• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Ricky 7

inFamous: Second Son

originalcbjuv.jpg

original2kok9q.jpg

original34cjvc.jpg

Note: These aren't mine. They're taken by someone that got the game early (no spoilers)

http://community.us.playstation.com...-Son-My-review-and-new-pictures/td-p/43139798

Doesn't look downgraded to me, very nice. Especially the first pic.

Caayn

I have a feeling Infamous SS's good looks will be good for up to 20 metres. Everything in the distance is going to look bad.
Same here. Looking at the second shot makes it seems like the draw distance is still as low as it was since the reveal :( Hoping that it's a bug/glitch and not in the final game.

Same here. Looking at the second shot makes it seems like the draw distance is still as low as it was since the reveal :( Hoping that it's a bug/glitch and not in the final game.

To be honest I can't really tell with the draw distance yet because that are is intentionally foggy, but I haven't noticed any pop in or anything like that

Gurish

Infamous looks awesome :O

I don't see any downgrade as well.

And what are you talking about with things in the distance that doesn't look good? i don't see any problem with those pics, everything looks very sharp.

I think it will be one of the most impressive games there is when it releases on Friday.

Melchiah

And what are you talking about with things in the distance that doesn't look good? i don't see any problem with those pics, everything looks very sharp.

Probably referring to the lack of anisotropic filtering in some PS4 games; Thief, Strider and Dead Nation.

i-Lo

Do people remember how nice inFAMOUS looked when it was released. Many of us overlooked the terrible aliasing in the screens because it looked better in motion. And do people remember just what a gorgeous game inF2 looked, especially, in comparison to its predecessor?

All the recent talks of ICE team coming up with solutions that improve efficiency of the hardware (and these improvements will keep on coming) means that their next game would do more (visuals and underlying infrastructure).

One thing that could definitely see an upgrade are foliage (incl. trees) that sway in the wind and shock during attacks adding to the "organic" factor of atmosphere.

-griffy-

Banned
What's crazy is that Second Son will probably look "ugly" by the time this gen ends, which is crazy. I mean, I was blown away by Uncharted when it first came out, but next to U2/U3/Last of Us it looks pretty dang primitive in comparison. Now imagine what the games will look like that make Second Son look primitive.

Melchiah

Do people remember how nice inFAMOUS looked when it was released. Many of us overlooked the terrible aliasing in the screens because it looked better in motion. And do people remember just what a gorgeous game inF2 looked, especially, in comparison to its predecessor?

All the recent talks of ICE team coming up with solutions that improve efficiency of the hardware (and these improvements will keep on coming) means that their next game would do more (visuals and underlying infrastructure).

One thing that could definitely see an upgrade are foliage (incl. trees) that sway in the wind and shock during attacks adding to the "organic" factor of atmosphere.

To tell the truth, I think the first one didn't look anything special. I haven't ever played the sequel, eventhough it was on PS+, and I somehow bought Festival of Blood, but have never even started it. =/ The premise (and the protagonist) of the game just doesn't interest me at all, but I'll be keeping an eye on the reviews nonetheless, especially as there's been some talks about the story being much improved, and I'm also interested in the game for its technical merits. The next one will surely look even better, as usual.

Gurish

What's crazy is that Second Son will probably look "ugly" by the time this gen ends, which is crazy. I mean, I was blown away by Uncharted when it first came out, but next to U2/U3/Last of Us it looks pretty dang primitive in comparison. Now imagine what the games will look like that make Second Son look primitive.

Yea U1 looks pretty bad today but i wonder if we will see the same jump from U1 to 2 with this generation as well.

Don't forget that the hardware is much more straightforward and easy to take advantage.

I think they are getting much more from it already compared to what Devs managed to do in this period of time with PS3 so the jump might not be as drastic.

I hope you are right but i have a feeling it wont get THAT much better as previous gens.

Caayn

I'm not denying how good infamous looks, all I'm saying is that I'm disappointed that the draw distance still seems to be relative low. But that's something for the digital foundry, or similar, thread. Apologies for going off-topic.

If you really want to know what I mean read this, but you can't unsee it.
When you're standing on a building the streets below and everything connected to it are very low res and low poly models. You can see this in the second shot posted by SolidSnakex. And in the E3 gameplay trailer after the player goes through a ventilation pipe to the roof of the big white building.

Gurish

I'm not denying how good infamous looks, all I'm saying is that I'm disappointed that the draw distance still seems to be relative low. But that's something for the digital foundry, or similar, thread. Apologies for going off-topic.

When you're standing on a building the streets below and everything connected to it are very low res and low poly models. You can see this in the second shot posted by SolidSnakex. And in the E3 gameplay trailer after the player goes through a ventilation pipe to the roof of the big white building.
I don't know, I've seen the IGN stream when he played at night-time and he was on top of the roof and you could almost see the entire city, it looked gorgeous.

Anyway i thinks it looks very impressive, easily best looking open world game as for now.

spoonman

Banned

That's just bad compression artifacts. The slight blurring is a standard depth of field effect for houses that are supposed to be miles away. If they looked crystal clear it would be inaccurate and funny looking.

A friend of mine got his Infamous copy today, I spent the last few hours at his place.
I'd argue that Infamous is the best looking game on next gen consoles and the best looking open world game on any plattform(including mods on PC).

What makes me even more happy is that game isn't only visually amazing.

We'll see a lot of Infamous pics in here come friday.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
1655456_10203498791089558_1214241031_o.jpg

Oh mah gawd

That is a fantastic screenshot, and is now the new wallpaper on my Surface Pro (also, the Surface Pro has a fucking gorgeous screen, so these screenshot threads are amazing. The games look so frigging amazing on this screen).

Also, Jea Song, the thread rules are 3 screenshots per post. Sorry.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Watch the rain vid doc. They have low fog rolling up from the water sometimes. You can see them adjusting the elevation of it in real time in the video. It's not a cheat at all. Purely for realism's sake and you can climb above it.

Vinc

Man this game is gorgeous. Best looking current gen game to date for me. I was genuinely blown away when I first started playing it, the compressed youtube videos really don't do it justice. I was one of those people who thought it looked like an upresed version of DKCR at first. Thanks for the screenshots!

Top Bottom