• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Consoles screenshots thread (PS4/Xbone/WiiU) [Up: Thread rules in OP]

AC IV Wii U again!

Finally managed to grab an image right when lighting hit:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cpsh5.jpg

Right afther the thunderstorm:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01nss1j.jpg

2 Minutes later:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_012okae.jpg

Neat detail! Ubisoft really did an amazing job with AC4. And its Wii U version!

AC4 on Wii U is really surprising me.
Shame about the ridiculous £56 price tag. I want to download it.

AC4 on Wii U is really surprising me.
Shame about the ridiculous £56 price tag. I want to download it.

Well i got it for full price :-/ But the port surprised me aswell. It really looks amazing. Holds up pretty well against PS4/One.

I kinda wanna see a water comparison between PS3/360 and Wii U though, cause i think Wii U is easily closer to PS4/One on this. (And several other areas)

Well i got it for full price :-/ But the port surprised me aswell. It really looks amazing. Holds up pretty well against PS4/One.

I kinda wanna see a water comparison between PS3/360 and Wii U though, cause i think Wii U is easily closer to PS4/One on this. (And several other areas)

Looking at the PS4 shots from the last page... No.

Wii U version is nowhere close, looks almost identical to the 360 version and nowhere near the PC version. I've not played the PS3/PS4/Xbone versions yet, but I've completed the Wii U version, played about two hours on 360 and have almost finished the game on PC.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/14/assassins-creed-4-graphics-comparison-ps4-ps3-xbox-360-wii-u

The beginning has the rain/boat/water comparison.

Looks like Wii U is same as 360, better than ps3 (lower res textures), PS4/X1 has the additional effects from PC.

ozfunghi

Wii U version is nowhere close, looks almost identical to the 360 version and nowhere near the PC version. I've not played the PS3/PS4/Xbone versions yet, but I've completed the Wii U version, played about two hours on 360 and have almost finished the game on PC.

You're reviewing the game for those platforms?

Dukey

Banned
You can't compare AC4 on PS4 and Wii U/360 using these screenshots. PS4 is much much nicer in action than the Wii U and 360 versions. Beautiful 1080p with AA and runs at a constant 30 fps.

Timu

Thanks for at least posting XB1 screens as well. :)
Well yeah, I'm trying my best, but both Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct have crushed blacks while Crimson Dragon doesn't, maybe that one is in 1080p? Either way I hope to have some more X1 games soon and get them all in better quality.

That glow that seems to be around every single object and character in Mario and Pikmin looks bad. This screen above is the worst example of it I've seen. What is it? Some kind of shader? Nintendo has to tone it down, it's becoming their next-gen trademark...look at that screen, the whole thing has the glow.

Madao

That glow that seems to be around every single object and character in Mario and Pikmin looks bad. This screen above is the worst example of it I've seen. What is it? Some kind of shader? Nintendo has to tone it down, it's becoming their next-gen trademark...look at that screen, the whole thing has the glow.

i reember that effect being in SMG1 and 2. it makes things look like they're made of plastic.

Shader? Nintendo straight up filmed that scene. The lava is so hot it just fogged up the lens!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Well yeah, I'm trying my best, but both Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct have crushed blacks while Crimson Dragon doesn't, maybe that one is in 1080p? Either way I hope to have some more X1 games soon and get them all in better quality.

Crimson Dragon is 1080p.

It's more of a condensation effect, which is pretty neat. Also, I'm kinda surprised that the Wii U version of NFS has equal or better road textures, in many areas. Dem PC textures! Criterion...

What about Criterion? They made both games. There was a mass exodus from Criterion and Ghost is the real Criterion now. They switched to Frostbite, though.

OryoN

Because the whole scene is emitting soft light? :/

Anyway, How is the framerate in AC4 Wii U? Does anyone know how it hold up to the other versions? Some are finding that the game looks a tad better than PS360 in various scenes, but I'm not hearing a lot about the framerate and didn't see any analysis from DF.

ozfunghi

Anyway, How is the framerate in AC4 Wii U? Does anyone know how it hold up to the other versions? Some are finding that the game looks a tad better than PS360 in various scenes, but I'm not hearing a lot about the framerate and didn't see any analysis from DF.

People in this thread claim the game runs much smoother than AC3, while looking considerably better. A couple never noticed frame drops, but i think someone mentioned some drops in the cities when things got really hectic, but still much better than AC3 (WiiU). This is just from memory, reading opinions in this topic.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

No, Nintendo also uses that effect when it makes no sense at all, and has since Galaxy 1. (You can see it in that Dolphin shot someone posted.)
I don't think it's even affected by scene lighting at all. It seems to be based on orientation of polys relative to the camera.

ozfunghi

No, Nintendo also uses that effect when it makes no sense at all, and has since Galaxy 1.
I don't think it's even affected by scene lighting at all. It seems to be based on edge detection.

It's intentional & functional. Not meant to be aesthetically pleasing i think. Much like the "dumb" shadows underneath your character in Mario games.

TAJ

It's intentional & functional. Not meant to be aesthetically pleasing i think. Much like the "dumb" shadows underneath your character in Mario games.

That's a good comparison.

nib95

Banned
Photomode shots shouldn't count for this thread imo. There's a separate thread for Photomode shots, but so far this thread has been bullshot free, and it'd be better if it stayed that way. Same going for when GT6 comes out soon. Instead of the console screenshot thread it should have a separate photo mode thread instead.

Also, the shot above pretty much exactly matches the character render screen GG released.

318561_wookmark.jpg

Ldgjne1.jpg

Pitmonkey

Game looks good, better than either the Xbox 360 or PS3. Run's smooth for the most part, minus some scenes that involve alot of NPC's.

As for the jump from AC3 on the Wii U.

i-Lo

How did I miss these? The detail is truly mind numbing. Perhaps I'll get used to in a year or so but this is insane.

Photomode shots shouldn't count for this thread imo. There's a separate thread for Photomode shots, but so far this thread has been bullshot free, and it'd be better if it stayed that way. Same going for when GT6 comes out soon. Instead of the console screenshot thread it should have a separate photo mode thread instead.

Unequivocally concur.

Is that dirt streaking from where rain water has run down the bodywork? That's amazing detail.

It's not really amazing detail since it's present 100% of the time. Similar to how the roads were always wet in Most Wanted even though it NEVER RAINED IN THAT GAME.

They obviously do these things because they think wet looks better than dry and they want you to always see the effects that go along with it.

Top Bottom