• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy runs at 1440p@30fps on PS4 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I thought the rule was unless it's Platinum Game, most devolpers if not all will choose to push for more visuals than framerate?

mindatlarge

I don't own a Pro, but I think this game running at 1440p @30fps on it is less about the technical limitations of the Pro and more about the developers not putting the effort into achieving anything better than that. I have a hard time believing they couldn't do better considering how beefy the Pro is and how that should translate into performance in terms of running a remake of a PS1 game at max settings.

Maybe I'm way off base, but just my two cents.

leeh

I don't own a Pro, but I think this game running at 1440p @30fps on it is less about the technical limitations of the Pro and more about the developers not putting the effort into achieving anything better than that. I have a hard time believing they couldn't do better considering how beefy the Pro is and how that should translate into performance in terms of running a remake of a PS1 game at max settings.

Maybe I'm way off base, but just my two cents.
You're way off base.

dracula_x

30 fps? at seems people don't care, at least in UK.

best-selling games on Amazon UK in 2017 so far:

hEc5rno.png

and hourly chart

Hektor

At least we've moved past the "nobody really wants Crash" stuff to thinly veiled port begging.

Actually I am really curious how this will do.
I also think it might end up as a timed exclusive, which would be a good thing.

I think we all forgot that Crash was never good in the first place guis

This is a very faithful homage to the originals. 30fps is fine. If we get a future Crash 4 from VV and it's not 60fps, then concerns would be acceptable.

They should make it even more faithful and use the original graphics!

Jazzem

Nothing wrong with wanting 60fps in an action orientated game, though if it doesn't bother you then that's fine! Don't feel that has to dilute your excitement for the game. I'm personally gutted alas, I want my modern platformers to be 60fps and it's especially a shame after the first trailer was at that frame rate. I'll still have fun playing it over a friend's house, and if it reaches PC down the road (I don't have a PS4) I'll certainly pick it up then :)

Tapejara

I am a bit disappointed they couldn't hit 60 for the remake, but the originals played fine at 30 so I'm not too hung up on it. That said, if Sony/Acti/VV decide to do CTR next I really hope they'll aim for 60.

AHA-Lambda

30 fps? at seems people don't care, at least in UK.

best-selling games on Amazon UK in 2017 so far:

and hourly chart

Having a 30fps famerate doesn't impact game sales. It hasn't this entire gen, and longer. The average consumer doesn't know or care.

alexbull_uk

60fps would have been amazing, but I'll take how great this looks at 30.

Especially considering I originally played it on a PAL PS1, so at 25fps.

Pre-order sales over at EU PSN paint a positive picture. The amount of ratings (=completed sale+review) it has is quite close to Destiny 2 numbers and WAYYYY above (as in 10x or more) any other summer releases like Wipeout, Sonic, Morrowind, Dirt 4 or Final Fantasy. Of course it's possible that Crash just has extremely rabid fanbase I guess lol.

Ganado

The games were made by Naughty Dog as a Playstation exclusive. While the brand isn't, the incarnations of the games that the N-Sane trilogy is directly based off of, are owned by Sony.

If it was on Switch, XBOX etc, then that'd have to be something Sony would need to sign off on, because they're based the meshes from the original game, created by Naughty Dog, owned by Sony.

That's why, for me it would be quite weird to see it anywhere else. It would be like Sunset Overdrive appearing on PS4, it wouldn't make sense. Microsoft don't own the property, but the do own the original game.

If it were another Crash game, a title, then I would expect to see it on other platforms. But as it is, I wouldn't expect to see the N-Sane trilogy anywhere else unless you think that's what Sony wanted out of the deal - which to me, does seem unlikely.
Sony/Naughty Dog owns the source code, not the game. They remade the game so that Sony wouldn't own it.

Happy here. Going to look smashing on my 4K Sammy

The game is gorgeous. I really don't see the problem with this.

People who bought a PS4 Pro... has it been worth it really?

The Surge in 1620p ...

PS Pro is such a let down imo.

Hell no and I don't like Horizon

Considering I paid $150 after trade just for things like DS3 high frame rate it's so worth it. And The Surge Indoor environments are crack for the eyes

Neo_Geo

Banned
Any reason why?

To feel justified about supporting an extremely closed platform that isn't at least somewhat unique like Nintendo.

1080p60 should have been at least an option. Something tells me that the weak CPU is holding this game back from reaching 60 no matter the HD resolution, so a bump in said graphical aspect is the only thing that can be done to have a bullet point worth mentioning on the back of the box.

1080p60 should have been at least an option. Something tells me that the weak CPU is holding this game back from reaching 60 no matter the HD resolution, so a bump in said graphical aspect is the only thing that can be done to have a bullet point worth mentioning on the back of the box.

Or maybe not everyone cares about frame rate as much as the snobs on this board.

The future and focus for most consumers and yes, even most gamers, is 4K not 60 FPS. Some of you guys need to start getting used to that idea or go PC only.

The game is gorgeous. I really don't see the problem with this.

People who bought a PS4 Pro... has it been worth it really?

Yup, game looks gorgeous and especially if they can get it to locked 30 so that it's smooth. That's all the vast majority care about, that it's not messy and inconsistent.

Yes it has. Though some games don't use it as well as others of course.

I thought the rule was unless it's Platinum Game, most devolpers if not all will choose to push for more visuals than framerate?

Briarios

I played the demo on a Best Buy kiosk ... It looked amazing and was incredibly smooth. It's not a big deal. The level of detail increase from the ps1 is amazing.

60fps would have been nice but 30 is never going to be a deal breaker for me. I would miss out on countless great games if that was a requirement.

BigEmil

Guess PS4Pro is still not strong enough

Well hopefully pc /scorpio edition is 60fps
Its not about power its about dev design choices priorities and you know that.

They could've easily opted for 60fps on Pro if they wanted to

SNURB

Jesus Christ, what's the big deal if it's 60 fps or not? The originals weren't 60 so why are people complaining now? As long as it plays good, I'm sold.

I've played the demo and lemme say that it's runs smooth and is very crisp so I don't think anyone will moan about it being smoother than that.

Hektor

Jesus Christ, what's the big deal if it's 60 fps or not? The originals weren't 60 so why are people complaining now? As long as it plays good, I'm sold.

The originals also hadn't had these shiny graphics or full HD support, might as well throw them out too!

Damn, that's disappointing. Crash was never my thing, but I wanted to support the release anyway and maybe have some fun with it. I'll never buy another platformer that isn't 60fps in this day and age though. Oh well, hope those who are still in enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom