• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 2 |OT| of Orbs, Freaks, and Exploding Pedestrians

Bernbaum

Wake-up time on a downed Agent is way too fucking slow. There's instances where he'll get knocked and becomes a mere plaything for freaks to toss around. All I can do is put my controller down and watch- a pretty bad game design in my book.

Camera sucks too- nothing worse than scaling a building, and wanting to scan around for the best path to take, only to have the camera in a fixed position behind the Agent's arsecheeks.

Freaks aren't very satisfying to kill either.

But it's still fun, and orbs=crack cocaine.

So I need a little help. I only have one more Tactical Location. It's the one in the middle of Shai Gen(I know it has another name but I don't remember) by the big tower. I can kill about a third of the enemies but then they quit appearing and it shows them all as either above or below me. Only problem is I can't find them. Is that normal or is it glitching?

Also does anyone have one of those pre-order codes they'd be willing to part with? I pre-ordered mine but was on vacation release week so they were out when I picked mine up. :(

Shurs

AwesomeSyrup said:
So I need a little help. I only have one more Tactical Location. It's the one in the middle of Shai Gen(I know it has another name but I don't remember) by the big tower. I can kill about a third of the enemies but then they quit appearing and it shows them all as either above or below me. Only problem is I can't find them. Is that normal or is it glitching?

Also does anyone have one of those pre-order codes they'd be willing to part with? I pre-ordered mine but was on vacation release week so they were out when I picked mine up. :(

Climb the tower.

Spasm

AwesomeSyrup said:
Do I need to be agility level 5 to do it? Because I'm at 4 and I can't seem to get up there.
Get a helichopter from the Agency tower. Fly over to Shai-gen tower... You can activate the tactical location while in the chopper. Dust off the 20 or so guys on the ground, then fly up and smoke the rest of the dudes half-way up.

There will be heavy gunners, and heat-seekers up there, so be careful.

Wolffen

AwesomeSyrup said:
Do I need to be agility level 5 to do it? Because I'm at 4 and I can't seem to get up there.

Spasm said:
Get a helichopter from the Agency tower. Fly over to Shai-gen tower... You can activate the tactical location while in the chopper. Dust off the 20 or so guys on the ground, then fly up and smoke the rest of the dudes half-way up.

There will be heavy gunners, and heat-seekers up there, so be careful.

That's one option (and depending on what difficulty level you're playing on, expect the copter to get smoked fast). The other option is to activate the tactical location, kill the guys on your level, and then carefully climb the building just to the left of the tower. Once you get towards the top, you'll see a platform sticking out from around the middle of the front of the Shai-gen tower. Take a leap of faith, and hopefully at agility 4 you'll be able to grab the ledge and pull yourself up and take on the next batch of Cell. The voice of the Agency will bitch at you endlessly while you climb the building to the left of the tower, but you shouldn't time out from the tactical strike. After you finish off the guys in the new area in the middle of the tower, you'll have to climb some platforms in there to get to the top of the tower to finish off the rest of the Cell resistance and capture the location.

Dabanton

Yeah that's what i did after numerous attempts to capture that point.

Felt good. :lol

Anyone have any idea on when the DLC will be released for this? From the end of the game i have a pretty clear idea who we'll be working for...

Shurs said:
Climb the tower.

honestly the best part of Crackdown 2 by Crackdown 1 standards.

I think that the game should had more dynamic area control in it, in particular because 4 level 5 agents will pummel any resistance into submission in no time at all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Can the 25 Ways to Die achievement (mostly) be obtained in solo? I know theres the headshot one that requires to be online in an arena

Also, how the hell do you get the beach stunt ring and the ferris wheel one without cheating?

Circle T

Wario64 said:
Can the 25 Ways to Die achievement (mostly) be obtained in solo? I know theres the headshot one that requires to be online in an arena
Not really. The circumstances for many of them to happen just wouldn't ever happen in a solo game. Getting run over, hit with a thrown object, killed with a ground strike, etc. Most of those things just won't happen solo. You also have to die by harpoon gun, which only agents carry. The headshot one doesn't need to be done in the competitive multiplayer, though. A buddy and I did that one in a regular co-op campaign session.
Wario64 said:
Also, how the hell do you get the beach stunt ring and the ferris wheel one without cheating?
If you really work at it, they can be accomplished with the SUV. You need lots of speed, and have to do the compression-jump at just the right time. Kind of tricky, but can be done.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Just picked this up, I'm about 30 minutes in and... I love this game. Sure, it doesn't evolve much(or anything) from the first game, but it's still Crackdown. I'm really happy to have more Crackdown to play.

Oh, and those renegade orbs are bitches.

T Ghost

Ok. I catched 2 renegade orbs and that was it. How the F... do you catch the other ones? Is there a trick or something? I'm level 4 agility and there's no way I can catch them even trying to guess their path. Somebody please give me a clue! :lol

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
T Ghost said:
Ok. I catched 2 renegade orbs and that was it. How the F... do you catch the other ones? Is there a trick or something? I'm level 4 agility and there's no way I can catch them even trying to guess their path. Somebody please give me a clue! :lol
Wait till you're maxed. This also helps:

k47711.jpg

MMaRsu

Banned
Havent played this much lately. Game isn't as addicting as the first one was.. the graphics kinda suck and I wish they would have done a new city. Even if they used the same assets.. But oh well, I hope there will once be a Crackdown 3. Maybe next gen :(.

I will coop with you dude.

Finally pulled my finger out and completed the story and all tactical points. Loved every minute of it as I did the first. Just need to max all skills now.
Any ideas on when the DLC are due to be released? I remember reading that one of the packs is going to be quite game-changing?

Two questions,

First thing is why won't the helicopters respawn at the agency base? I blew all 4 up being stupid and they won't respawn. I've turned the game off and back on and they still aren't there.

Also, does anyone know where online I can get a non platinum hits version of the first game? I mistakenly sold mine and feel like playing it again.

Ramenman

HOT DAMN LEVEL 6 REWARD !!! AND KEYS TO THE CITY ARE BACK !

Next DLC update includes both free AND paid-for content (as with the first Crackdown).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-23-first-crackdown-2-add-on-announced-article

* Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first Crackdown expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to Crackdown 2 and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.
* Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.
* Vehicle Tag*: Once you’re done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.

And the stuff that costs money:

* Two New Vehicles*: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.
* Five New Toys*: Whether you're soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).
* Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. Toy Box offers two Avatar Awards to customize your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.
* 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:

1. Beyond the Infinite
2. Run Get to the Chopper
3. Rocketeer
4. Tac Loc Takedown
5. Burnt Offerings
6. Mile High Club
7. Never Give It Up
8. One Careful Driver
9. Wing a Ding Ding
10. Hung Out To Dry

* Eight Agent Suit Colours: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armour for your Agent:

1. Peacekeeper
2. Terror Firma
3. Agent Orange
4. May Contain Nuts
5. Minti-Sting
6. Mega Agent
7. Haz Mat
8. Dem Apples

*Players who have not purchased the premium Toy Box content will only have access to the new vehicles and gadgets during multiplayer games if a friend who has purchased the premium content joins. Downloading Toy Box is not required to continue engaging in other multiplayer gameplay modes with those who have downloaded it.

Now I NEED to buy this !

Edit : Still no LAN support though ?

Dawg, I NEEDZ some of them DLC items. The thrusters, Mags on Characters, Agency ATV, and Portable Launch pads alone will add so much MORE chaos to the game. Can't WAIT.

EDIT: It's only 560 points? NOICE.

S1kkZ

CrazedArabMan said:
You don't get the DLC for MP. :lol
yep. running through the city (and over water) with superspeed and barge is great.
and i can finally do the wingsuit challenges, the new jet boots make them almost too easy.

great dlc.

S1kkZ said:
yep. running through the city (and over water) with superspeed and barge is great.
and i can finally do the wingsuit challenges, the new jet boots make them almost too easy.

great dlc.

Agreed, and it's cheap, free and 560. :D

TheOddOne

S1kkZ said:

great dlc.
Really!? Buying it tommorow! God I'm TERRIBLE with the wingsuit :/

Circle T

CrazedArabMan said:
You don't get the DLC for MP. :lol
I know that. That wasn't why I bought it. But having not 1, but 2 achievements associated with this clusterfuck of a game mode is stupid. As if the vehicles handling like total shit wasn't enough, now you are tasked with evading 7 other people who's only objective is to smash you. It is absurd, and not in a good "Crackdown Absurd" kind of way.

The rest of the DLC is great. I like the new ATV and Chopper. And the Thruster boots are an awesome addition.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ummm... I bought the DLC and haven't been able to play the game since.

Tried 5 times and freezes on the loading screen every single time. :-/

Anyone else?

cjelly said:
Ummm... I bought the DLC and haven't been able to play the game since.

Tried 5 times and freezes on the loading screen every single time. :-/

Anyone else?

Yes! Exact same problem and really fucking pissed about it. I found this thread on the issue http://forums.xbox.com/2/34075414/ShowPost.aspx#34075414

But still no word on when a fix is forthcoming.

Did MS or Ruffian not think to fucking test this shit, before making it available?

cjelly, quick question are you in the US or UK, maybe it's a region problem.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ukresistance said:
Yes! Exact same problem and really fucking pissed about it. I found this thread on the issue http://forums.xbox.com/2/34075414/ShowPost.aspx#34075414

But still no word on when a fix is forthcoming.

Did MS or Ruffian not think to fucking test this shit, before making it available?

cjelly, quick question are you in the US or UK, maybe it's a region problem.
I'm in the UK, I've posted in that thread you linked to.

People seem to think it's a 360S problem, but who knows. All I know is I want my Crackdown fix for this weekend. :(

cjelly said:

People seem to think it's a 360S problem, but who knows. All I know is I want my Crackdown fix for this weekend. :(
Reading that xbox forum thread it sounds like you can keep playing if you delete the dlc, but what a fuck up that is.

jred2k

Yeah I'm having this issue too. I've got an Elite from 2007 and I'm in Canada. Game runs fine when I delete the DLC, but whats the point of that. Also, when I tried to join a friends game it said that my version of the game was incompatible. We both tried clearing our cache and getting the patch again, but I still get the same error. Another thing I noticed is when I got to Achievements and look at Crackdown 2 the list isn't updated with the DLC achievements. If I compare games with my friend the DLC is working for the achievements do show up.

cjelly said:

From reading the thread it seems clear it isn't a model specific issue, I'm using an old Elite 360.

I was wondering if US players were having the same issues as those in the UK.

MrDaravon

Yup, same problem here (US 360s); the DLC content is there (new costume colors, Keys to the City mode available), but as soon as I try to actually start a game it hard freezes the system. Also the new achievements aren't showing either (still shows 1000/1000). Fucking lame.

Forgot to download the DLC last night.

Maybe that was a good thing by the looks of it. Not sure if I should yet. I have my 560 points waiting MS, want them?
technically they already have them

Circle T

DLC worked fine for me.

US player, launch Elite system

I downloaded the DLC on the dashboard before I launched the game. Before playing, the dashboard still said the game was only 50/1000. Right at launch, it said there was an update. I updated, and fired right into the game. Everything was fine. Brought up the guide, and it then said the game was 60/1250. The only weird thing is, all of the Achievement icons show up for me on the Xbox itself, but if I go to the website, it shows that I got them, but they have no icons.

Not sure if I got lucky, or what, but everything has worked fine for me.

live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=SevenInchScrew

au7ghu.png

Downloaded last night but didn't get around to trying. Will hang tight until they fix it as I don't want my precious Slim being subjected to a hard reset.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Circle T said:
DLC worked fine for me.

US player, launch Elite system

I downloaded the DLC on the dashboard before I launched the game. Before playing, the dashboard still said the game was only 50/1000. Right at launch, it said there was an update. I updated, and fired right into the game. Everything was fine. Brought up the guide, and it then said the game was 60/1250. The only weird thing is, all of the Achievement icons show up for me on the Xbox itself, but if I go to the website, it shows that I got them, but they have no icons.

Not sure if I got lucky, or what, but everything has worked fine for me.

live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=SevenInchScrew

au7ghu.png
LOL.

Circle T

cjelly said:
HA, I kind of like it. I normally select the green suit when I play, so after unlocking the helmet and suit, I thought I'd put them on my dude. Though with the huge heads on the avatars, it looks extra wacky.

MrDaravon

DLC is FIXED!

If you already downloaded it, you will need to delete and re-download it, but it works after the re-download. Holy shit, the thruster boots are fucking awesome.

Top Bottom