• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could the Avengers (MCU) have stopped the invasion of Earth by Zod (MoS)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two that would stand a chance would be Thor and Hulk. The others would probably drop pretty quick. I would say throw Hulk at the World Engine, then let Thor take on the cronies in Metropolis.

Either way, most of the Avengers would be wrecked.

None of them would have been able to stop the world engine.

Thor.

The world engine was only a threat because it robbed MOS superman of his powers getting near it. Thor doesn't have that problem.

also, what's to stop the Avengers from just smashing a helicarrier on top of it?

I like the Avengers and all, but considering Faora could kill half the team within seconds this is not fair fight.

Faora is doing jack shit to the hulk. Keep in mind the hulk is the only one here with a healing factor.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
this

faora-pwn.gif

3811536-9416218075-34370.gif

3752714-mos.gif

against this

tumblr_m8z6symQ131rpcea3o2_250.gif

tumblr_m96r0r4gUZ1r0oz1go1_500.gif

Thor is strong but slow. They would just run circles around him. Hulk is the only one that can probably knock out a tooth. They can just fly around him wrap him up and toss him into the sun. Fight over.

Now if it's straight up one on one. Not sure if zod can take on the hulk alone.

Thor is strong but slow. They would just run circles around him. Hulk is the only one that can probably knock out a tooth. They can just fly around him wrap him up and toss him into the sun. Fight over.

Now if it's straight up one on one. Not sure if zod can take on the hulk alone.

Thor isn't slow at all. Both Thor and Hulk have reflexes that scale right along with their strength level.

Keep in mind also that Thor is much, much better at flying than that whole crew is with the exception of Zod in the last 5 to 10 minutes of man of steel. None of the rest of them are going to be able to handle an asgardian who has several thousand years of flight combat experience.

edit: then there's this:

giphy.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
How would SHIELD take out the world machine? Nothing they have could withstand the gravitational pull the thing was exhibiting. Only Thor would have a chance, since he's the most comparable to Superman. But there still hasn't been anything in the three movies that really showcases his actual strength comparable to Superman.
SHIELD has
Graviton
locked up somewhere, I'm that'd come in handy :p

Pavaloo

couldn't thor just cast lightning on the world engine

hulk could probably take the gravitational force and fight the kryptonians head on

cap could probably out maneuver whatever gets thrown at him

stark could take the battle somewhere where they have the advantage

widow would somehow trick zod into defeat

NOPE! Captain America did... something.

told them all to go underground

It seems to me that Thor is at the same power level as the Kryptonians (basically indestructible, just a different power set) and Hulk is even stronger than that, so I can see Thor, Hulk and a properly suited up Tony Stark being able to hold their own. Avengers Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye are toast within minutes. I think the existence of Hulk means that yeah, in the end Avengers stop the invasion.

T'Zariah

Banned
Thor isn't slow at all. Both Thor and Hulk have reflexes that scale right along with their strength level.

Keep in mind also that Thor is much, much better at flying than that whole crew is with the exception of Zod in the last 5 to 10 minutes of man of steel. None of the rest of them are going to be able to handle an asgardian who has several thousand years of flight combat experience.

giphy.gif

What? There isn't a single feat in the MCU that comes close to what Faora did to Superman and the Soldiers in Smallville and the scale of Zod vs Superman. Snyder took "invulnerability" to its logical conclusion. Even after their battle, Zod and Supes had ZERO scratches on them. What the fuck is Movie! Thor going to do against that kind of durability when aliens make him visibly tired and he shows battle damage?

Thor gets wrecked, as does the rest of the team.

No, but only because they'd be paying attention to minimising civilian casualties. How can Cap fight when he's so busy rescuing people?

What? There isn't a single feat in the MCU that comes close to what Faora did to Superman and the Soldiers in Smallville and the scale of Zod vs Superman. Snyder took "invulnerability" to its logical conclusion. Even after their battle, Zod and Supes had ZERO scratches on them. What the fuck is Movie! Thor going to do against that kind of durability when aliens make him visibly tired and he shows battle damage?

Snap their necks?

Of course the MCU Avengers can stop Zod and his crew from Mos it just depends on who is writing. It is not like Zod and his crew are all superman prime. They cannot even fly and have trouble adapting to earth if their helmets get broken. .

It seems to me that Thor is at the same power level as the Kryptonians (basically indestructible, just a different power set) and Hulk is even stronger than that, so I can see Thor, Hulk and a properly suited up Tony Stark being able to hold their own. Avengers Cap, Black Widow and Hawkeye are toast within minutes. I think the existence of Hulk means that yeah, in the end Avengers stop the invasion.

Keep in mind also that the tech SHIELD has is light years past the US Army in man of steel. it's not even close. TWS showed that shield had been stockpiling HYDRA tech for years, and coulson had a gun that was capable of putting the hurt on Loki.

AVENGERS2_DESTROYER_COULSON_ALIEN-TECH_.jpg

Earth is probably taking some damage, but the Avengers take out this crew with some effort.

happypup

Well, here is how I would write it. Zod and co. come to Earth, believe it to be a good place to settle, arrive undetected and begin the world engine machine straight away, only it is placed in an out of the way area, and is undetected. Shield notices some unusual atmosphere shit is going on and sends Hawkeye to investigate. He rolls up and gets a bead on the Zod army with their world engine (it would be a considerably less violent world engine). A couple of the grunts notice Hawkeye and give chase, Hawkeye is able to take off on his flying motorcycle thing and the Zod army (who haven't figured out flight yet) pursue on foot at super speed. Hawkeye calls for reinforcements and Cap shows up and gets a serious beatdown. Hawkeye is shooting his trick arrows and cap is throwing his shield, but they just can't match the speed and strength of these Kryptonians. They both retreat and are able to get away, but Zod is now aware of the superheros. He decides to launch an offensive to lure them out. And attack the nearest major city. He is forced to push up his time table, as he wanted to have altered the atmosphere considerably more before launching his offensive (enough that people were getting sick from unknown causes by the millions). He is able to quickly conquer and subjugate the nearest major population center (I don't know where somewhere not in the states, and not often used in films). He sets this up as his capital while Shield is trying to wrangle in the Avengers. And the worlds military converges. For whatever reason assembling the team again is difficult. Stark and Bruce are put to work trying to figure out a weakness, but without any data to go on they are getting nowhere. Meanwhile Thor and Cap are attempting to oust Zod from his earthly seat of power, and are getting stopped at all fronts, and Hawkeye and Widow are trying to get close enough to the world engine to destroy it. After the unsuccessful attempts of all three teams they regroup, beaten and bloody. However Thor was able to wound somebody and Bruce picks up on an interesting reaction. When he is nearby the blood on Thor's hammer begins to reverberate ever so slightly. You see, the green of kryptonite and the green of the hulk are both the result of gamma radiation (forget the fact that Gamma radiation is invisible for a minute). They do some research and find that (although the energy that the Hulk releases is the wrong frequency to have a major effect) a targeted Gamma ray bomb of the proper frequency could temporarily weaken the ever stronger Kryptonians. So now the goal is to get the entire Kryptonian army together in one place and all within range of the bomb. The final action scene would be the Avengers team fighting off the Kryptonians as best as they can while trying to corral them while Hulk plays the running back with the gamma bomb. They are able to destroy the world engine and de-power and trap everybody in a gamma field except Zod (who has learned how to fly and gets out of there just in time). The entire team confronts him and eventually after a hard fight Zod goes down. Maybe at some point Thor goes down for the count, and Cap picks up Thor's hammer and with it the power of the thunderer.

Error

Of course the MCU Avengers can stop Zod and his crew from Mos it just depends on who is writing. It is not like Zod and his crew are all superman prime. They cannot even fly and have trouble adapting to earth if their helmets get broken. .

Zod adapted to Earth in a matter of days.

Whatever tech SHIELD has, the Kryptonian tech is probably better as they are a more advanced race.

TWS Cap over TDK Bats is as obvious as MoS Kryptonians over MCU Avengers.

Well, here is how I would write it. Zod and co. come to Earth, believe it to be a good place to settle, arrive undetected and begin the world engine machine straight away, only it is placed in an out of the way area, and is undetected. Shield notices some unusual atmosphere shit is going on and sends Hawkeye to investigate. He rolls up and gets a bead on the Zod army with their world engine (it would be a considerably less violent world engine). A couple of the grunts notice Hawkeye and give chase, Hawkeye is able to take off on his flying motorcycle thing and the Zod army (who haven't figured out flight yet) pursue on foot at super speed. Hawkeye calls for reinforcements and Cap shows up and gets a serious beatdown. Hawkeye is shooting his trick arrows and cap is throwing his shield, but they just can't match the speed and strength of these Kryptonians. They both retreat and are able to get away, but Zod is now aware of the superheros. He decides to launch an offensive to lure them out. And attack the nearest major city. He is forced to push up his time table, as he wanted to have altered the atmosphere considerably more before launching his offensive (enough that people were getting sick from unknown causes by the millions). He is able to quickly conquer and subjugate the nearest major population center (I don't know where somewhere not in the states, and not often used in films). He sets this up as his capital while Shield is trying to wrangle in the Avengers. And the worlds military converges. For whatever reason assembling the team again is difficult. Stark and Bruce are put to work trying to figure out a weakness, but without any data to go on they are getting nowhere. Meanwhile Thor and Cap are attempting to oust Zod from his earthly seat of power, and are getting stopped at all fronts, and Hawkeye and Widow are trying to get close enough to the world engine to destroy it. After the unsuccessful attempts of all three teams they regroup, beaten and bloody. However Thor was able to wound somebody and Bruce picks up on an interesting reaction. When he is nearby the blood on Thor's hammer begins to reverberate ever so slightly. You see, the green of kryptonite and the green of the hulk are both the result of gamma radiation (forget the fact that Gamma radiation is invisible for a minute). They do some research and find that (although the energy that the Hulk releases is the wrong frequency to have a major effect) a targeted Gamma ray bomb of the proper frequency could temporarily weaken the ever stronger Kryptonians. So now the goal is to get the entire Kryptonian army together in one place and all within range of the bomb. The final action scene would be the Avengers team fighting off the Kryptonians as best as they can while trying to corral them while Hulk plays the running back with the gamma bomb. They are able to destroy the world engine and de-power and trap everybody in a gamma field except Zod (who has learned how to fly and gets out of there just in time). The entire team confronts him and eventually after a hard fight Zod goes down. Maybe at some point Thor goes down for the count, and Cap picks up Thor's hammer and with it the power of the thunderer.

tumblr_inline_n95u0obsJl1rtvdfs.gif

giphy.gif

Compared to Kyrptonians? The Thor movies are foggy but i don't remember any light speed fighting. Not saying he can't do it but i don't think it's been a proven ability in the movies at least.

Pavaloo

Zod adapted to Earth in a matter of days.

Whatever tech SHIELD has, the Kryptonian tech is probably better as they are a more advanced race.

TWS Cap over TDK Bats is as obvious as MoS Kryptonians over MCU Avengers.

shield tech is powered by magic tho

Zod in MoS was born to be a warrior, after a few rounds with Hulk he would realize I can't put him down, gonna throw this fucker into Space, IMO i can't see Avengers stopping Zod and his soldiers..

The Avengers would probably take it, but it would be a drawn-out and casualty heavy battle.

The players on the team who aren't capable of taking a hit would need to be running support something fierce using Stark & Shield tech.

Hulk would probably be required to take out the world engine as the protracted manner in which that works and its inability to deal enough force to quickly kill him would amp up his rage to the point where he basically rips it to pieces with his bare hands.

Thor meanwhile is stalling and staving off the Kryptonians using his power set which is both magically infused and capable of range and large area of effect; but he wouldn't be able to hold them off forever, and getting the (enraged) Hulk back after he destroys the world engine to reinforce Thor is the only guarantee of an Avengers victory.

It would be brutal though.

Compared to Kyrptonians? The Thor movies are foggy but i don't remember any light speed fighting. Not saying he can't do it but i don't think it's been a proven ability in the movies at least.

The kryptonians weren't going "light speed" either. Fast, yes. light speed, no. Thor is about as fast as the plot requires, and throws lightning around when he's pissed off. No one is blitzing thor here.

Also, unless I'm mistaken
They aren't weak to magic, they aren't immune to magic.

To use Pokemon, it's not 2X damage from magic, it's just Normal damage.
Where physical attacks are like 1/2X damage

magic doesn't come up in MOS, so it's pointless to talk about it. But it's definitively a "weakness" per DC now, as established in the DC vs. Masters of the universe crossover. (DC owns both, it's canon.) If you're immune or highly resistant to conventional damage UNLESS it's magical, that's an "achilles heel", or a weakness. DC vs. MOU also establishes that superman has trouble INJURING magical constructs as well.

Zod in MoS was born to be a warrior, after a few rounds with Hulk he would realize I can't put him down, gonna throw this fucker into Space, IMO i can't see Avengers stopping Zod and his soldiers..

You throw Hulk into space, he's just gonna come back madder and stronger.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
It's the thing that makes Lex even remotely threatening to Supes, and he's in the next film, so I'm gonna say "probably".
What often makes Lex a threat is what he does to everyone else. Using kryptonite is weak sauce for Lex

MisterHero

lol Zod, Faora and 'Non' would hover above Earth and take turns heat vision-ing Hulk.

Abounder

Banned
shield tech is powered by magic tho

Magic and kryptonite aren't established as weaknesses for the MoS if I recall correctly.

Avengers would get smashed, their tech is behind Stark's. Fury/Iron Man/Cap Evans would be dead trying to save the carrier, Black Widow would be useless with a glock, etc.

Only real hope is Thor and the Hulk but they seem way too slow and would probably end up hitting eachother like they did in the Avengers as well

Sephzilla

Aren't Hulk and Thor both generally considered to be stronger than Superman?

Yeah, Avengers easily could take that on. Heck, didn't plain old humans stop a few of the Kryptonians?

Error

The kryptonians weren't going "light speed" either. Fast, yes. light speed, no. Thor is about as fast as the plot requires, and throws lightning around when he's pissed off. No one is blitzing thor here.

I think you are overselling Thor, he hasn't look as impressive in his movies as the kryptonians did in MoS battle-wise.

Nothing that would make me go right now "Zod and his goons would have problems with this guy"

Hulk is the only guy that could give Zod problems, but that's just one guy and Zod has maybe 5 o 6 guys with comparable strength to Superman. I think in the end Zod's crew takes this.

Aren't Hulk and Thor both generally considered to be stronger than Superman?

Yeah, Avengers easily.

Comic Thor and Hulk are probably on par. none of those three have any defined limits to how strong they are.

MOU Thor and Hulk vs. Superman? Hulk is *probably* the strongest one here.

I think you are overselling Thor, he hasn't look as impressive in his movies as the kryptonians did in MoS battle-wise.

Nothing that would make me go right now "Zod and his goons would have problems with this guy"

Hulk is the only guy that could give Zod problems, but that's just one guy and Zod has maybe 5 o 6 guys with comparable strength to Superman. I think in the end Zod's crew takes this.

Disagree. Thor has a habit of calling down MASSIVE lightning blitz. none of the kryptonians would survive that.

THOR_LUMA_VFX_12.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

And yes, he can charge the hammer with it.

Movies-thor-the-dark-world-trailer-06.jpg

tumblr_lkp7q8jtop1qa0393o1_500.gif

Kryptonians are not shrugging that off.

TheXbox

Avengers would win. Thor and Hulk alone would wreck shop, and Tony Stark would put some Kryptonite in his suit because he's rich and can do that sort of thing.

Tony Stark made a brand new element. He can make kryptonite.

What's really funny is Iron Man, Cap, and shield would get wiped out but people are gonna act like Batman has a chance against superman and through the power of bullshit, will.

Ironman 3 really hurt the image of Tony's suit durability. Didn't it get disassembled by a truck and him pushing it over at one point?

Kryptonians being vulnerable to magic hasn't been established at this point either. Magic isn't even a thing in Man of Steel.

If the Kryptonians can disarm Thor (break his arm/wrist) then Thor is out. I don't think Thor w/o hammer is as strong as the Kryptonians are, and Kryptonians definitely have the speed edge over all the Marvel characters. Heat Vision could also be an effective tool

Depending on how quickly the other Kryptonians handle the avengers, it could end up being all three of them vs Hulk, and I'd have to favor the Kryptonians then.

I think I may give this to Zod after all.

Sephzilla

Hawkeye, Widow, and Cap could effectively take the place of the military people delivering the phantom drive (assuming that's kept in the story for plot).

Thor would take the place of Superman taking out the machine on the other side of the planet.

Stark could blow up the rest of the machine in New York/Metropolis.

Hulk could destroy the city.

DeathyBoy

Banned

I think people are forgetting that Zod and co are TRAINED SOLDIERS.

So they have the equivalent of Cap's training AND Thor's strength AND Hulk's invulnerability. They also, in this canon, have no real weaknesses. Kryptonite isn't a thing, Avengers is set entirely during the day, and also heat vision.

I will concede that Thor/Hulk could take some of them on, but all Zod et al would have to do is fly Hulk into space, and hurl him towards the moon. Hulk's out of the battle. They'd fire heat vision at Thor's hammer so he'd drop it, and then decimate him hand to hand.

Cap would earn Faora's respect, but she'd still kill him.

Now if you had Scarlet Widow, Avengers would win.

About flying away,
teopFQ7.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibb6ZiKC549LGN.gif

Feats of strength are inconsistent in the MCU. Avengers' Thor can't compare to Thor's Thor. The Avengers would be stronger in the MoS universe or the Kryptonians weaker in the MCU; either way the odds will be better for them. As it stands the point of comparison between the two universes is Hulk vs an F-35 and an ordinary kryptonian vs an A-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom