be appearing on the show.

Benedict Cumberbatch would be a terrific villain, we also need Logan back...

Lonestar

Season 5 is the gold standard for the show, I wish we could have something like that again.

Hard to, when that season "cashed in" on 4 seasons worth of character building, and had, IMO, the biggest "OOOh Shit" twists that didn't involve a character death. A twist that's so large, that I still can't think of there being anything to rival it in 24.

they drop like flies, is any other character in TV or Movies that rivals that body count?
only one I can think of is Rambo. That last movie caught him up :lol

I'm not saying all later seasons after the second one were bad, they just got away from what made the show novel and popular to begin with. When someone gets shot in the neck, goes into surgery, and is back at work in three hours? It got ridiculous.

Yeah, LOVED the first season. Thought the 2nd was great. You could hold your suspension of believe for them since they were new.
Afterwards, the show started to get old. Reusing plotlines, same type of conflicts, villains & cliches. I don't know how it lasted for 7 seasons on the exact same premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom