• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creator of Ragnorok Online interview (want your input)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
We (gamedaily.com) have an interview coming up shortly with the creator of Ragnorok Online, and we figured we might as well give you guys an opportunity to get some of your questions answered as well. The primary focus of the interview is anime's influence on gaming.

With that in mind, what do you guys want us to ask him? The best questions you guys pose will go straight into our interview. Keep in mind what the focus of the interview is, although you're welcome to pose us any questions to pose to him.

Zaptruder

Banned
Q: What are your thoughts about the competition in the MMORPG industry? Especially when compared to your own BIG PIECE OF SHIT?

GDJustin

Zaptruder said:
Q: What are your thoughts about the competition in the MMORPG industry? Especially when compared to your own BIG PIECE OF SHIT?

The interview is with the creator of the ANIME, not the game. At least I'm fairly sure. I'll double check, but I think that's right.

EDIT: Yes, it's the creator of the anime.

Zaptruder

Banned
GDJustin said:
The interview is with the creator of the ANIME, not the game. At least I'm fairly sure. I'll double check, but I think that's right.

EDIT: Yes, it's the creator of the anime.

In that case, ask what Wario64 asks :)

GDJustin

Maybe a more.... diplomatic way to put that question would be "Out of all the intellectual property out there, what was it about RO that caught your eye and inpsired you to create the series?" ;)

Zaptruder

Banned
GDJustin said:
Maybe a more.... diplomatic way to put that question would be "Out of all the intellectual property out there, what was it about RO that caught your eye and inpsired you to create the series?" ;)

If you can find a diplomatically correct way to say: "MONEY HATS!!! WAHAHAHRHARHARAR!" then you'll find your answer.

I admit I'm not much of a fan of Ragnarok either(cute 2D sprites though..).

Is it easier or more difficult to work with existing intellectual property when designing an animation? What are some of the issues that are exclusive to this sort of situation? Why did you decide to focus on the Ragnarok game rather than the comic?

How does he feel that anime has affected the gameplay, style, and storylines in games? What are considered transferrable elements (or the "essence") of an anime?

Why has the anime artwork style been adopted for so many video games?
Does he feel that anime has been gaining more widespread acceptance/visibility in part due to the existance of the anime style that has been present in numerous Japanese videogames? Why have people outside of Japan been more quick to embrace the contemporary anime art/style within a videogame context rather than in the form of an animation?

talk about blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and blocks and bricks and bricks and trucks and trucks and tracts and tracts and her hair is really distasteful, isn't it

GDJustin

Uncle Dukey said:
I admit I'm not much of a fan of Ragnarok either(cute 2D sprites though..).

Is it easier or more difficult to work with existing intellectual property when designing an animation? What are some of the issues that are exclusive to this sort of situation? Why did you decide to focus on the Ragnarok game rather than the comic?

How does he feel that anime has affected the gameplay, style, and storylines in games? What are considered transferrable elements (or the "essence") of an anime?

Why has the anime artwork style been adopted for so many video games?
Does he feel that anime has been gaining more widespread acceptance/visibility in part due to the existance of the anime style that has been present in numerous Japanese videogames? Why have people outside of Japan been more quick to embrace the contemporary anime art/style within a videogame context rather than in the form of an animation?

Thanks for the Qs. Glad someone had something legit to ask, lol. At least some of those should make their way in.

Top Bottom