• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Console owners - Have you been convinced to buy an Xbox One X ?

No, it's doesn't have any games that I really want.

My most played games so far this year are Yakuza 0, Horizon and Wipeout. I'm currently playing a lot of Nex Machina. None of these games are available on Xbox.

atpbx

At this point in the day nobody is going to drop their PlayStation and switch to an XboxX

If you own an original Xbone you are better off getting an S as it's better value.

So who's it for?

Kuni

Nope. Don't see myself ever getting one sadly.

There's no games I'm interested in on the device and I'm very happy with my PS4 and 1080p TV.

Ravage

$500 just for a few extra pixels on games i can already play? The value proposition is lol-worthy even before considering the diminishing returns of resolution above 1080p.

I'm frankly amazed by MS inability to give me a single reason in 3+ years to invest in their platform.

I will be buying one as soon as I can afford, yes. It'll be nice to move to a better performing machine.

Hopefully I can get it day one.

gamz

Day 1.

The release and pre-order date can't get here fast enough.

Looking at what devs say about the beast I couldn't be more excited about this.

Fbh

No.
I just don't see the point in buying a console with no exclusives.

If I ever feel like I need more power than what my pro is giving me I'll just invest in a PC

gelf

As a PS4 and PC owner I'm more interested in just getting the base console cheaply to access the backwards compatibility especially now they're adding OG Xbox. The extra power of these half step systems doesn't motivate me.

Theorry

Yeah. I play all my games really on Xbox. Its a great upgrade and even my 1080p screen will benefit. Also with 100 dollar trade in or arround that.400 dollars is a nice price for the system.

At this point in the day nobody is going to drop their PlayStation and switch to an XboxX

If you own an original Xbone you are better off getting an S as it's better value.

So who's it for?

For the more hardcore people on Xbox. Who want the premium stuff. Like the Elite controller.
People said that one was for nobody also. And then it couldnt meet demand haha.

Tough choice. But while it will be a fantastic experience to see Forza 7 and other games in UHD a 4K screen that I don't own....All I can think of right now is the joy that playing Super Mario Odyssey will give me. Keep humming the music of the trailer all day long.

It's weird tbh. I bought every console since NES at launch day, but this is the first time I probably won't buy the console. The library doesn't do it for me atm.

I don't really need it as I have an Xbox One and PC, but I might get it when it reaches 300 for the UHD drive and the sleek form factor.

Pjsprojects

Im leaning more towards it but will wait for a price drop and be happy with the s for now.
I was fully intending on buying a Pro at some point but with the support its had im happy enough with my slim.

Zok310

Banned
Once it drops to $399 yes, but at $499 with its current announced exclusives it's a pass for right now.

Gowans

100%, xbox is where I play with my mates.

I have a triple titan x Pc but 95% of my playtime is on Xbox and I love that console.

I have a group of mates that all play on live regularly and we are already buying 4k teles for the x, three of us so far another 5 are waiting for a deal.

Can't wait!

Could upgrade my i7 PC with a 1080 gpu for the same price and play most of the same games as an XB1X. So no.

PS4, Switch, and PC seems to be the perfect combination.

EGM1966

Not yet. I have PC that already performs it so only exclusives - true exclusives - would draw me in and there just aren't enough of them. MS seem happy to provide games to me via PC so no need for their console.

GLAMr

No chance for me, but then I said the same thing to the PS4 Pro. If I had the time and money, I'd get a One S bundle and a $300 gpu.

Jimx26

Nope. Not enough 1st party exclusives and the ones they have don't appeal to me.

More than happy with my Switch and PS4.

IMO this will be MS last console.

Coxy100

Banned
No - I sold my Xbox one to find a switch. Very happy with my switch and PS4.

If halo ever returns to form maybe - but that's obviously a while off yet

Maximus P

Yep, I'm in day one. Will be a great compliment to my 4k TV and i will be able to carry on playing multiplatform games with my xbox buddies. I have a pretty great PC but only use it for single player games as most of my friends don't own PCs.

sw26

No because I'm at a point in my life where I can really only justify having one console, and having been in the PlayStation 'ecosystem' with PSN for 10+ years (not to mention owning Playstations right back to the original) that is where my money and time goes.

It's relevant to say though even if I was an Xbox owner my answer would be the same as it is in respect of the PS4 Pro currently - I have a new-ish (3 years old) 1080p TV and I don't really feel the need to upgrade it yet, and I don't think the marginal improvements at 1080 are enough to justify the purchase. I would take the same line with the X even with its further power bump.

That being said if I was to buy a 4K TV I'd certainly look to get a console which takes advantage of that extra resolution. Might just be a couple of years off yet.

JP

It doesn't really offer me anything, we've had a Sunset Overdrive Xbox One since they launched but there hasn't been a game played on it since just after Forza Horizon 3 launched. It's all packed up now and I will get around to selling it or giving it to someone at some point.

Because Microsoft got so much wrong this generation, all games but a couple of Xbox exclusives have been bought and downloaded from the PlayStation store and there is genuinely no value in considering changing that this generation. We're just too far into the generation to even entertain the idea now.

Also, that £449.99 would buy a hell of a lot of PS4 games that I'm really wanting to play.

EDIT:
Xbox is essentially a Forza Horizon box in my house now but I think even that has gone now due to the way they handle DLC in the game. The cost of buying Forza Horizon 3 with all content has really killed my love of the series, due to that I won't even look at Forza Horizon 4 when it's announced. That series would have been the only thing that would have encouraged me to consider handing money over for their next console.

Certinty

No. Completely happy with my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S.

Barely even use my Xbox One S bar the rare exclusive I actually care about. Even if I got an X that wouldn't change as I would still buy most multiplats on the PS4 given all my friends are there.

Even if it drops to maybe £300 within 12 months of launch I can't see myself getting one.

No. My Xbox One will be sufficient for the Halos and Gears to come. There is nothing else I am interested in that exclusive to Xbox.

Bought it with Scalebound in mind :(

Grinchy

Banned
Not yet. I care about 4K, but I don't give a shit about Forza and Crackdown 3 looks like shit. I just need to start seeing a lot of multiplatform games having superior X versions before I'd care more about the X, since MS has some pretty sparse and crappy exclusives.

Nope.

I like the power bump but don't see MS as the group to deliver upon its potential, and their e3 showing didn't change that outlook.

So at least not this year.

Also helps that I have no plans to get a 4K TV any time soon, so I'm looking at benefits at 1080p. My Pro is already delivering on that front.

Why would I pay $500 to play games I already own? Because there certainly isn't anything that's worth my time or money that's coming out for Xbox this year.

Microsoft have really missed the ball this gen, I'm not going to waste money on buying another one of their consoles for them to just cancel games.

antispin

I wouldn't mind if we had some clarity on how long this gen will last. I don't want to invest the asking price for a console that might be redundant in a couple of years. Mid cycle refreshes are a bad idea.

cuilan

Yes.

I'm definitely getting one eventually, but not at launch. $500 is a bit much for what it offers me at this point. Main reasons I want one are that there's a couple of MS franchises I really like, the performance boost for Xbone/360 games, the fact that I do all of my PC gaming on consoles, and that I love the controller. I expect to do all of my multiplatform gaming on X1X for the next few years. I also have no interest in getting a PS4 Pro since I'm satisfied with my regular PS4.

Bgamer90

Banned
I have a 4K TV and a large portion of my current gen library is on Xbox so yes. Most of my friends are on Xbox so the "just get a gaming PC!"-line doesn't really work as almost every AAA multiplat isn't crossplay.

But yeah, it will go well with my PS4 Pro which I use to play PlayStation exclusives in 4K.

Jumeira

Banned
Yes, doesn't come across half arsed like the pro, the whole way the messaging was handled about its power and capabilities has me extremely excited for the machine. The tools and changes MS have made for devs is another aspect that's encouraging, just feels that not only is the machine a beast but MS have gone out of thier way to ensure devs take advantage of it. It's smaller then the S! That's love.

Day one but I really want the OS to be snappier. I hope they focused on optimizing it for the XOX. It's really my only complaint left with MS's console.

TeaFan

Yep day one! Ive been a pc gamer for a long time and my pc is in need of a big upgrade which i can't afford. This sits about right for me and ill definitely purchase it. Got a 4k tv as well and a ps4 normal so it'll be good for me.

Playsage

No, I haven't been.

Their first party titles hardly appeal to me, and most of them are playable on a more interesting platform (PC).

If I have been sold on a console this E3, it's Nintendo Switch. I'm probably gonna jump in at the first price drop/first revision

I'm in day 1. You can kind of tell by all the previous threads who's in and who's out. Compared to the amount of time we spend with our consoles a $500 investment doesn't bother me seeing as I'll probably spend 4 years with it.

I've waivered about getting it on day one, but the answer has always been yes for me. My PS4 and Switch are primarily for exclusives and I play all my third party stuff on Xbox. I just prefer the controller, OS, online service, and have most of my friends on the platform.

I also don't own a gaming PC and don't ever intend to do there's that as well.

Top Bottom