• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011mfk8.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ookbe.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011vuy3.jpg

Vire

Kojima must have been trolling when he said they intentionally downgraded the graphics for PT.

It looks miles ahead of Metal Gear and most next gen games. Really the only problem I have with it is the shimmering.

Nuke Soda

Kojima must have been trolling when he said they intentionally downgraded the graphics for PT.

It looks miles ahead of Metal Gear and most next gen games. Really the only problem I have with it is the shimmering.
It looks better than most of my PS4 library.

Cubed

Are some of you trolling with the "TLOU hasn't aged well" comments?

If not, you're either insane or playing some games I NEED to see if they make TLOU look really dated.

I agree with the Last of Us comments,

Other than Joel's character model, I'm not really feeling it. The artstyle is still strong, but I just don't think the environments hold up nearly as well as the character models.

No PT, flipping heck, that looks amazing.

valkyre

Dont agree at all with the LOU comments. The attention to detail is second to none. No room is the same, even every office desk is unique. Granted a lot of people will consider this "art" , but to me it is part of what makes this game beautiful, detailed and such. It was "next gen" when it came to PS3 already according to my taste.

Cant wait to see U4

Dont agree at all with the LOU comments. The attention to detail is second to none. No room is the same, even every office desk is unique. Granted a lot of people will consider this "art" , but to me it is part of what makes this game beautiful, detailed and such. It was "next gen" when it came to PS3 already according to my taste.

Cant wait to see U4

I agree. I don't understand how anyone can say that the game hasn't aged well. A quick look in the official photomode thread shows that it has. Sure, there are a few last-gen textures here and there...but I'd say, overall, it could pass for a PS4 game. Easily.

14769908746_b2ef801177_o.jpg

14606197170_769d8f3337_o.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I agree. I don't understand how anyone can say that the game hasn't aged well. A quick look in the official photomode thread shows that it has. Sure, there are a few last-gen textures here and there...but I'd say, overall, it could pass for a PS4 game. Easily.
Yup. I don't get it either, it looks as good, and even better than some PS4 games.

Pjsprojects

Played through it on PC but was curious to see how it looked on PS4 and rented it from GameFly. Looks nice to my eyes, just needs better AA:

14736156278_a3cb712dda_o.jpg

14899792716_1e18924f17_o.jpg

14922434482_4e56507fbd_o.jpg

Excellent.

Looks good! I posted some shots in ultra for the pc screen shot thread but everyone seemed to think the games ugly,don't get that at all.

Timu

Looks good! I posted some shots in ultra for the pc screen shot thread but everyone seemed to think the games ugly,don't get that at all.
I find it to be inconsistent graphically from what I seen, it looks good but bad at times with low res textures, and I don't like the film grain, but overall it's a decent looking game.

JP

Are some of you trolling with the "TLOU hasn't aged well" comments?
It was an amazing looking game on the PS3, on the PS4 it's still very much a PS3 game. It's not ugly but the improvements in the PS4 version really make the limitations of this PS3 game stand out. It's difficult to complain about it though but people do need to remember that it isn't actually a remake of the game.

Tnecniv

Neo Member
Few more shots (some depth of field) before I return it to Gamefly:

14747361338_d81c19f7af_o.jpg

14930885991_5448a8d296_o.jpg

I find it to be inconsistent graphically from what I seen, it looks good but bad at times with low res textures, and I don't like the film grain, but overall it's a decent looking game.
Agreed, the low res textures can bring it down at times but I think the overall art direction looks nice.
Thanks. If interested in checking them out, I put together an album of some of the better shots I managed to capture during my PC playthrough: https://www.flickr.com/photos/116461475@N06/sets/72157646521481585/

inFAMOUS: Second Son
14764567469_8624222bb4_o.jpg

This game is beautiful.

Fucking wow. I've plat'd this game and it still amazes me when I see screenshots of it.

-------------------

I saw someone above mention the HUD in Watch Dogs and it reminded me that WD has the worst mini-map placement I've ever seen in a game. Completely obtrusive.

Caayn

I saw someone above mention the HUD in Watch Dogs and it reminded me that WD has the worst mini-map placement I've ever seen in a game. Completely obtrusive.
Not only the mini-map everything is placed too far inwards towards the middle. It's like the game doesn't keep overscan/underscan in mind when drawing the hud. That said it didn't really bother me during my playthrough, but it's something that I want see fixed for WD2.

Top Bottom