• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed: Project CARS delayed to March 20th 2015

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why would they need more funding? They've been fully funded for almost two years now, I believe.

It's not about needing "more funding." They were a month from launch. I'd happily pay to get "early access" to the title given this delay to play it sooner than the newer date, especially since... again... it was one month from launch.

I don't know for this specific case since I'm not "in the know" but I can tell you from experience that generally speaking the decision to actually delay the game is often taken long before it is announced publicly.

For example, in this case, I wouldn't be surprised that they decided to delay it back in july/august but waited until now to announce it.

It's not like you wake up one morning, a month from release, and realize that your game isn't ready to ship lol. You see those things coming when you are developping a game.

I realize that. But again: Weird how they announce a delay with like 2 weeks left from launch. Surely they could've announced that delay when they realized they were going to have to delay it.

Miguel81

All the beautiful shots/vids, and this was almost at my fingertips. I'm massively let down by this news. As a PC gamer, it was about to become my main racing game. Maybe they can get more licenses with this delay?

So Wii U 2016?

Here is how I see it (just my opinion), I don't think they are working on the Wii U version at the moment until the other consoles and PC version are done. Then they will focus on the Wii U version and release it probably in the Summer of 2015. I personally don't believe that the Wii U version is taking them way longer to develop, just that they are leaving it be until they have time to get to it.

Top Bottom