• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

theWB27

ib1QggHhL8HTL7.jpg

iC1M72OOt2bmZ.jpg

iRBT4WLWIsQNC.jpg

Pjsprojects

PS4 - Tomb raider de

ibuSSL0ggNnAYi.jpg

icWnWsa3A7GCQ.jpg

i9nuov0UAZfjh.jpg

A good game but I don't see what's better on this version than the pc version I already completed. Maybe I'm missing the point.

Nerix

Wolfenstein looks great, I should play it sometime.

Diablo 3 (PS4)
Look at the rainbow! ;)

Sorry, image quality is not that good, because they are hosted via Twitter (they reduce the file size appr. about 50%).

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
No...

got any proof?
Proof? Should I go back and take a screenshot of every cutscene with my capture card to show you the compression artifacts?

Even the game itself tells you when it's using a video to mask the loading if you press options during a cutscene. Most of them are pre-rendered. Same thing with Knack.

GavinUK86

wow, diablo 3 is looking pretty rough on console. doesn't look too shabby in motion but when you see a still shot it really hits home.

i love the look of counterspy. it's gorgeous.

The Last of Us: Remastered: Bloody Special Edition

Punching the shit out of some dude.
ylsCByS.jpg

Holy shit the detail on Joel is insane.
Using the 'Shorty' in point blank range.
XjShCoh.jpg

Joel trying to make out with one of the infected.
nKaaAHw.jpg

Ardenyal

I used to enjoy browsing through this thread but seeing a lot of shots focused on a man's wrinkles and a young woman's freckles has kinda ruined the experience. It's getting annoying already.

If you think this is bad just wait till Destiny launches. I don't mind it, people will always post about the current flavor of the month.

Edit: might aswell post some shots while im at it :D

Bu4zeV6IMAA_Bh2.jpg:orig

BtSF4wqIYAAK0h5.jpg:orig

BvncSu6IEAAnneE.jpg:orig

Really? What about it looks rough?

(I've never seen the PC version).

Low poly characters/enemies with slight aliasing/shimmering stick out, texture work is also not exactly crisp but that's more due to the comic art style I guess. Some bad shots also look a bit flat, but that's like with every game. (top-down perspective also isn't too impressive especially with the HUD and when people turn on the ugly health bars for a dozen enemies).
But honestly, I don't know how it looks on a high end PC either :D

Maybe it's also just a game that doesn't do well in screenshots, playing it looks amazing with dozens of enemies getting blasted away with gore etc.

also, wow, has photobucket gotten even worse? Those small screenshots of TLOU above are compressed to hell, looks worse than the PS3 version. I also saw that in the Diablo thread. Why do people use this site anyway.

Timu

Low poly characters/enemies with slight aliasing/shimmering stick out, texture work is also not exactly crisp but that's more due to the comic art style I guess. Some bad shots also look a bit flat, but that's like with every game. (top-down perspective also isn't too impressive especially with the HUD and when people turn on the ugly health bars for a dozen enemies).
But honestly, I don't know how it looks on a high end PC either :D

Maybe it's also just a game that doesn't do well in screenshots, playing it looks amazing with dozens of enemies getting blasted away with gore etc.

also, wow, has photobucket gotten even worse? Those small screenshots of TLOU above are compressed to hell, looks worse than the PS3 version. I also saw that in the Diablo thread. Why do people use this site anyway.
Compression from PS4 share(which I never use) and a hosting site that also compresses can have an affect on screenshots, though it's crazy that photobucket could be compressing as well.o_O

Tnecniv

Neo Member
14980783176_93abf38ddd_o.jpg

15000677861_19cc11232b_o.jpg

The game does look better with a lot of particle effects on screen when fighting large groups of elite mobs, just kinda tough to capture a good screenshot while in the middle of the action. Will try though.

Here's a quick screenshot of D3 on PC maxed out (apologies for chat box) with my demon hunter: https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3925/14798594529_8aeafc5503_o.png

Am using SparseGrid AA - the image looks slightly blurred with it but looks fine while in motion, the camera on PC is a bit more zoomed out, as well. Other than that, I think it looks like a close match to X1/PS4 versions.

VanWinkle

This game is so graphically impressive, especially in motion. Frostbite 3 did great work here. The only problem I've encountered is aliasing, which is fairly bad at times. Still, it looks fantastic. I wish these compressed screenshots did it justice.

1978409_10154500532005626_5169694543762866986_o.jpg

10507005_10154500537340626_3101163629407516169_o.jpg

10630648_10154500531330626_2544121968263225180_o.jpg

Tnecniv

Neo Member
This is probably stupid, but how do y'all get these pics on PS4 and from there onto GAF?
Feel free to ask. Some use capture cards, but I think most of us just use the built in share function. You can upload your images to Facebook (not recommended, it adds an extra layer of compression to the already compressed ps4 jpg file). It works better if you have a usb flash drive (am using a cheap sandisk), copy your images from your ps4 to the usb and from there, upload to a good hosting site (like flickr, abload, etc..). Seems like a lot of work but once you get past that initial hurdle, it's pretty easy.

Top Bottom