• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Countdown to new beta test on SCE site (Patapon 3)

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
May 30, 2004
saitama, jyapyaon
Booo

here's a color adjusted version of the picture that flashes:

jiggle

Jun 7, 2004
oh look
SCEJ not being useless and made a PS3 montage filler

EXCITE!

unless it's another psp game
then boo

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I don't know why'd you guys automatically assume it's a PS3 game and are hoping for it. The game doesn't suit console play very well either.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Patapon's response to LocoRoco's Midnight Carnival.

El-Suave

Apr 15, 2007
Germany
I think Patapon would make a really nice application for the Move controllers. The very simple drum patterns make it almost ideal.
If we should get it to help launch some new hardware on the PSP front I'm happy, too.

V_Ben

Banned
May 8, 2009
El-Suave said:
I think Patapon would make a really nice application for the Move controllers. The very simple drum patterns make it almost ideal.

I'd want to play it with my rock band drums. wanna bash out some rhythms! :D

JWong

Banned
Sep 15, 2009
Juggernaut said:
Patapon with Move or Rockband drums would be sweet.
Was thinking something like that.

Doesn't necessarily need to be solely drum beats.

Dec 5, 2009
I don't really see how Patapon would benefit from being on the PS3, but I wouldn't mind whichever platform it came out for. Patapon is a fun, great series that I'd be happy to see continue in whatever form (unless it goes down the disastrous route LocoRoco PS3 took).

Johnanderson

Banned
Aug 15, 2009
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! That was my second most wanted thing after Team ICO colletion! AWESOME! Made my week! ( Still playing patapon 2)

Edit : Why does everyone wants this on PS3? get it, you don't have the PSP, but still, this game is the perfet kinda game for handhelds

V_Ben

Banned
May 8, 2009
Johnanderson said:
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!! That was my second most wanted thing after Team ICO colletion! AWESOME! Made my week! ( Still playing patapon 2)

Edit : Why does everyone wants this on PS3? get it, you don't have the PSP, but still, this game is the perfet kinda game for handhelds

yeah, but there's been 2 psp games. Loved them and all, but it's time for ps3 owners to get their pata-on too :D It would be a great PSN game.

Johnanderson

Banned
Aug 15, 2009
Seriously, this cannot be a Move game, i really hope it's not => Patapon is all about preciseness, if you're precise, you attack better etc. you cannot be as precise with move as with buttons.

NeoUltima

Jul 31, 2007
Johnanderson said:
Seriously, this cannot be a Move game, i really hope it's not => Patapon is all about preciseness, if you're precise, you attack better etc. you cannot be as precise with move as with buttons.
Move has buttons.

Johnanderson

Banned
Aug 15, 2009
lol; i know... the dualshock also... so, what's your point? when people say they want it with move, 'm guessing they mean to simulate drums while tapping in the air.

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
V_Ben said:
yeah, but there's been 2 psp games. Loved them and all, but it's time for ps3 owners to get their pata-on too :D It would be a great PSN game.

I'm going to go into the eventual Uncharted 3 thread and ask for it to be on PSP.