• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 |OT| of Orbs, Freaks, and Exploding Pedestrians

More love needs to be given to the fact that everyone friggin EXPLODES ON IMPACT. It was the most horrifyingly hilarious discovery ever upon getting into a car. *BLOOSH*

It's been a long time since I was surprised by bodily explosions.

That plus the UV gun made for much more satisfying wanton destruction than the first game provided.

Oh and WTF at not being able to stick people with the tractor-beam nades? If the game deserves any criticism it's that.

Sill4

Anyone figure out how to get the damn duck grenades yet? My friend who has the game (wish I had it) said something about playing a facebook game, but now he can't find the grenades in the city.

Doffen

DevelopmentArrested said:
Played it for 2 hours so far..

it's a 7/10. Too expansion-y.

Afther alot more hours (then you) and 770 Gamerscore I say 10/10 ;) Absolutely a worthy sequel.

“The game that made you addictive to achievements is back and way more addictive!”

Mairu

Sill4 said:
Anyone figure out how to get the damn duck grenades yet? My friend who has the game (wish I had it) said something about playing a facebook game, but now he can't find the grenades in the city.
They're in the carnival

MrDaravon

BenjaminBirdie said:
Also, the aiming needs work. It's always latching onto a car or something when I want to shoot a bastard.

I'm guessing you got an early copy, have you been prompted for a XBL Update yet? They said there would be a Day 1 patch to address some of the aiming issues, I'm curious if you've already gotten the patch but it's still janky.

Barrett2

Screw it, I'm buying it day 1. The first game was so goddamn amazing, if I can recapture even 75% of the magic, it's worth it.

SailorDaravon said:
I'm guessing you got an early copy, have you been prompted for a XBL Update yet? They said there would be a Day 1 patch to address some of the aiming issues, I'm curious if you've already gotten the patch but it's still janky.

There was a patch when I booted it up, yes.

If I had the money to buy it, I would based solely on the demo.

I played it two-player co-op and spent a good bit of time searching for orbs. My friend and I didn't even start the actual mission until the five minute warning on the timer.

painey

not sure if I should buy.. I really enjoyed Crackdown 1 co-op with my friend, but he isn't getting it this time and I heard it was basically an expansion with much worse combat than #1.. and #1 didn't have much of a single player experience either.. I'll wait for more hands ons from people who are objective before I invest 40 squid.

painey said:
not sure if I should buy.. I really enjoyed Crackdown 1 co-op with my friend, but he isn't getting it this time and I heard it was basically an expansion with much worse combat than #1.. and #1 didn't have much of a single player experience either.. I'll wait for more hands ons from people who are objective before I invest 40 squid.

Oh shit!

Put on blast on a Sunday Morning.

*beautiful hat drops crumpled to the ground*

;D

AgentOtaku said:
did you play the demo? Is it still ass slow?

I played the demo, but only once when it first dropped for the cell phone thing. I can't really remember if there was a difference.

derFeef

painey said:
Hm, and how do you decide who is objective? Eenie meenie miney mo?

Things that rule:
Gotta-catch-em-all mentality on Orbs.
New shit to collect (audio logs).
Jumping, platforming remains great.
New weapons, enemies, cars, etc.

Things that get annoying:
Aiming. It's fucking awful. Sorry.
Flood in the city at night. Everywhere. Ugh.
Announcer is actively obnoxious.
Nolan North being in every game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
painey said:
There is no such thing as an objective review for entertainment, especially when it includes social aspects like multiplayer. In fact, some of my favorite games this generation have relatively low review scores (Earth Defense Force 2017 comes to mind).

shas'la

Cant get to the top of the agency tower, im maxed out agility, but the top of the "spires" are a total mystery to me.

NIN90 said:
Sooooo....what's the release date for this? I don't think it's in the OP.
Pretty sure it's Tuesday in the States and I know it's this Friday in the UK (hopefully Thursday if they ship it early :D)

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Only two more sleeps.

I just want to kill a crapload of Freaks, ride around in the helicopter and jump around.
The freaks actually gives me a reason to get into a car, this time around. Mowing them down is an unexpected joy.

Damn, that's a great OP (some of the text is a little hard to read).

I may pick it up it when I get my new 360 on the 16th (PAL release of 360 S), but either way, not a day 1 purchase.

Got mine for only 25 bucks off Amazon and they shipped me my 10 dollar game credit also. :D

Got it for 10 bucks off way back and had a gift card from red dead and alan wake.

This thread needs more posts for a great game like this too.

RS4-

shas'la said:
Cant get to the top of the agency tower, im maxed out agility, but the top of the "spires" are a total mystery to me.

I couldn't get up there either, got pretty close though; I gave up and just used a helicopter.

And I think you can only get up there with max agility just to reach the helipad and the other building next to it.

how to:
spawn at the agency tower, and go up two balconies (you'll see gun crates I believe by the pulsing blue/orange column...I think) then walk up the two catwalks until you see one building, then the helipad. Jump on that first building, then jump to the helos.

Raxus

DevelopmentArrested said:
Things that rule:
Gotta-catch-em-all mentality on Orbs.
New shit to collect (audio logs).
Jumping, platforming remains great.
New weapons, enemies, cars, etc.

Things that get annoying:
Aiming. It's fucking awful. Sorry. (Day 1 patch)
Flood in the city at night. Everywhere. Ugh. (It has its benefits and like the first game, get rid of hives and escape points and they dissipate.)
Announcer is actively obnoxious.(You can turn him off.)
Nolan North being in every game.(Kill him.)
Bolded.

Sai-kun

Banned
soldat7 said:
Ah...Does it have the new swoosh thingy? I can't find any other pics.

Thanks for the comments! (my first |OT|) Feel free to leave feedback and I'll update the OP tomorrow. I'm done for today. :lol

Yeah, it's got the new swoosh thingy :(

Shurs

And I'm done. Well, with the campaign at least. Credits have rolled but there is still a lot to accomplish in Pacific City.

eek5

shas'la said:

topworld.jpg

topworld2.jpg

:D

I don't think my palms have ever been as sweaty playing a video game before. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
The freaks actually gives me a reason to get into a car, this time around. Mowing them down is an unexpected joy.
Well, yeah. That too. I LOVE doing that. I can't wait to fly a helicopter into the ground to kill a bunch of Freaks in the process. :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Shurs said:
And I'm done. Well, with the campaign at least. Credits have rolled but there is still a lot to accomplish in Pacific City.
So is there still a time trial this time around?

mik

mik is unbeatable
Understanding that more of the same is a good thing when it comes to a game I loved as much as Crackdown, it's still a pretty disappointing effort in my eyes thus far (I'm about 3-4 hours in). It's so similar to the first game--right down to many of the agility orbs being in the exact same locations. I just can't shake the intense sensations of déjà vu as I roam around these islands again. Exploring the world was a huge portion of the fun of the original. Exploring the same world again a few years later--less fun.

Wag

I fooled around with the demo on my new $85 360 (Yay Target!) and liked it so much I picked up the first one for $6 on Amazon. By the time I'm ready to play CD2 it will probably be dirt cheap.

Shurs said:
I heard a crazy rumor that once the game ends, it ends. No more orb collecting or whatnot. This can't possibly be true. Was wondering if you could verify that the rumor is bullshit.

DidntKnowJack said:
I heard a crazy rumor that once the game ends, it ends. No more orb collecting or whatnot. This can't possibly be true. Was wondering if you could verify that the rumor is bullshit.

I read that on the IGN Boards as well, can't be true though right?

Mrbob

DidntKnowJack said:

D:

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
DidntKnowJack said:
I think he already did.

Shurs said:

Top Bottom