• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

MGS looks slightly underwhelming. Certainly not a proper 'next gen' effort. :/

Onto NBA Live (Not my pics but a friend uploaded for me to share since I sold my PS4): They updated Lebron's face finally and added the mask. (An uncompressed upload option can't come soon enough...)

1800039_1479582832262075_384982953_o.jpg

1900342_1479568412263517_1900852557_o.jpg

1782389_1479567645596927_455327560_o.jpg

chadboban

Holy crap this game is a beauty, great work there. Also the stained glass shots are wonderful.

Also fantastic Thief shots xenogenesis.

And MGS may not look that impressive in still shots, but I watched a 60fps stream of it the other day and it really does look fantastic in motion.

cacildo

The stained glass is so pretty...
twwhd-glass09c5uaw.jpg

The colors, man. So beautiful

Why this looks prettier than any games i play nowdays - even the colorful ones.

- Everytime i play CastleStorm my girlfriend stops to watch it. She says its beautiful. I like the colors, but its no wind waker

cacildo

Titanfall dosent look bad. Its just dosent look that different from current gen games

And that is expected. Everybody knew next gen would be like this

And i think these graphics are great and we really dont need more than this.

Chettlar

Banned
Titanfall dosent look bad. Its just dosent look that different from current gen games

These shots, especially the second, me of Uncharted 2 graphics, slightly worse. The art style doesn't make it look near as good, of course, since UC 2 and 3 have some great art.

Except with much better image quality. But hey, you've got a ton more power so that's expected. UC really just needs better AA and it's perfect. Hoping Sony does an HD remake of all of them.

Not sure why UC2 specifically, though. Just does.

VanWinkle

They don't look like current gen at all. They look like an AVERAGE looking last gen game.

And, yeah, graphics don't NEED to look better, but we should always strive for better, especially in this game's case.

Melchiah

I know, right? I never got the hate for the art style.

Well, except on some of the maps. Some of them look really ugly. It seems more individual map/asset based than overall general bad art.

The second set from Timu doesn't look as good as the first due to aliasing. And they look kind of flat, I dunno if it's because of the lighting and textures.

Neiteio

From top to bottom: The gateway to sunken Hyrule (seen in first-person view from my boat); the top of Hyrule Castle, sealed in its bubble under the sea; and the bottom of the same castle.

twwhd-towernew06gok28.jpg

twwhd-hyrulenew07hyjve.jpg

twwhd-hyrulenew06t1kg8.jpg

Kuro

What are you talking about? It looks barely better than what I saw in MW2 on my PC.

Edit: And plenty of actual "next-gen" games look great like Killzone, Ryse, TR, etc.

This set is great, Timu. First Titanfall shots that I've thought looked good.

Yes, specially the one in the middle.

TitanFall is not a looker, but I bet that in motion it looks better. CoD Ghosts I think was the first CoD game to look good in stills.

Compared to other next current gen games it does look bad, but IMO it has enough for people to not care and focus on what is important, the gameplay.

I think that there is a lot of room for improving graphics but in my case, it has reached a point were it is not the most important aspect, gameplay is, but of course the best scenario is to have both.

Titanfall looks worse than that on my TV set due to the upscaling to 1080p. Aliasing is way worse than those shots put on and some of the textures are downright horrible.

Skelter

Banned
I've finally finished World Star and its been getting ever more challenging. All I wanted was a break from Tropical Freeze.

ibdrQxTGTkdWvz.jpg

iYPGgtbNxyQ1b.jpg

iyOLUvRtEjcF8.jpg

I can't get over the IQ of this game; I wish there was a PSN demo.

Uh.... there is.

Really? I saw one for the Lego Super Heroes game, but not one for the Movie game. Are you sure?

There's only a demo of Lego Marvel Super Heroes in the EU store.

Oh, you're right, sorry!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/12/new-playstation-store-dark-souls-ii-walking-dead/

New PlayStation Network content
Content list is subject to change – please stay tuned to your weekly Store Update for the most up to date listings. Listed savings are approximate, based on SRP excluding Special Offer pricing and should be considered as a guide only.

PS4 demos
Lego Movie Demo
PEGI: 7

Demo up as of yeserday. Go play it, it's an amazing game, was recently just £21.50 on Amazon too.

VanWinkle

New DLC released today. Most game-like one. Kinda Temple Run-eque. Great motion controls, and obviously pretty fantastic visuals for the look they're going for.

1655610_10153904221095626_1895441630_o.jpg

1781831_10153904222210626_801238396_o.jpg

10012783_10153904225460626_1669461378_o.jpg

chadboban

Oh my, I'm really liking those Playroom shots. Would love to see it in motion. You wouldn't happen to know where i can find a video of that DLC Van?

Also awesome Titanfall shots Timu!

VanWinkle

Oh my, I'm really liking those Playroom shots. Would love to see it in motion. You wouldn't happen to know where i can find a video of that DLC Van?

Also awesome Titanfall shots Timu!

Doubt there's any up yet since it just came out today but not sure. Looks great at 60fps, though. Very nice looking, and surprisingly pretty fun!

Top Bottom