• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fady K said:
It's just that they have been fun to watch, even for a non-fan! Heck, the young U17 team was pretty great too. Any idea why they are not allowed to play for this Mexican team? I never understood that rule :/

The u17 team was good, but not Copa América level good. Plus their main focus was the World Cup, we didn't want the kids to get distracted.

edit: CHINGADA MADRE

Regulus Tera said:
I always get the impression that foreigners hold the Mexican National Team in better regard than us Mexicans. :lol

But yeah. We would have been title contenders if we had sent our main team.

wut? don't kid yourself

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
The u17 team was good, but not Copa América level good. Plus their main focus was the World Cup, we didn't want the kids to get distracted.

edit: CHINGADA MADRE

Sorry, I meant, why can't players from the main team play at the Copa America?

Edit - Oh wow, that was close :0

GUYS Paraguay and Venezuela played a group game together - that game gave us SIX FREAKIN GOALS.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Fady K said:
Sorry, I meant, why can't players from the main team play at the Copa America?

Because CONCACAF wanted the Mexican Federation to focus on the Gold Cup. And by that we mean that CONCACAF wanted Mexico to go to the final, because Mexico makes money for CONCACAF.

It's not like the European teams would have let us use our stars. I doubt Fergie would have been happy with Chicharito playing two international tournaments one after the other.

Allan Holdsworth said:
wut? don't kid yourself

Argentina was shite.
Brazil was shite.
Paraguay is shite.
Ecuador was shite.
Colombia was shite.

That's half of CONMEBOL that's shite. Plus, Mexico is playing great football nowadays.

Fady K

Regulus Tera said:
Because CONCACAF wanted the Mexican Federation to focus on the Gold Cup. And by that we mean that CONCACAF wanted Mexico to go to the final, because Mexico makes money for CONCACAF.

It's not like the European teams would have let us use our stars. I doubt Fergie would have been happy with Chicharito playing two international tournaments one after the other.

Argentina was shite.
Brazil was shite.
Paraguay is shite.
Ecuador was shite.
Colombia was shite.

That's half of CONMEBOL that's shite. Plus, Mexico is playing great football nowadays.

I see, that sucks : [

Noshino

Damn Venezuela being a lot more offensive.

Hopefully Venezuela wins, they are far less predictable than Paraguay, it makes for a better match against Uruguay

inky

Regulus Tera said:
I always get the impression that foreigners hold the Mexican National Team in better regard than us Mexicans. :lol

But yeah. We would have been title contenders if we had sent our main team.

I get the opposite impression, especially from southamericans. They think Mexico is no better than any other CONCACAF team, and CONCACAF is the world's bottom tier. *shrugs*

Edit for clarity: I don't mean to generalize, I am talking about people I know.

alterno69

Banned
inky said:
I get the opposite impression, especially from southamericans. They think Mexico is no better than any other CONCACAF team, and CONCACAF is the world's bottom tier. *shrugs*
Yet since 1993 Mexico has a better Copa America record than any south american team except Brasil lol.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
inky said:

lol yeah, South America is definitely like that. But almost every European and American fan I talk too seems to like watching Mexico, and I'm all like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Regulus Tera said:

Argentina was shite.
Brazil was shite.
Paraguay is shite.
Ecuador was shite.
Colombia was shite.

lol sure but against guadalupe, el salvador and freaking usa.

EvaristeG

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
lol yeah, South America is definitely like that. But almost every European and American fan I talk too seems to like watching Mexico, and I'm all like whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
For guys like me it may be because of FM2011, Mexico becomes a god tier team after a few years in this game.

T Ghost

Cowardguay. Nunca vi um time tão COVARDE como essa merda de Paraguay...

When your kid asks "Dad what anti-football means?"

You show him a PeorGuay game and say "This".

clemenx

Banned
Venezuela has never been on a penalty shootout. I'm pretty sure half of the country will die if we get to it. Regardless of what happens.

feel

clemenx said:
Venezuela has never been on a penalty shootout. I'm pretty sure half of the country will die if we get to it. Regardless of what happens.
This.

And so unfair, Paraguay is nonguay right now.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Regulus Tera said:
I cannot believe this is the team that was one penalty away from kicking Spain out of the World Cup.
Paraguay, first team ever to win a mayor tournament without winning a single game. Go!

clemenx

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
I cannot believe this is the team that was one penalty away from kicking Spain out of the World Cup.
To be fair. This is the worst Paraguay team in a LOOOONG time. I'm pretty surprised at how bad they are. They've always been a defensive squad but never quite like this.

EvaristeG

Banned
clemenx said:
To be fair. This is the worst Paraguay team in a LOOOONG time. I'm pretty surprised at how bad they are. They've always been a defensive squad but never quite like this.
But still, correct me if I'm wrong, their results in official competitions seem to be better than ever...

Massa

T Ghost said:
Cowardguay. Nunca vi um time tão COVARDE como essa merda de Paraguay...

When your kid asks "Dad what anti-football means?"

You show him a PeorGuay game and say "This".

No, you show this:

jh8xax.jpg

Noshino

alterno69 said:
Yet since 1993 Mexico has a better Copa America record than any south american team except Brasil lol.

Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, AND Colombia have had better records than Mexico...but whatever dude lol

inky said:
Venezuela really deserves something out of this.

They have not only been playing better, but more fair as well.

Paraguay has been pretty nasty, even their fucking DT

clemenx

Banned
EvaristeG said:
But still, correct me if I'm wrong, their results in official competitions seem to be better than ever...
Just the sort of twisted luck that you can have when playing futbol.

Or maybe they just decided to go all Greece on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom