• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CONFIRMED: USA Gamestop PS3 pre-orders start today (10/10).

Wollan

I got this from the IGN forums.. I know, I know but better safe than sorry.

Rileq1 posted this:

I know there's another thread saying 10/10 will be the reserve date, but I'm literally at work with my laptop with me, and I see nothing of the sort (no email), and most DM's are on conference calls in the morning, so I don't know where that info came from. So to reiterate, there's NO concrete info yet.

I know some of you are waiting for me to let you know the scoop, so if I find anything out today (I have my call at 3:30 PST), I'll post it instantly, so you'll all have the scoop.

And yes, I have my laptop at work.

ALL FOR YOUR BENEFIT! grin (Yea.. I'm excited about the info too....just want to share.)

2.5hours later:

GUYS!

99% Confirmed.

Reserves start tomorrow 10/10. $100 down.

Just need to go an my call for 100% confirmation, but I got this info from a "reliable source". Trust me.

Get your trades and $$$ ready! It's gonna be a hell of a morning.

Also, there is NOT A LOT to go around. Can't give specifics, but trust me.

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/128788795/p1/?31

EDIT: It IS happening people. Heaps of folks nationwide has confirmed it (both Gamestop and EB). Pre-order numbers are low however so you would probably want to come early. 100$, Tuesday October 10th.

Bezz

Banned
Vrolokus said:
Are Wii and PS3 preorders necessarily going to open on the same day?

WHO CARES ABOUT THE WII!!!!

Gamespot expect me tomorrow with 100 dollars cash money!

I just called Gamestop, and asked "Do you have any info on PS3 preorders"

and the guy said "we should have more information on that tomorrow"...

sounds promising...

But i hate buying from them, their warranty coverage is terrible.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Well just got a text msg back from a friend who is asst mgr at a local Gamestop... he said he's heard no such thing... which in the end doesn't mean a whole helluva lot...

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Called GAMESTOP 1800 corp office and asked this myself after hearing the BS about the Wii for this AM.

CORP says that stores are giving out FALSE information and there are NO pre-orders scheduled and they will not guarntee anyone getting a console at launch. They are trying to call stores and combat the rumors floating around about Tuesday!

Soo back to waiting..

Zep

Banned
costco.jpg

ORANGUTAN

Banned
just remember to those ebaying... only 1 reserve per household at eb and gamestop... they check their database for both

anyways...

eb/gamestop for 1
walmart.com for 1
amazon.com for 1
maybe some others

i'm looking to get around 4 or 5... what about you guys?

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Id be happy with just one for me, screw ebay alot of stress and pressure to geto one day one why give it away for even a few extra coins..

Bezz

Banned
ORANGUTAN said:
just remember to those ebaying... only 1 reserve per household at eb and gamestop... they check their database for both

anyways...

eb/gamestop for 1
walmart.com for 1
amazon.com for 1
maybe some others

Wow you are a sad mutha....

People have been waiting for the console for months, why dont you let somebody else have a chance at buying it TO PLAY AND ENJOY!!!

Ebay whores are the worst scum of this gaming community, ebay whores are the north korea of gaming.

im hoping to get two, one tomorrow and then camping out for one. ill get a 500 dollar model and a 600 dollar model, decide which one i want the most and then sell the other

4 or 5 is a little rough oragutan

Dante

ORANGUTAN said:

anyways...

eb/gamestop for 1
walmart.com for 1
amazon.com for 1
maybe some others

It's one thing to eBay it, but to come here boasting about how many you are gonna scam, when there are people on the board who legitimatly want one is pretty low.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
ORANGUTAN said:

anyways...

eb/gamestop for 1
walmart.com for 1
amazon.com for 1
maybe some others

Now do we blame him, or do we blame Sony. I'm confused.

J-Rzez

I talked to the Gamestop manager I was friend's with for years now... And she told me, "No, we aren't taking pre-orders at all... ever... we're getting 3 in, not sure if it's all 60g or 20g or a mix yet, but it's 3... and you've spent a lot of money here, and you're a nice guy... I'll take care of you, don't worry..."

That is all...

ORANGUTAN

Banned
whatever...

if people are willing to spend 1k+ for a ps3 (and they will), i'm going to bend them over.

capitalism at its finest, bitches.

seriously... i missed the money train for 360 and there's no way i'm letting that happen again.

$1500 or 2 grand..however much profit i make is huge for me as a college student.

(and there's lots of others here doing this as well so don't be hypocrital please)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
ORANGUTAN said:

anyways...

eb/gamestop for 1
walmart.com for 1
amazon.com for 1
maybe some others

You seem like a okay guy, but damn you. I wish we could do something about guys like you.

I can confirm this absolutely. $100 down, one pre-order per household company-wide, and a reservation isn't absolute. When it comes time to ship the units, pre-order with the most tie-in pre-orders will take priority. Pre-orders start 10/10 at store opening.

Stench

Banned
ORANGUTAN said:
whatever...

if people are willing to spend 1k+ for a ps3 (and they will), i'm going to bend them over.

seriously... i missed the money train for 360 and there's no way i'm letting that happen again.

$1500 or 2 grand..however much profit i make is huge for me as a college student.

(and there's lots of others here doing this as well so don't be hypocrital please)
SHUT THE FUCK UP

this is no different than ticket scalping. Ticket scalpers are some of the biggest pieces of shit on the face of the earth. You have no idea how horrible it feels knowing you couldnt go to your favourite band's concert because some stupid **** who bribed the local Ticketmaster manager got all the seats instead.

I hope someone beats your ass in the parking lot, you ****ing maggot

Bezz

Banned
ORANGUTAN said:
whatever...

GTFO please

Its November, people work hard for their money, they have to buy things for Xmas, that is just a sad sad thing to do.
If somebody see a person like Orangutan doing this, steal all his PS3s and give them to charity.

@ All serious buyers, go early in the morning, just when they open. I will try to aim for #1 spot.

Koomaster

ORANGUTAN said:
whatever...

Make money for yourself - FINE! But don't come to a gaming community and BRAG about how you are gonna try and snatch up so many to ebay. That's the disgusting part.

im gonna put like 5 down on 100 games and then when i go in on nov 17th to pick up my launch system ill cancel all my preorders and pay off the ps3 with the money

Shinoobi said:
Please explain these tie-in preorders. You mean PS3 related preorders? Or all preorders?
I'm thinking the PS3 order plus the number of games and accessories you have preordered alongside that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Well, I know what I'm doing tomorrow morning then. I've heard this being passed around various places and having called a couple stores myself, their answers all seem to indicate that it will be very soon.

Stench said:
SHUT THE FUCK UP

this is no different than ticket scalping. Ticket scalpers are some of the biggest pieces of shit on the face of the earth. You have no idea how horrible it feels knowing you couldnt go to your favourite band's concert because some stupid **** who bribed the local Ticketmaster manager got all the seats instead.

I hope someone beats your ass in the parking lot, you ****ing maggot

wow...

Tie-ins meaning PS3 launch games and accessories picked up with the console. Some might say its forced bundling, but it's just Gamestop putting their units precious few units where they'll get the most benefit to them.

keeblerdrow said:
I can confirm this absolutely. $100 down, one pre-order per household company-wide, and a reservation isn't absolute. When it comes time to ship the units, pre-order with the most tie-in pre-orders will take priority. Pre-orders start 10/10 at store opening.

What? So I need to buy a bunch of accessories and extra games if I want to get the PS3?

I suppose I could always return the stuff later on.

ORANGUTAN

Banned
what do you think you're going to accomplish by cussing me out?

do you think i care?

i'm one of tens of thousands who are going to be doing the same thing.

why blame us? blame Sony for launching with a ridiculous 400,000 units.

with that said, all of you people here should have an advantage over the rest... this being your hobby. if you can't get one around launch, it's your fault. if people like me can get 3 or 4, why can't you get 1? put some effort into it

Dorfdad

Gold Member
No preorders this week confirmed from Internal Memo from EB in Philadelphia this afternoon. On a side note EB/Gamestrop employess are allowed to buy 2 of the store pre-orders when the time comes probably next week. so if they are getting 16 make that 14

Also EB/Gamestop are getting the MOST allicated units so 16 per store is SAD expect Walmarts and the like to get like 10 each store...

Man this is hopeless..

i dont think youll be able to get 4-5 online preorders will sell out faster than you can get and you might get lucky enough to preorder one from eb/gamestop plus if you dont have about 36 hours to allocate to camping dont even bother

Dorfdad

Gold Member
ORANGUTAN said:
what do you think you're going to accomplish by cussing me out?

do you think i care?

i'm one of tens of thousands who are going to be doing the same thing.

why blame us? blame Sony for launching with a ridiculous 400,000 units.

with that said, all of you people here should have an advantage over the rest... this being your hobby. if you can't get one around launch, it's your fault. if people like me can get 3 or 4, why can't you get 1? put some effort into it

You havent gotten one yet!

but good luck with that..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Dorfdad said:
No preorders this week confirmed from Internal Memo from EB in Philadelphia this afternoon. On a side note EB/Gamestrop employess are allowed to buy 2 of the store pre-orders when the time comes probably next week. so if they are getting 16 make that 14

Also EB/Gamestop are getting the MOST allicated units so 16 per store is SAD expect Walmarts and the like to get like 10 each store...

Man this is hopeless..
I'm so confused as to what is really going on. :\

Top Bottom