• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could lockhart be Xbox One's 3rd revision?

MarkMe2525

Could you all help me with a thought experiment? Is it feasible that lockhart is actually Xbox One's 3rd hardware revision. Completely replaces xbox one s and x. Games still would be coming out for it for the next couple years. Will take advantage of quick resume with ssd for all your previous and future xbox one game purchases. Smart delivery would also fit into this and maybe the lockhart machine gets a couple enhancements over the S and X. Someone shoot this idea down for me..... I'm going to argue back of course ;)

-Arcadia-

Banned
In a way it is. It's rumored to have mainstream pricing, is speculated to replace at least the One X, and I assume it'll play the entire Xbox One library. In that sense, it's almost kind of a fascinating straddling of both generations.

As hardware though, no, the mooted specifications and architecture are much different and entirely in line with next-gen consoles, if extremely cut back.

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

In a way it is. It's rumored to have mainstream pricing, is speculated to replace at least the Oje X, and I assume it'll play the entire Xbox One library. In that sense, it's almost kind of a fascinating straddling of both generations.

As hardware though, no, the mooted specifications and architecture are much different and entirely in line with next-gen consoles, if extremely cut back.
Is it possible that its actually cheaper for it to straddle both generations?

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is it possible that its actually cheaper for it to straddle both generations?

Assuming this all works out and Lockhart is👌 at playing next-gen games, it probably does make more sense for Microsoft to have a mainstream priced product out there that gives customers access to both libraries.

Usually the cheaper priced console is a last-gen one, and while a sale is a sale, kind of locks the consumer into the past. Being able to avoid that with Lockhart has to be very beneficial for Microsoft.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tenor.gif

Codes 208

Its not an xbox one. Its not a handheld.

Its just a cheaper alternative to the series x in the same way the one s is the bad model while the one x is the enthusiast model.

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
i dont even know why people care to talk about what it is so much. who gives a shit, you guys ain't buying it anyway.

Aidah

It's Series X with a cut back GPU and less RAM. If it even ends up releasing and turns out to match rumors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom