• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

melchior_

Remember folks, 3 pics per post, no double posting.

The Last of Us Remastered
i00pmflRjNXFt.png

Skylanders Swap Force
i2bGQgOGvRN7f.jpg

Lego Marvel Super Heroes
iMc8xLmhTGgMj.jpg

garyBig

With this and Ryse and The Order, we're finally approaching the CG aesthetic in games. I think it's preposterous to claim then that there's no revolutionary leap in rendering tech between this gen and the last. This is definitely something that wasn't possible before (honorable mention goes to God of War III which probably came the closest). I also think the very fact that exactly these types of games are the ones with resolution/framerate (Ryse, Order) or IQ compromises (P.T.) is testament to their novelty. PS1 pushed polygons, but rather crudely. PS3 pushed shaders, but also rather meekly (generation of bad framerates compared to PS2) and now we see the first forays into the next step of graphical innovation. I'm thrilled.

The Last of Us Remastered's character models are unbelievable. This new Silent Hill teaser looks photorealistic, too.

We are spoiled with graphics these days.

garyBig

I was thinking that the other day too, it was amazing a year ago but now... I'm just not impressed. Its still fun though.

So true. It was still outstanding 12 months ago. Now it's 2.5x the resolution and more than twice the framerate and it's...pretty to look at, I guess. But hey, the arrival of new gen is worth it.

Top Bottom