• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

Didn't play, only from all those screenshots.

And the screens above me kind of prove my point, they seem like 2 games on the same system, if you wanna be generous you can say 3D World is the Uncharted 2 and Galaxy is 1,But still, same generation for my eyes.

Yeah, those galaxy screenshots definitely make 3D World look like it could be on the same system
G4Z51ds.jpg
FChFo5A.jpg

D84h4PY.jpg

Reallink

AC4 on PS4 (via Facebook)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/894822_10201611473422117_1353440567_o.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/1398896_10201611474622147_77767147_o.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1402798_10201611471942080_1466220808_o.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

More like Compression Creed IV: JPEG Flag.

Nice to see many PS4 games still have that hi-poly look PS2 and PS3 games had. In comparison to the hi-texture look PC games have. It gives the games some more character.

cakefoo

Nice to see many PS4 games still have that hi-poly look PS2 and PS3 games had. In comparison to the hi-texture look PC games have. It gives the games some more character.
Say what? PS2's limited polycount is pretty noticeable.

I do agree though about the high-texture look though. Lighting and geometry and world detail are my most appreciated improvements looking at Killzone SF. Third party games like Assassin's Creed and Need for Speed on the other hand look like higher-res versions of the Wii U sku.

VanWinkle

ibsG3Wp2djE85S.jpg

In Tearaway, almost every single object and character has both dynamic shadowing and self-shadowing. It's native res and must have a good amount of AA, because it's one of the cleanest looking games I've ever seen.

Screenshots look nice, but the game really needs to be seen (and heard) in motion to truly appreciate it. Everything animated beautifully, like a stop-motion film, and the construction paper throughout the world is crafted completely believably and wonderfully.

I know Vita is not really a CONSOLE, but I think this game can hang with the big boys, and has way more charm and wonder than most games from any of these consoles.

Everything in this thread is sexy.

One thing I'm loving about this era.

No matter where you game (even to a degree freaking phones!) you're going to be looking at visuals that a decade ago would have been purely in the realm of CG movies.

Can always get better, but rocks look like rocks, trees look like trees, people look like CG people. Whereas even ten years ago you'd be hard pressed to find a game that could do one of these within a reasonable approximation.

After playing my PS4 for a week and the Xbone over the weekend, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the WiiU can hang with the big boys when it comes to it's first party games. Super Mario 3D World, Zelda, Pikmin, and many others look as good as anything I've played on the new systems.

It's going to be a great generation :)

I'm not sure I understand this post. Are you referring to how something like MGS 2 compared to Half-Life circa 2000? I don't think that jump in polycount was noticeable for the PS3 (because it released a year after 360), unless you are comparing it to 2005 or older PC games (e.g DOOM 3) which wouldn't be fair. Heavenly sword only came out two moths before Crysis.

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/163.gif[IMG]

Looks great. I want to see more of this from this gen, not so much graphics but the kind of stuff that makes environment feel more alive.[/QUOTE]

In an era where almost anything you want to visually represent can be achieved within a reasonable approximation, subtler cues like environmental animation, character animation will be of higher importance.

ibsG3Wp2djE85S.jpg

In Tearaway, almost every single object and character has both dynamic shadowing and self-shadowing. It's native res and must have a good amount of AA, because it's one of the cleanest looking games I've ever seen.

Screenshots look nice, but the game really needs to be seen (and heard) in motion to truly appreciate it. Everything animated beautifully, like a stop-motion film, and the construction paper throughout the world is crafted completely believably and wonderfully.

I know Vita is not really a CONSOLE, but I think this game can hang with the big boys, and has way more charm and wonder than most games from any of these consoles.

Let's follow the rules before this gets out of hand.

I want to see more of this from this gen, not so much graphics but the kind of stuff that makes environment feel more alive.

Very much agree. It's also what I like about Killzone more than the aesthetics. There are very few (if any) single screenshots that make me feel: "wow, that looks pretty" (a handful, that show off the cityscape). But when you see it in motion, with all the lighting, shadows, smoke, etc., altogether it really is something else to behold (I watched the DF performance analysis of the single player campaign to the end - can't wait to try it for myself this Friday).

Also completely agree about Tearaway, and it shows that when style and tech go hand-in-hand, you don't need insane hardware to make a great impression - just really great art-direction.

OryoN

Is that dirt streaking from where rain water has run down the bodywork? That's amazing detail.

It's more of a condensation effect, which is pretty neat. Also, I'm kinda surprised that the Wii U version of NFS has equal or better road textures, in many areas. Dem PC textures! Criterion...

Let me.

ivIB8Seyf9JUD.png

Though, while beautiful, everything in 3D World feels more...round. Galaxy on Dolphin is beautiful, though we can clearly see some polygonal edges.

Man, just looking at these shots...we really need an HD remaster of these two.

That's one of my screenshots :D

Yea the game looks amazing on Dolphin! Can't wait for another 'proper' 3d Mario game :)

I'm not sure I understand this post. Are you referring to how something like MGS 2 compared to Half-Life circa 2000? I don't think that jump in polycount was noticeable for the PS3 (because it released a year after 360), unless you are comparing it to 2005 or older PC games (e.g DOOM 3) which wouldn't be fair. Heavenly sword only came out two moths before Crysis.

I don't mean the actual polycounts, just the look. Of course PC games can push tons more polygons if they want to. Hell, I'm not even sure what I meant, other than I used to like the MGS2/ZOE2 look on PS2, and now I'm seeing something similar in Knack and Killzone. With better textures and resolution obviously.

AC IV Wii U again!

Finally managed to grab an image right when lighting hit:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cpsh5.jpg

Right afther the thunderstorm:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nss1j.jpg

2 Minutes later:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012okae.jpg

Neat detail! Ubisoft really did an amazing job with AC4. And its Wii U version!

After playing my PS4 for a week and the Xbone over the weekend, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the WiiU can hang with the big boys when it comes to it's first party games. Super Mario 3D World, Zelda, Pikmin, and many others look as good as anything I've played on the new systems.

It's going to be a great generation :)

I am just not seeing it. I mean I think Wii U games can look great no doubt, but on the visual side it is absolutely closer to PS3/X360 than PS4/Xbone.

Top Bottom