• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

le-seb

I mean sure all pics get compressed, but why is it so pronounced in ACU?
Digital Foundry:
Assassin's Creed Unity runs in 900p across both consoles, sacrificing the raw clarity and additional sharpness of a native 1080p presentation for massively increased detail levels and vastly superior effects work. Anti-aliasing seems to be covered by a variant of FXAA, instead of the custom SMAA solution seen in Black Flag. As a result, the combination of the upscaled framebuffer and the anti-aliasing algorithm adds a considerable amount of blur to the image for a 900p game.
Emphasis is mine.

eso76

The screenshots I took are all from a capture card.

take moar please :\
game can look so beautiful in some of the screenshots, but something about it's IQ IN CONJUNCTION with the share feature produces ugly results.

Your screens are beautiful though, i am still convinced that a softer IQ is much better than an overly sharp picture with stuff falling apart as you move and pixels crawling everywhere.

eso76

Yes, the PS4 share exports are poor quality too.
#weneedpng

yes, but while it's still decent looking for most games, something with ACU IQ really doesn't get along with share function.

But yeah, we need higher quality captures with compression happening only when needed to upload to fb or wherever.

amarectv2014-11-1711-y9sya.png

amarectv2014-11-1711-wrsq2.png

amarectv2014-11-1711-hls98.png

Just got TLOU Remastered for the first time so have had my first go with the photo mode. Amazing work by Naughty Dog. Game looks beautiful now.

inlwMbxlQqOmS.jpg

ippdWHKH0lwWU.jpg

ibzFRy9RF5IP9k.jpg

eso76

Oh, wait, are you suggesting that the tech behind GTA5 isn't impressive?

I believe current gen can do MUCH more, GTAV is still an updated last gen game after all.
It does look great to me though. I mean, i'm still much more impressed with GTAV's world than Infamous SS's.

valkyre

Why is there such an excessive amount of DOF in this shot?

Thats how real cameras work when they focus on close objects, in this case, the gun.

I dont know if this happens in gameplay but if it does it problably is only for a second or so.

Perhaps it is using other means, such in game photo mode?

Whichever the case it is realistic how this looks.

I believe current gen can do MUCH more, GTAV is still an updated last gen game after all.
It does look great to me though. I mean, i'm still much more impressed with GTAV's world than Infamous SS's.

Visually, probably, but with all the detail in GTA games this isn't a question of the tech inside anymore but of the budget; manpower and focus/direction. But it was like that on the last gen consoles already.
There will be better looking open world games than GTAV for sure on these consoles, but the games that will retain the detail and complexity of a GTA game will only come from Rockstar as this is their priority.

eso76

Visually, probably, but with all the detail in GTA games this isn't a question of the tech inside anymore but of the budget; manpower and focus/direction.

Totally agree about that.

And i believe only R* has the resources (and, above all, the confidence their game will be profitable) to live up to the bar they themselves set.

I can't wait to see what GTAVI looks like, I'm not expecting a GTA: SA -> GTAV leap, but something between that and GTAIV -> GTAV probably, which would still be huge.

Top Bottom