• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Contrast (PS4/PC) |OT| Vaudevillian Noir Dreamscapes

Amir0x

Banned

contrastheader2lpkw3.jpg

contrastheader3myjet.png

contrastheader48qj01.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
Virtually every image leads to some video or hands-on, so get familiar with the stuff if you're not already.

Free for PS+ obviously. I don't know the dates for the 360 and PS3 versions so this is just for the PS4 and PC versions.

Corto

Stunning OP Amir0x. Congrats. Being a PS Plus freebie will expose it to a big audience right from the get go. Hopefully the game is great too.

Am I the only for who pictures stored on abload.de do not display? Ami's first post is totally empty for me (I use Firefox, latest version). Works well in IE. Strange...

Anyway I'm looking forward to playing the game, looks really interesting. I'm quite a bit more hyped for this game than for Drive Club actually... Good call Sony.

Amir0x

Banned
Am I the only for who pictures stored on abload.de do not display? Ami's first post is totally empty for me (I use Firefox, latest version). Works well in IE. Strange...

I use Firefox and it works for me. I could put them up on minus if that'd work better for people...

I use Firefox and it works for me. I could put them up on minus if that'd work better for people...
No, no, don't do that. It's probably something messed up on my side. There's no reason why it shouldn't work. I'll work it out eventually.

Really didn't know anything about this (besides the fact that it's the ps+ game) until I watched a video yesterday. Came away very intrigued. Looking forward to playing it.

Tizoc

Didn't Brothers: Tale of two sons get more sales once TotalBiscuit or some other gaming site gave it praise?

Got it for under $12 via GMG.com, and am grabbing it once its released on PSN soon for PS3.

I can't access videos at work, but I assume the PS4 ver. is only free for Plussers right? Would PS3 members at least get a Plus discount?

Lime

Aren't you playing as a child character as well? Why isn't that visually represented in the OP?

Amir0x

Banned
Aren't you playing as a child character as well? Why isn't that character in the OP?

She is in the OP. Even mentions her by name. But, I don't personally like to spoil things related to the story, some topics give away everything... so I tried not to get into things too deep related to the characters and story. Give people something to discover.

Lime

She is in the OP. Even mentions her by name. But, I don't personally like to spoil things related to the story, some topics give away everything... so I tried not to get into things too deep related to the characters and story. Give people something to discover.

Meant in terms of visual representation.

Amir0x

Banned
Meant in terms of visual representation.

Well she is sort of there in one photo, but you're right I don't know how I managed to post all those images without a better representation of her.

On the upside, if you click on the image gallery, there's plenty of images of her :p

I played this yesterday at a demo PS4 unit and even though there was no sounds there was a beautiful sense of atmosphere. There was a only a couple of instance of the 2d Shadow gameplay. I would have bought this so the PS+ freeness is a nice bonus

Really not digging the art style on this at all. Looks like some of those terrible French games that came out in the early 00s.

That said, the gameplay idea sounds interesting. And it'll be part of the PS+ sub (in Europe too?), so I'll be giving this a good going over along with Resogun.
is this game free on ps+?
Yes, and you get free online multiplayer with PS+ too.

Really not digging the art style on this at all. Looks like some of those terrible French games that came out in the early 00s.

That said, the gameplay idea sounds interesting. And it'll be part of the PS+ sub (in Europe too?), so I'll be giving this a good going over along with Resogun.

Yes, and you get free online multiplayer with PS+ too.

Amazing deal!

Tizoc

@barrymatharoo- Oh mind elaborating on the Vita release? Is it YOPO, will there be a bundle, etc.?

Amir0x

Banned
It is also coming out on vita too.

Is it!? On the Contrast website it doesn't say that... man these guys need to do a better job of getting this sort of information out there:

But it’s no ordinary show! Through the marvels of modern technology, Contrast is coming to a Steam, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4 platform near you, louder than radio, faster than telegraph and more risqué than Lady Chatterley’s Lover! No more waiting in line for popcorn, no more pushy crowds, no more scalpers, this is the real deal!

+ Vita is breaking news then?

Amir0x

Banned
Looks interesting.

Does it focus on platforming or are there also puzzles?

From what I've seen, it's almost like they're combined. You platform, but the central mechanic of shadows and light seems to be integral to most parts of the game... you have to manipulate light sources so that the shadows change shape and size, and then you can continue to navigate.

nampad

A trailer showed the Vita at the end but if I remember correctly it was supposedly a mistake because it got changed to PS4 afterwards. Sadly, no one official ever said anything about it. It was a big fuck up and no transparancy was offered, I am still pissed.

DoctorZ

I really hope this ends up better than the PS4 demo I played at the Sony Store. Didn't know much about it going in, but I didn't like what I played. Glad its free on PS+ so I can give it another chance.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I only pre-purchased this on Steam because of the free bump up to the CE (I didn't want to pass and discover that it won't be offered post-release), but it actually seems rather interesting.

Tizoc

I only pre-purchased this on Steam because of the free bump up to the CE (I didn't want to pass and discover that it won't be offered post-release), but it actually seems rather interesting.

Do you still get that bonus if you purchased from GMG?

Blizzard

Banned
I may just be overlooking a link through an image for the information, but I did not find the PC release date in the OP. According to Steam, it's November 15th.

The art style looks like a crazy mix of Night Circus and Mirrormask. Super attention-grabbing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you still get that bonus if you purchased from GMG?

I don't think so. The game's base price on GMG is $14.99 (whereas on Steam it's $19.99 marked down to $14.99) and there's no mention of CE bonuses in the description.

Bradach

I'm getting a hint of Tim Burton with a sprinkle of Triplets of Belleville

This will be a refreshing change from the rest of my PS4 launch day!

Seems really silly that the Xbox One isn't getting the game given there's a 360 version. Oh well, ended up pre-ordering the PC version on sale a while back and I'm now also getting the PS4 version through plus it seems. Looking forward to it!

Top Bottom