• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 delayed to Spring 2018

Well, SOT is an mmo style game and has had an alpha and a beta.
We also havent seen that much from Spiderman and Detroit:bh even though they are due out in a similar time frame as C3.

If c3 comes out in august they will probably stat seeing more in june.

As for the quality of C3, it looks similar to the previous ones, which at the time I didnt see the appeal, yet they sill had there audience(well the first one did).

I think most people bought Crackdown 1 for the Halo 3 beta... ( Me included)
The game was not bad for the time but Crackdown 3 needs to update the gameplay a bit.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The game was not bad for the time but Crackdown 3 needs to update the gameplay a bit.

Being a big GTA fan I found crackdown rather shallow and didnt like the art style.
However the multiplayer building destruction in 3 looks amazing.

ReBurn

Gold Member

Possibly, but a lot of those people absolutely loved Crackdown multi-player. I bought Crackdown because of the pre-release demo. I fired up the Halo 3 beta exactly once, but put it down to go back to Crackdown co-op. Crackdown co-op was better than the Halo 3 beta, IMO.

Droxcy

I'm hoping it's not a complete flop. I was really looking forward back when it was first brought up, I guess we will have to wait and see. Most likely will get delayed again sadly.

Codes 208

Crackdown was a surprise hit, i got it as a "halo 3 beta plus a free game" type of purchase but holy hell did it ever exceed my expectations. Its open world super hero vs drug dealing gang members (plus co-op) made it a stand out game last gen for me that hasnt quite been topped in that playstyle. SR4 tries, but i never could get into that one, felt like a try-hard gta meets the matrix.

Crackdown 2 was bland though. The lack of direction or interesting enemies wasnt saved by its 4 player co-op.

Crackdown 3 was all about the hype when i first saw the reveal trailer. But now idk. The last few gameplay reveals were very underwhelming (the artstyle of 1 is fine, but the game looked like 1 graphically and that in itself was dissappointing.)

Dimorphic

As a massive fan of the original Crackdown I was hyped for this but the longer we’ve waited the less hope I hold for it to all come together into a great package.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Crackdown was a surprise hit, i got it as a "halo 3 beta plus a free game" type of purchase but holy hell did it ever exceed my expectations. Its open world super hero vs drug dealing gang members (plus co-op) made it a stand out game last gen for me that hasnt quite been topped in that playstyle. SR4 tries, but i never could get into that one, felt like a try-hard gta meets the matrix.

Crackdown 2 was bland though. The lack of direction or interesting enemies wasnt saved by its 4 player co-op.

Crackdown 3 was all about the hype when i first saw the reveal trailer. But now idk. The last few gameplay reveals were very underwhelming (the artstyle of 1 is fine, but the game looked like 1 graphically and that in itself was dissappointing.)
Crackdown 2 was phoned in. It was so disappointing after the first one.

Artistic

Would say most people brought Crackdown as it was one of the first exclusives that showcased the power of the 360. The Halo 3 beta was just to sweeten the deal.

Don't know if the original sold that well, but it's done enough to justify it being a viable IP for MS.

Codes 208

Would say most people brought Crackdown as it was one of the first exclusives that showcased the power of the 360. The Halo 3 beta was just to sweeten the deal.

Don't know if the original sold that well, but it's done enough to justify it being a viable IP for MS.
But it came out after games like kameo, oblivion, call of duty 2 & 3, pgr3, dead rising and gears of war which were what showcased next gen at the time. Everyone i knew (myself included) definitely bought it for the beta or later on because the free demo was actually fun as hell.

I can wait.

Honestly, if they just remade Crackdown 1 with a new city and some new gameplay mechanics, I'd be completely satisfied. Crackdown 1 sits comfortably amongst my top ten games of last gen.

The original is still an outstanding game. Whether you're just hunting down orbs or maxing out your abilities to become a total super hero who can jump over building in a single bound, it's amazing fun. It also had one of the greatest game demos of all time. They should really add that in as a seperate mode into Crackdown 3. Having a fixed time limit and a radically increased rate of levelling up makes for some hectic and incredibly addictive fun.

My only disappointment is that the original hasn't been added to the BC list.

Crackdown 3 is still a thing?

Yes.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I can wait.

Honestly, if they just remade Crackdown 1 with a new city and some new gameplay mechanics, I'd be completely satisfied. Crackdown 1 sits comfortably amongst my top ten games of last gen.

The original is still an outstanding game. Whether you're just hunting down orbs or maxing out your abilities to become a total super hero who can jump over building in a single bound, it was amazing fun. It also had one of the greatest game demos of all time. They should really add that in as a seperate mode into Crackdown 3. Having a fixed time limit and a radically increased rate of levelling up makes for some hectic and incredibly addictive fun.

My only disappointment is that the original hasn't been added to the BC list.

Yes.
They're no doubt holding it as Xbox One X enhanced BC pre-order bait.

Codes 208

it's going to be a cold day in hell if crackdown 3 turns out to be bad while they had no problem canceling scalebound
I feel at this point its more expected than anything. Scalebound was a cool idea but the designs were meh and the gameplay looked mediocre. I honestly believe that game was gonna flop from the moment we saw it at e3

08qsnZE.gif

Serioisly shitty necro post i know thats rude but got legit excited.

But to keep to the post spring runs all the way till june so im guessing which im not thrilled about is at e3 we'll et a aug relase date so another delay but the first two games will be added to bc after the confrence plus they are pre-order bonuses. What will really piss me off is if cd 1 and 2 will release with 3 at this point they better be before.

I feel at this point its more expected than anything. Scalebound was a cool idea but the designs were meh and the gameplay looked mediocre. I honestly believe that game was gonna flop from the moment we saw it at e3
They could have keep delaying the game till they polish it like what Microsoft is hopefully doing with Crackdown 3. Though it didn't help that Platinum was working on other games but I have no idea which of their teams worked on scalebound

Last edited:

Codes 208

They could have keep delaying the game till they polish it like what Microsoft is hopefully doing with Crackdown 3. Though it didn't help that Platinum was working on other games but I have no idea which of their teams worked on scalebound
The biggest difference here is that crackdown is a first party ip being done in-house. Scalebound was a third party exclusive. Who knows what fully went down, but eventually they decided to stop dumping money on a game that wasnt looking very hot to begin with.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Not really, because any copy of the OG crackdown would work.
My point is that no OG copies of Crackdown will work until Microsoft makes it BC. Any my guess is that Microsoft will do with Crackdown what they did with Gears. They'll tie BC release to the release of the new game and give free copies of the first two as a preorder bonus. Sure, people who have a copy will be able to play it once it becomes BC. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
My point is that no OG copies of Crackdown will work until Microsoft makes it BC. Any my guess is that Microsoft will do with Crackdown what they did with Gears. They'll tie BC release to the release of the new game and give free copies of the first two as a preorder bonus. Sure, people who have a copy will be able to play it once it becomes BC. But that wasn't what I was talking about.

More of a pre order perk then a pre order incentive.
Having the og crackdown as a preorder bonus will not increase the sales of C3.
People who only want the og crackdown will either cancel the pre order or if its a code included in c3, they will jist buy a cheap copy of the og crackdown.
So its not bait.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Jesus christ what madman would have accepted that contract.

MS had originally passsed on a sequel.

Can’t remember the story about what changed and at the last minute they greenlit one but Realtime had moved on to APB after CD2 was originally knocked back.

A few ex-Realtime formed Ruffian and took the option. Under the circumstances they did a great job in my opinion.

That’s my recollection of the how the story went anyway. Hopefully someone here knows it better than I.

Top Bottom