• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy coming to Switch/Xbox One/PC July 10

Remember telling a coworker that it'll be coming to other platforms soon since it doesn't have the console/PS4 exclusive stamp on it.. he didn't believe me... if I could see his face now :) glad others will get to finally play this, such a great collection and had a great load of fun playing it. Will be buying the Switch version just to support the game so that we'll get more Crash games.
We've been able to support the game for 8 months.

I think these multiplatform releases are just extra sales.

Oemenia

Banned
For the love of God, please fix the controls, these games are almost no fun to play because of all the added issues.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Those asking about crash resolution, well, think of it this way. The problem with the mid gen upgrades is a weak CPU. But the actual systems, even the Pro, are half decent GPU power houses. Crash however, is a very, very CPU light game. Its not really doing anything more than what was needed on PSOne.

There isn't really any reason, as far as I can tell, that the game cant just be 4k on on xbox one X. Maybe even 4k60.

Now, the real test will be whether or not Activision and the like bother to do a proper port and take full advantage of the system. They could just dump out a bare bones port, same as Monster Hunter World, that not only doesn't take advantage of the X but in some ways is actually worse. The reason Monster Hunter World is actually a bit worse than than PS4Pro version is simple: It was based on the xbox one version. The draw distance, lod, visual settings etc match the base hardware. They simply increased resolution. Its one of the worst xbox one x releases I think I've seen... Thenpro version as comparison was based on the PS4 version, which was higher fidelity than the Xbox one version. And so, with just a minimum effort res bump, meant it actually had more visual features than the X. Silly. Lazy. But I expect no less from Japanese devs, as the Xbox brand is toxic there.

But anyway, I'm getting off topic. Short version: Crash should, in theory, have no real reason it cant run AT LEAST in 4k on xbox one x, and more than likely 4k60. But it depends on the job they are willing to do, and how quick a buck they want to make...

Last edited:
if a game released originally on one console, it should remain exclusive to that console, even if the sequels came to other consoles which is a bad thing in my opinion, if they wanted to remake the original game which was released on one console, they should stick to the original platform because that's where it belongs

i'm not talking about who owns the IP, i know that they can release it on whatever they want, but it doesn't feel right, imagine Microsoft stepping out of the console market( might happen soon thanks to the fusion of Xbox and PC) and then they start releasing their games to all platforms, Halo on Playstation and Nintendo won't feel right

i'm sure many will agree with me they are just afraid to come out and say it, and to prove that, remember what happened with Rise of the Tomb raider when it was announced as an Xbox exclusive ? everyone freaked out because Tomb Raider started on Playstation so if it's gonna be an exclusive it better be on it's original home, and when Crash trilogy was announced as an exclusive to Playstation, everyone was fine with it because Crash's home is the playstation

you can disagree with me all you want, that's just my opinion

Wait so in your opinion Final Fantasy and Metal Gear should only be on Nintendo consoles?

Those asking about crash resolution, well, think of it this way. The problem with the mid gen upgrades is a weak CPU.... SNIP

Spot on, as usual. It should run at higher than 1440p on the Pro, to be fair. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we just got the 1440p PS4 Pro version ported to the X. 4k should be a walk in the park, technically. But we all know Activision.

I'm very likely to purchase this when it comes to the Switch, even though I already own it for PS4, but it's going to depend on the port and how it handles. And the price, because it was a great purchase on PS4 at its release price. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

Codes 208

I don’t see why it won’t be, it has more power than Pro. glad I waited.
Because 4k is around 2.2x the resolution of 1440p (which is what the pro plays it at) the xbox one x is only around 40% stronger than the pro. While not impossible to get it at 4k, its more likely they'll settle somewhere between 1600p-1800p or perhaps a 1440p/60fps mode and 900p on the standard xbox one

Last edited:

JaffeLion

Banned
Because 4k is around 2.2x the resolution of 1440p (which is what the pro plays it at) the xbox one x is only around 40% stronger than the pro. While not impossible to get it at 4k, its more likely they'll settle somewhere between 1600p-1800p or perhaps a 1440p/60fps mode and 900p on the standard xbox one

there are games, where we saw a resolution increase +100% from ps4 pro to xbox one x.

Codes 208

there are games, where we saw a resolution increase +100% from ps4 pro to xbox one x.
Examples are few and far between though, plus this is activision, i kinda doubt we are going to see them fully optimize for the X. I would like to be wrong though.

Andyliini

The game's release on new platforms has been brought forward by 1,5 weeks. It now releases on June 29:

Earlier it clashed with Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Octopath Traveler on Switch, now it clashes with Ys VIII and Wolfenstein instead. What do you think, good or bad decision?

Ar¢tos

Thats not even a proper comparison. MS owns halo, flat out. Its their IP. Sony sold the rights of crash and spyro to activision.
Errr.... Sony never owned the rights to any of those IPs...
Both Crash and Spyro belonged to Universal that was later bought by Activision.
IIRC Sony owns Crash Team Racing IP and the publishing rights for Crash 1 to 3.

Last edited:

Codes 208

1322972786068.jpg

Seems like a minor correction to bump my comment from 2 months ago

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

Hm I doubt it. Wouldn’t Sony otherwise block the release on other platforms, especially Xbox One? I mean if you think about their opinion about not joining up on cross play with MS, wouldn’t the obvious choice not to release the game on Xbox One as well?

Hm I doubt it. Wouldn’t Sony otherwise block the release on other platforms, especially Xbox One? I mean if you think about their opinion about not joining up on cross play with MS, wouldn’t the obvious choice not to release the game on Xbox One as well?
The original games are indeed tied to Sony.

But N. Sane Trilogy is its own thing developed and published by Activision, so beyond the timed exclusivity on PS4 other platforms are free to have it.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The original games are indeed tied to Sony.

But N. Sane Trilogy is its own thing developed and published by Activision, so beyond the timed exclusivity on PS4 other platforms are free to have it.

But the originals games are in the trilogy remaster, so shouldn’t Sony be able to block it to other platforms?

Ar¢tos

Seems like a minor correction to bump my comment from 2 months ago
lol sorry, I didn't realise the thread had been brought back from the dead, didn't look at post dates.
But the originals games are in the trilogy remaster, so shouldn’t Sony be able to block it to other platforms?
Sony can control any attempts of re-releasing the original games, they own the publishing rights but not the content, so Activision is free to recreate the content how they want and for whatever platforms they want.

Last edited:
The trilogy is based off of the original games, but not the PS1 games themselves.

It would be different if this was a port of the original games.

Wow I can’t cant believe it, people here were telling me a while back that no way it would come to Xbox. Definitely a welcome addition

Legit surprised to read that the thing was 1440p on Pro...Think that X can make it to 4K the extra power and ram should help.

Will be interesting to see how Spyro turns out (im more personally excited for that one)

Night.Ninja

Banned
Anyone going to buy a download code from cdkeys ? Currently 29.99 not sure if I should buy now or wait closer to release

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Be warned loding times on the pro are like 20 seconds

Top Bottom