• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has sold-in over 10 million units

Evilms

Banned
Crazy numbers, I think it should be at least 5-6 millions on PS4 alone.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
I still remember when folk said, Crash was no good, who asked for this...It's just nostalgia talking......It wouldn't sell.. etc......

-MD-

Neat.

Since they purposely delayed the PC version I'm waiting for it to hit like $10 before I grab it.

thelastword

Banned
I think the PS4 had the bigger numbers by a fair bit, but it sold very well on Switch too.....Switch is most likely in second place.....

For reference.....PS4 alone sold over 2.5 million Units in a space of 3 months and it's been a whole year and a half after that figure...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...-over-2-5-million-copies-on-ps4/#370fbdbc5a70
Yeah there is no question PS4 definitely has the largest % by quite a bit since the game was a massive success when still a exclusive, but I'm curious on Switch since it's still tracking high.

LMJ

Gee, with all that success maybe it's time to think about a new game in the franchise hmmm Activision?:messenger_winking:

Evilms

Banned
Thought it would be the same number between PS4 and Switch.

Impossible that it could be the same numbers between the PS4 and the Switch. Most Crash fans have all bought it on PS4 even when it was exclusive in 2017.

Last edited:

onQ123

Impossible that it could be the same numbers between the PS4 and the Switch. Most Crash fans have all bought it on PS4 even when it was exclusive in 2017.

My nephew has it on Switch he has no idea about Crash's history on PlayStation , Also this was the 1st time that some of these Crash games appeared on a Nintendo console so it gave the hardcore Nintendo fans a chance to play the older Crash games that used to be PlayStation only.

People putting Switch over Xbox must not have been paying attention to sales charts.

Also if 10 shipped in is true then that would be at most 1 million would be on shelves or less. So 9 million minimum for units actually sold through.

Regardless this would make N.sane the best selling Crash game. Which Seems a bit odd because that would mean all the other versions met or exceeded the PS4 version in a shorter amount of time then the PS4. Seems a bit weird.

thelastword

Banned
People putting Switch over Xbox must not have been paying attention to sales charts.
I know XBOX sold some decent copies too, but I think such a game would do better on a Nintendo console than XBOX......Yet, if you have some XBOX numbers, please provide them.....

Regardless this would make N.sane the best selling Crash game. Which Seems a bit odd because that would mean all the other versions met or exceeded the PS4 version in a shorter amount of time then the PS4. Seems a bit weird.
The PS4 version did not stop selling in September 2017......It kept selling boatloads, which includes; the other 3 months in 2017, the entirety of 2018 and and of course in 2019 so far.....Before all of that, it had already sold 2.5 million on PS4 alone...So you have about 1 Year and 5 months of unaccounted/unspecified PS4 sales to add to that 2.5 million figure..

I know XBOX sold some decent copies too, but I think such a game would do better on a Nintendo console than XBOX......Yet, if you have some XBOX numbers, please provide them.....

The PS4 version did not stop selling in September 2017......It kept selling boatloads, which includes; the other 3 months in 2017, the entirety of 2018 and and of course in 2019 so far.....Before all of that, it had already sold 2.5 million on PS4 alone...So you have about 1 Year and 5 months of unaccounted/unspecified PS4 sales to add to that 2.5 million figure..

You missed the point. Crash is at 10 million shipped. That would mean that the non-ps4 versions sold more than the original PS4 version or sold the same in less time despite the game being a PS4 exclusive for an extended period of time and most older Crash fans being on PS.

We know the PS4 version dudnt sell 6 million or more so the other 5 million + copies had to come from the other 3 systems. I just find it odd in a very short amount of time the other late versions combined got close to the likely PS4 ltd.

I mean it could have happened, I just find that weird.

Fox Mulder

It's great and well done, pretty much makes the originals obsolete. Tapped into that nostalgia perfectly and then they followed up with Spyro and Crash Team Racing.

I'd love to see them try a new original game using the assets. I really had fun getting the platinum trophy and doing the relic time trials.

The vast majority of these sales must be from PS4, at least 50%. It sold through 2.5m on PS4 alone in three months and never stopped selling as it was consistently in the top 20, in the UK, the top 10 almost until it launched on other platforms with a whole set of merchandise that honestly gave crash a boost on PS4 again. I would put switch sales at 2-2.5m in a six month period seems reasonable. But there's no real idea until we get a proper breakdown.

To put things in perspective Crash N sane trilogy has become the best selling Crash Bandicoot game of all time If this is valid, and that would be less than 2 years after release.

It has also likely outsold a lot of this boards favorite games From Final Fantasy, Souls, Sonic, Grand Turismo, Forza, Beyond, Until Dawn, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc.

Crash selling over 10 makes it among the biggest sellers this gen. In 2019. I bet you many people here didnt think Crash would be a major relevant franchise in 2019 outselling popular AAA favorites. People havent really been posting in this thread, bit I think it's because people dont understand what these sales mean.

This is a much bigger deal than the forum is displaying.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Love seeing this. Goes to show just how big the videogame market place is that a game like Crash Trilogy can sell 10 million in a year and a half.

Top Bottom