• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costco rolling out same day grocery delivery in most US metropolitan areas

MJPIA

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-costco-delivery-20171006-story.html
The Issaquah, Wash., company announced two new delivery options Thursday: two-day delivery for dry goods and same-day delivery powered by grocery delivery firm Instacart for orders that include fresh foods.
The two-day option guarantees deliveries in two business days and is available only in the continental United States. For orders of less than $75, there is a delivery fee. Costco said the goods sold for delivery will be priced higher than the same goods sold at its stores; it did not specify how much higher.

The same-day delivery option, available in “most metropolitan areas,” lets customers choose a one-hour window during which their order will arrive. For orders of less than $35, there is a delivery fee. Prices on the goods will be about 15% to 17% higher than in stores. Costco said an additional 10% service fee will be added at checkout, though shoppers “may elect not to pay the service fee.”
In an earnings call Thursday, Richard Galanti, Costco’s executive vice president and chief financial officer, said the delivery options are more “fill-in, than replacement of a shop.” He said the company has driven sales for years with value, which he defined as “quality and low price.”

But he acknowledged that shopping habits were changing and that customers may not always feel the need to pick out their own fresh produce.

“Over time, the percentage of delivery of fresh will change,” he said on the call. “How much so, we’ll all have to wait and see.”

https://www.costco.com/grocery-program-faq.html
Costco Same-day powered by Instacart which items are eligible for delivery?
After you've entered your zip code, all eligible items will be listed. This is about 2,000 Costco products, including our Fresh Foods.

My Zip code is not in your service area. How can I receive deliveries?
We are continuing to expand delivery zip codes. Please enter your email, and we will notify you when service is available in your area. In the meantime, you will be directed back to Costco.com and can receive groceries on our CostcoGrocery 2-day delivery option.

When will my orders arrive?
Orders arrive the Same-day, next day, or day of your choice. Utilizing a 1-hour delivery window in as little as 2 hours. You pick what is convenient for you.

Where is delivery available?
Costco Same-day is available within most metropolitan areas. Enter your zip code after selecting shop now to determine if delivery is available in your area.

Will I receive my Executive rewards?
Yes, you will earn your 2% Executive rewards on the warehouse merchandise sell price, but not on the 15% to 17% markup or the 10% service fee.

Will I receive my Costco Anywhere Visa Card rewards?
Yes, you will earn your 2% reward on the order total charged to your Costco Anywhere Visa Card.

How do I find the Costco Same-day home page?
Click "Grocery" on Costco.com at any time, and then select Costco Same-day Delivery.

Purchase in the warehouse and save.
Selection and delivery are the most expensive part of the online shopping process, as compared to buying in the warehouse. At Costco, we do our best to keep costs to a minimum, but added delivery and other fulfillment costs included in the purchase price and in separate service fees on orders means that items purchased from Costco Same-day will be more expensive than if the same products are purchased at a warehouse.

Why purchase in the warehouse?
Prices are generally 15% to 17% higher than warehouse walk-in price. In addition a 10% service fee will be added to your order at checkout.

Why is there a separate 10% Service Fee at Checkout?
The separate 10% Service fee is used to compensate in-store shoppers as well as delivery drivers. Additional tips are not required and you may elect not to pay the service fee.

Why is there a separate delivery fee for orders less than $35?
When Costco Same-day is able to deliver higher dollar value orders, it reduces the per item delivery cost, and returns that savings back to our members. Most orders far exceed the minimum. Additional fees will be added to orders under $35.

How do I know when I have reached an order total of $35?
Costco Same-day has a special tracking feature in your cart, which shows your current order total. The tracker is continuously updating, so you are aware of how much you have spent, and how much more is needed to reach $35.

Can I check out with Costco Same-day and other Costco items at the same time?
Unfortunately, the Costco Same-Day cart is separate from the Costco.com cart. After placing your Costco Same-day order, there will be a link to return you to Costco.com.

What is Instacart's role?
Instacart powers the same-day website, and arranges the delivery of your order.

Why is the website Members Only?
We are committed to keeping our prices as low as possible for our members. Non-members may also purchase on Instacart.com at a higher price than members purchasing on Costco Same-day.

Direct link here.
https://www.costco.com/grocery-household.html

15%-17% markup along with a additional 10% service fee tacked on to Costco prices is reasonable to me for same day delivery although time will tell.
Lock if old.

MJPIA

oPF5kQc.png
On the one hand minimum purchase and markup makes it more expensive.
On the other hand delivered Costco rotisserie chicken.

Top Bottom