• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Control will feature music by Poets of the Fall

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Today Sam Lake announced that Remedy Entertainment's upcoming title, Control, will be featuring music from their long-time collaborators Poets of the Fall. The band has previously made music for Max Payne 2, Death Rally, and Alan Wake + Alan Wake's American Nightmare, where they also appear as the in-game band Old Gods of Asgard. Their song The Labyrinth is also a variation of a track originally written for Quantum Break.
In addition to new music, My Dark Disquiet from POTF's latest album will be making an appearance.

Isn't this exciting? Guys, this is exciting, right? Everyone else really wanted this too... right? Well, I'm excited :)

Poets of the Fall are back in Control. After working together on Max Payne 2 and Alan Wake, we are working together again on our upcoming title, Control, which features the Poets’ song My Dark Disquiet from the album Ultraviolet (2018), and something very, very special…

edit 8/27/2019
Take Control by "Old Gods of Asgard," aka Poets of the Fall

2nd edit 8/27/2019
An interactive version of Take Control will be played in-game.

Last edited:

nowhat

I guess the real news here is that Poets of the Fall still exists on some level.

(admittedly I really haven't kept up with the Finnish pop scene in years, but I think I'd have at least seen their name somewhere in the past decade or so if they were in any way relevant)

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I guess the real news here is that Poets of the Fall still exists on some level.

(admittedly I really haven't kept up with the Finnish pop scene in years, but I think I'd have at least seen their name somewhere in the past decade or so if they were in any way relevant)
they were never an international sensation, but they're still going strong. Still got world tours and Finnish-chart-topping albums :)

nowhat

they were never an international sensation, but they're still going strong. Still got world tours and Finnish-chart-topping albums :)
As stated it's in part a matter of me not keeping up with the Finnish charts (am a Finn myself) - just that the name at least seemed to appear every now and then in newspapers or fliers. I guess they aren't completely dead.

Fbh

Cool.

I like their 2 songs from Alan Wake:

Looking forward to what they do for this one. (though with how weird that world seems to be I would have imagined something more like some weird progressive metal song or something)

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
Lol, I felt bad that you didn't get any traction. Free bump, under the guise of me being a twat, as usual.
lmao ty ty <3

Nice, they're a great band.
And let's not forget their best song, featured on 3DMark 2005 :

I fuckin love Lift ty ty <3

As stated it's in part a matter of me not keeping up with the Finnish charts (am a Finn myself) - just that the name at least seemed to appear every now and then in newspapers or fliers. I guess they aren't completely dead.
give 'em another listen if they're your genre, maybe you'll like them as much as I do

Cool.

I like their 2 songs from Alan Wake:

Looking forward to what they do for this one. (though with how weird that world seems to be I would have imagined something more like some weird progressive metal song or something)

War made me totally fall for this band, glad you like it too ty ty

HotPocket69

Banned
NICE

Love POTF. Got into them after hearing Late Goodbye on MP2

Their first couple albums are pretty solid, then it got a little inconsistent with too much slow shit and not enough rockers. I got hype though. Good to see them back with Remedy.

Last edited:

Thabass

FUCK YES.

To me, this is a STAPLE of Remedy Games and I think it's one of the main reasons Quantum Break didn't resonate with me as much as their other titles. I'm a big Poets of the Fall fan because of Remedy. This is the best news.

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
POTF says Take Control's in-game presentation offers an "interactive version." Something to do with the gameplay must alter the music I guess.

A bit off topic but James McCaffrey(the voice of Max Payne) is also in this game.

I think he is playing some minor character.

With him and Poets of the Fall coming back it kinda gives me a huge nostalgia boner.

That guy that voiced Alan Wake is in Control too,but I hate Alan Wake so I don't really give a shit.

Last edited:

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
FUCK YES.

To me, this is a STAPLE of Remedy Games and I think it's one of the main reasons Quantum Break didn't resonate with me as much as their other titles. I'm a big Poets of the Fall fan because of Remedy. This is the best news.
Sam Lake explained that this song from Clearview was meant for Quantum Break, but did say "Silver lining: the version of The Labyrinth on Clearview is even better than the version we’d have used in Quantum Break." Definitely would've liked to hear it in-game anyway. I just expect to hear some new Poets in any Remedy title now :p

Thabass

Sam Lake explained that this song from Clearview was meant for Quantum Break, but did say "Silver lining: the version of The Labyrinth on Clearview is even better than the version we’d have used in Quantum Break." Definitely would've liked to hear it in-game anyway. I just expect to hear some new Poets in any Remedy title now :p

Ah so they tried at least. So, it's good to see they were going to keep the tradition alive.

Top Bottom