• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creatives, how will you spend your time if lockdown is in effect due to the Corona Virus?

Im a studio portrait photographer and high end retoucher. Obviously most of my time I spend in Photoshop but now that slowly places are getting shut down, there will be less options to go outside so I started to think, what could I do new or different to keep myself active since a lot of people as well will be working from home or are sent on an unpaid leave for awhile. First thing I did was add a fresh gig on my Fiverr account as I really didnt pay much attention to it so thought I should start all over again. Next, I was thinking of making a Twitch account and just stream myself working in photoshop. I know its kind of a niche area on Twitch, anything that isn't games or thots but it really doesnt cost me anything because either way I have to edit those photos with or without an audience. So Im looking at it as something to do for fun, if anyone shows up, great I can chat while I edit, if not, photo will still be worked on. And one more thing, I want to learn a completely new skill (still sticking to photoshop editing). Maybe try doing composites where I add the subjects to a completely different setting and lighting.

Heres my website if anyone is interested: www.aeongaiden.com

Oh and I started making short videos of my before and after works. Everybody sees the final product but they dont see what it took to get there:

How about you guys? Anyone gonna become a painter or new streamer, make music....hone their skills in other creative fields etc?

I only started learning how to do music production about 6 months ago. I'm a multi-instrumentalist who has been playing for years but want to expand my skill set. I've just been doing covers to learn mixing techniques and what not. When we lock down I feel pretty good about being able to record and mix at least 2 covers a week.

I'm hoping to release some original music by the end of the year but I don't want to put anything out until I can make it sound good. No sense blowing my load if my productions sound like shit, it would be a disservice to myself

GHG

Probably going to finally get round to focusing on a couple of RoR side projects I've had in mind for a while. If they go well then I'll move away from Django all together and develop all my future paid projects in Rails.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yesterday i got drunk and recorded a cover of "Free Falling" by Tom Petty. it's pretty sloppy but whatever it was something fun to do. i do better, more focused stuff but i just needed to get this out of my system. something to do in a lazy Saturday afternoon.

if you want to listen this will be available to download for the next 30 days:

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
Blender for 3d models and 3d printing afterwards. Post processing and painting. Chews up ungodly amounts of time.

Other than that classical guitar and singing.

I'm just going to work on my drawings and probably try to avoid eating chips during these times of crisis... I wanna see how long I'd last without eating my addiction. Also have my emergency suit and equipment when things go balls deep down.

JordanN

Banned
Working on 3D Models.

6eUrueX.png

Top Bottom