• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Playstation 4 will release in Europe in 2013

Gorillaz

Most likely well see ads when the box itself is revealed. Even tho this would have been perfect.

I'm expecting MS and Sony Ad War all through the summer tho.

amar212

So apparently:

UK: CoD Xbone ad
Merica': Last of Us
Rest of Europe: Beer commercials?

We had T-Com and Unicredito too. And I learned Gramat is Gramat no more, but Gradeks. I was really surprised by that, especially when I saw Chubi in the commercial.

But yeah, you have no idea what am I talking about.

PaulLFC

I think the ad boards will have more impact anyway as you know people will be watching then.

Half time ad breaks are when everyone goes for a piss / gets food / drinks etc

farisr

Honestly, MS messed up with the Xbone ad (yes I know it was activision's decision too). COD looks like a last gen game. Not a good first impression to give to people about your next-gen console, especially when it's pretty much the graphics which are on trial in such a short ad on tv when talking about a new console.

Should've had Forza 5.

Honestly, MS messed up with the Xbone ad (yes I know it was activision's decision too). COD looks like a last gen game. Not a good first impression to give to people about your next-gen console, especially when it's pretty much the graphics which are on trial in such a short ad on tv.

Should've had Forza 5.

this.
-
----

oh shit GOAL!!

Baleoce

Honestly, MS messed up with the Xbone ad (yes I know it was activision's decision too). COD looks like a last gen game. Not a good first impression to give to people about your next-gen console, especially when it's pretty much the graphics which are on trial in such a short ad on tv.

Should've had Forza 5.

I agree with you in that at a glance it doesn't look much better than current CoD. And perhaps some people might not be concentrating and just think it's a 360 ad xD But showing CoD isn't the error. It's a system seller in the UK, and Forza sells, but not anywhere in that league, and not enough to warrant buying a system.

goonergaz

Should've had Forza 5.

Yeah, during the xbone reveal when the cod tech talk was showing bits and talking about improvements to the engine it looked nice...but when they showed the xbone footage as in the ad we just saw it looked so this gen.

Honestly, MS messed up with the Xbone ad (yes I know it was activision's decision too). COD looks like a last gen game. Not a good first impression to give to people about your next-gen console, especially when it's pretty much the graphics which are on trial in such a short ad on tv when talking about a new console.

Should've had Forza 5.

It's an Activision ad. MS just has a deal for CoD so the commercial ends with their console (was 360 now it's Xbox One).

farisr

I agree with you in that at a glance it doesn't look much better than current CoD. And perhaps some people might not be concentrating and just think it's a 360 ad xD But showing CoD isn't the error. It's a system seller in the UK, and Forza sells, but not anywhere in that league, and not enough to warrant buying a system.

Showing COD for the first Nextbox ad which is also available on previous gen consoles is the error.

IF this COD was next-gen only. Then yeah, it wouldn't be that bad. (still bad for those who want to see significant improvements from next gen consoles before buying them).

Basically their deal with Activision resulted in an ad that is not flattering to their next-gen console (and especially bad for a first impression).

Boss Man

Even at the conference they said it was exclusive DLC for Ultimate Team. Not Ultimate Team itself.
They definitely presented it in a way that might lead to some beneficial confusion. I thought about that the second they said it.

edit: The real story here is that PS2 blue is back.

Top Bottom