• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy Trophy List Goes Up, Teases CTR Pretty Heavily

wapplew

Dream game....Sumo makes Playstation Team Racing

Edit: Sumo is working on a bunch of stuff right now i cant imagine they would be taking on another game realistically

We dream that same dream, say hi to me next time you are in it.

dreamfall

Would kill for a new CTR! This tease got me hype! I definitely was one of those many who played more CTR on the PS1 than MK throughout my entire lifetime... I love MK8, but excited to see what kind of competition a good kart racer can bring!

ZeoVGM

Banned
I hate MK8D and noone will listen to me. You all think I'm crazy. But it's all of YOU. YOURE THE CRAZY ONES!!!11

giphy.gif

To be fair, you hate the best kart game ever so...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Why are some taking this to mean / think other people thinks this is a tease for it to be included in the package? I'm taking it as tease for an upcoming separate release.

Crayon

Why are some taking this to mean / think other people thinks this is a tease for it to be included in the package? I'm taking it as tease for an upcoming separate release.

I could see it going either way. But more likely a follow up project thanks to strong reaction to the crash trilogy. If it's a surprise in the package, that would be a pretty big surprise.

silva1991

CTR would be the best news but then it would also be soul killing after the realisation that PS Plus would be required to play it online thus I would be missing out on the main thing to be excited about for it.

Yeah that sucks. I have never subscribed to Plus and I'm not sure if CTR will convince me to

Zubz

Banned
Or maybe it's fan service without meaning.

Again, this is the most likely reason. The reaction here alone's enough to prove that CTR Remastered would sell gangbusters, but even if it's coming, they just might be trying to load us up on nostalgia & come up with more Trophy titles from this era of the series.

Also... People liked Crash Bash?

Again, this is the most likely reason. The reaction here alone's enough to prove that CTR Remastered would sell gangbusters, but even if it's coming, they just might be trying to load us up on nostalgia & come up with more Trophy titles from this era of the series.

Also... People liked Crash Bash?

Crash Bash is good

Tizoc

Is it july yet? This game unlocks for me on july 1st cuz i gotta wait for stupid america time to catch up with the rest of the civilized world =_=

Onder if these games will finally be my first platinums in 3 years...well at least crAsh 1 and 2 :p

Never owned a PS1 so I never played these games.

Am I missing out? What do they compare to?
They are simple 3d platformers
By simple i mean that they have sets of hazards, enemies and obstacles to overcome as you complete a stage, ith the owverall structure easy for one to overcome

PSqueak

Banned
Btw for CTR fans you should really try Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed. Some real good kart racing for those without Nintendo consoles.

It's also good for those with nintendo consoles: 5 player local multiplayer on the wii u and those 5 players can go online!

big fake

I hate MK8D and noone will listen to me. You all think I'm crazy. But it's all of YOU. YOURE THE CRAZY ONES!!!11

giphy.gif

I agree that CTR is the best KART Racer, but MK8D is also great. No need to kick one down for another.

Why can't we have both?!?

PSqueak

Banned
Can someone explain what makes CTR so superior? How does it play different than MK?

Mechanically superior to the Mario Kart of the time (64) with skill rewarding gameplay and less rubberbanding, tight power drifting mechanics (now standard to most kart racer and better implemented than MK64) and Diddy Kong Racing style single player campaign.

maxcriden

Never owned a PS1 so I never played these games.

Am I missing out? What do they compare to?

As Tizoc says they are straightforward platformers, except in 3D rather than 2D. They're linear rather than open world. I played them for the first time (well, the first two) a couple years ago and absolutely loved them. Excellent level design and lots of reasons to replay levels for 100%.

As Tizoc says they are straightforward platformers, except in 3D rather than 2D. They're linear rather than open world. I played them for the first time (well, the first two) a couple years ago and absolutely loved them. Excellent level design and lots of reasons to replay levels for 100%.

And the level of sheer improvement to Crash 1 in the trilogy bringing it up to 2 and 3's level makes it even better... I'd honestly say Crash 1 has a chance to be my favorite of the 3 just by how much it's improved over the original. VV nailed Crash 1.

So for those of you who have never played Crash, yes, N.Sane Trilogy is absolutely your stepping-on point.

maxcriden

And the level of sheer improvement to Crash 1 in the trilogy bringing it up to 2 and 3's level makes it even better... I'd honestly say Crash 1 has a chance to be my favorite of the 3 just by how much it's improved over the original. VV nailed Crash 1.

Most definitely! We went to BB to try a demo a month or so ago and we were blown away by how good it looked and felt.

Frillen

Why do 50 % of all posts in CTR threads consist of "CTR is better than MK" or "CTR is the best cart racer ever". Honestly, have any of you actually played any or all the Mario Kart games?

Rizzi

Why do 50 % of all posts in CTR threads consist of "CTR is better than MK" or "CTR is the best cart racer ever". Honestly, have any of you actually played any or all the Mario Kart games?

Yes. That's why people think it's better than MK.

Frillen

Yes. That's why people think it's better than MK.

I honestly doubt it. I doubt any or very few of them have actually played the majority of MK titles. Personally I would put three MK titles over CTR, MK8/MK8D, MKDS and MK3DS. MK8D is just the absolute king.

PSqueak

Banned

I have played all mario karts with the sole exceptions of Super Circuit and 7.

CTR was better than the MK games at the time of it's realese, it was the middle ground between DKR and MK gameplay wise but extremely polished and tuned up.

It's not hard to believe a remastered, tuned up version could be at least in the same league of MK 8.

You accuse people of not playing MK games because they say CTR is good, you only show you never played CTR.

VeeP

I've played Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, and Mario Kart 3DS. Haven't bought a Switch yet but hopefully next year, I loved 3DS and I'm sure I'll love Mario Kart 8.

With that said, CTR is great. Maybe it's the nostalgia. But the great maps, secret pathways, and fun story mode made the game great. It's a shame Naughtydog never had a chance to make another sequel to CTR. Years later and people still prefer it to modern Kart games.

Top Bottom