• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

farisr

Nope. Not worth what they're asking. Like sure the hardware inside is worth that amount of money. But the upgrades that games get are not going to be due to the baseline being XB1/PS4. The bigger upgrade between 4k & HDR, is HDR to me, and I have an XB1S already.

MS' first party lineup has not been all that appealing to me for the past couple of years. The only game I've legit liked is Forza Horizon 3, and Quantum Break was decent too. Gears 4 and Halo 5 both disappointed me big time.

I could justify getting the Pro due to its price (along with being able to get a decent amount of money for my OG PS4) + really liking Sony's first party output and third party exclusives on the system. Not to mention I had VR as well which benefits quite a bit as well.

But yeah, having owned a Pro since launch, and seeing the kinds of upgrades being done to games in general, it is simply not not worth it if you're not into the exclusives. Which is exactly what I say when someone asks me whether they should get a Pro or not. If you are a console-only gamer, have a 4KTV and are really into Xbox exclusives, then it will most likely be worth it for you.

Maybe not Day One because I want to try and hold out to see if they maybe announce other colors.... but I'll probably be there day one regardless.

I want to make a similar thread for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite, because I'm not buying that.

You're on a discussion board for videogames and the hardware they run on.
That includes all lines of discussion including whether people are willing to buy or not and for what reasons.
Its not just for people who already buying hardware.

Ascenion

If it had Dolby Vision I would. But as it stands both it and the Pro are unworthy of my TV, but at least the Pro has exclusives worth the price of entry. The One X will too eventually but at the moment $500 is too much and it has power but not the right features.

Norse

I'm definitely getting the monster.

With the new 2017 Vizio M series and tclp607 both getting rave reviews, it's a no brainerd to get one of these sub $700 4k hdr 55" TV's and a 1X monster around black Friday. I bet the tcl will be a black Friday deal. Both together will cost less than last yrs ks8000.

Nameless

Nothing I've seen so far suggests the gap between the Pro and One X will be so profound that's it's worth dropping $500 or switching/splitting ecosystems. My PS4 digital library is too large and it feels like Sony & MS will just volley the power advantage back and forth for the foreseeable future anyway.

That just leaves the games and the disparity there is massive, in terms of quantity, quality, and my own personal tastes. MS did little to address the lack of compelling software at E3. Nintendo, on the other hand, managed to sell me on a Switch.

Ascenion

I'm definitely getting the monster.

With the new 2017 Vizio M series and tclp607 both getting rave reviews, it's a no brainerd to get one of these sub $700 4k hdr 55" TV's and a 1X monster around black Friday. I bet the tcl will be a black Friday deal. Both together will cost less than last yrs ks8000.

Honestly the TV is the one thing I wouldn't cheap out on. It will have utility far outside the scope of the One X unless you plan on dropping the cash for a higher end model later.

No gaming PC here and we know the X is going to be the best to play multiplats...so yes.
Exclusives? I'm sure they'll come. In the meantime there's plenty to play.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
no. These iterative machines have not convinced me of their reasons for existence

giphy.gif

Z O N E

Lol no, MS's exclusives situation has left me with no interest in the console whatsoever. Even it it was priced at $199, I think I shrug and keep walking.

Reading some of these and I just think it's a bunch of trolls. Not buying an Xbox One X even if it was $200? Yeah, okay...

I'm getting one since I already have a Pro. Plus I've always wanted to upgrade my OG Xbox One since I have one from the very first batch of them, so it's time.

bman94

Naw. Don't have a 4K TV and since I just bought a new 1080p TV last year I don't plan one getting on anytime soon. Also I'm satisfied with the current power of the Xbox One. Gears 4 and Horizon 3 looks gorgeous.

BlondeTuna

Nope. I'm content with my XB1, don't have a 4K display, and will either wait for the price to drop or for the next generation Xbox console.

Jimrpg

Reading some of these and I just think it's a bunch of trolls. Not buying an Xbox One X even if it was $200? Yeah, okay...

I'm getting one since I already have a Pro. Plus I've always wanted to upgrade my OG Xbox One since I have one from the very first batch of them, so it's time.

Why though? $200 is still a lot of money, I wouldn't get it just because it represented a saving of $300 unless I was going to flip it.

Getting another platform is also somewhat of a burden I found... it really depends how much time you have to spend on gaming. I don't think I could split my time adequately enough across a PS4/XboxOneX/PC (and switch if you have one).

Sjefen

Too steep for an mid-gen console with little interesting true exclusive games. If they had announced 2-3 must have new IP's at e3 I would be all over it after a price drop.

Humdinger

No.

• I don't like MS's exclusives or direction
  • I'm generally a one-console guy, and PS4 keeps my plate full
  • I don't own a 4K TV, happy with my 1080p
  • Not worth $500 for somewhat better performance on the few multiplatform titles I'd play

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Not a chance.

Not interested in Microsoft's games and ecosystem or a late-gen refresh. If I was really interested in Microsoft's games I'd see if they ran on my PC (which I don't really use to game and don't want to). They release zero exclusives now (and I mean Xbox exclusives), so I'm not missing anything other than Rare Replay from before that and backwards compatibility.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
No, they haven't. If I'm going to drop $500 dollars on an Xbox One X, I'd much rather just spend $500 more and get a gaming PC that would absolutely shame the X1X -- plus I wouldn't be missing out on any games since Microsoft brilliantly decided to release their games on PC as well.

Ok top of that, My PS4 Pro puts out some great visuals on my KS8000. And, at least right now, Sony is making Microsoft look like Fischer-Price in the exclusives department. Sea Of Thieves and Crackdown 3 look weak to me, and Halo and Gears simply haven't been exciting since switching studios. It's very simple really.

leehom

I'll wait for next gen. What's the point of releasing a super souped up upgraded console @ $499 when all the games will be held back by a system that's about half the power??

SenkiDala

No, it has been a huge disappointment for me.

I was waiting MS to have huge exclusive deals to announce, they had none, I never thought it could be as bad as that.

Buying a XOX to play the next Gears or the next Halo, Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2? No, it's not enough to motivate me.

I've been also hugely disappointed by all the "bullshit talks" of Spencer. I mean "the console for the TRUE NATIVE 4K" and then they announce that AC Origins is not native 4K, neither Anthem is, even shitty Ark game isn't... and so on and on... So it's basically a PS4 Pro bis, with 3 pixels added here and their, packaged with marketing bullshit.

I've already have a XO S and a PS4 Pro, it's enough, I'm out.

The price doesn't bother me, if PS4Pro is at £349 I don't mind the pay the extra 100 purely because of the UHD drive. Planning on upgrading to a OLED Tv so might as well.

Not bothered about first party games other than Forza at the moment, and play third parties mostly so yeah I'll get the XB1X.

They haven't given me a good reason to. Once they start churning out good, unique exclusive games then maybe (after a significant price drop). I already own an Xbone and rarely use it.

Broank

Up to a few weeks ago I was planning on getting one but I actually just bought an S today instead. lol

They had the Minecraft bundle on sale for $180 on Newegg/Ebay and I couldn't justify paying $500 and waiting 6 months when I'm really just getting it for a UHD BD player and backward compatibility which the S has those features already.

Hoping we will see Volta and Vega by then as well.

I was planning on grabbing one if it was $399. At this point, I only have a 1080p TV. It may sound odd, but 399 was the sweet spot for me. Just gonna wait for a price drop at this point.

Yup, it's perfect for transition into 4k for me. The feature set matches pretty much exactly the stuff I care about, especially with back compat and improved support for the platform overall. MSFT is really good at being the underdog -- it's when they become product leads that they rest on their laurels.

rokkerkory

Yep I don't care about console wars as it's stupid to miss out on great games period. 1X will have the best version of 3rd party games and my ks8000 is begging for it. PS4 will be for exclusives.

Game Pass and BC is icing on cake.

Kaji AF16

I am probably not getting an X, even if I am somewhat its target considering my investment in Xbox´s ecosystem (OS and controller of choice, 211k gamerscore, the vast majority of my gaming friends are on Live, extreme interest in Forza and Halo, among other factors).

I do not want to return to PC gaming and Playstation is out of question for several reasons, so my next gaming system will surely be Microsoft´s next console -if there is one-. But the jump from my launch, fat One to an X would requiere the purchase of a 4k TV in order to be justified... and that investment is somewhat brutal in my high-inflation, Third World country. I will wait for a few years.

Yep....Day 1!!

- No issues with the cost (@AU$649 I think it's well priced);
- I do have a 4K/HDR TV although I'd probably still jump in if I still had a 1080p panel;
- I only really play multi-plat games and rarely exclusives; &
- seems like a good time to upgrade my X1 Elite console.

I also have a PS4 Pro which I will likely only keep now due to having PSVR otherwise I'd likely sell my Pro and go all-in with Xbox, as I much prefer the options of EA Access, BC and Game Pass and the ease of Xbox Live being region free and game sharing being a hell-of-a-lot easier on the Xbox side of things.

I'm not into all this console war BS, I just prefer the direction MS are going in right now.

slade

Honestly, I'd rather get a Pro but I'm not too big on getting that either. If my PS4 keeps on till the end, then I'd rather opt for the next gen rather then one of these mid gen refreshes.

My wife won a Xbone, the GoW4 edition.

I.., am not completely "in". So, no XboneX for us.

BTW, is "Xbone" a proper way to abbreviate? or XBO? XB1?

Top Bottom