• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowbcat - Gears 5 lacks weight and intensity

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
i never thought i would say this but Gears 5 is actually a good game but the bugs are awful.

Why won't crowb adress the real issue here. ALL LOADING goes through their servers. Imagine dying and it taking 7min to load and then it crashes.
wAT
WAT

TeamGhobad

Banned

I dont think this true.

It is cause it happened to me. Game was fine until i went open world and now it takes forever to load checkpoints. and it crashes and i have to start all over again.

people are reporting their collectibles going missing. and trying to end the game and going back to the meny takes about 6min sometimes no bullshit.

Last edited:

Belmonte

Saddens me I can't play Gears 2 and 3 on my PC to this day. I don't care about the "oooh, too grey!!!" haters, I love the aesthetic and the hyper masculinity vibe of the 360 games where everything is a bit bigger and louder than it should be. Feels like 40K + Contra to me.

Release the games on PC, Microsoft! I don't want to buy a 360 dammit!

Last edited:

DanielsM

Banned
Saddens me I can't play Gears 2 and 3 on my PC to this day. I don't care about the "oooh, too grey!!!" haters, I love the aesthetic and the hyper masculinity vibe of the 360 games where everything is a bit bigger and louder than it should be. Feels like 40K + Contra to me.

Release the games on PC, Microsoft! I don't want to buy a 360 dammit!

Campaign
GoW 1 > GoW 2 > GoW J > GoW 3

MP and other game modes
GoW 3 > GoW 2 > GoWJ > GoW1 (I'm saying all game modes outside of campaign, also GoW1/2 MP ran like dogshit even though they were fun as hell)

I would double dip a remastered of the original games if the Coalition isn't involved on my hardware of choice. Sucks hearing GoW5 has bug/glitch issues, to me the only issue I really had with Days Gone which was another Unreal title.

(the lack of hit reaction is pretty jarring)

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Gears 5 exceeds on weight and intensity. Proof: check any walkthrough, or play the game.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

It is cause it happened to me. Game was fine until i went open world and now it takes forever to load checkpoints. and it crashes and i have to start all over again.

people are reporting their collectibles going missing. and trying to end the game and going back to the meny takes about 6min sometimes no bullshit.

Yeah I can attest to the game having serious bugs. I literally got hit with the checkpoint glitch at least 10 times. It happens way more in the open world environment, I'm guessing because it saves more, and my collectables for act 2 and 3 just got wiped after one of the times it couldn't save.

Eventually I found out if you go offline it takes care of all the issues but I of course was near the end when I found out.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Yeah I can attest to the game having serious bugs. I literally got hit with the checkpoint glitch at least 10 times. It happens way more in the open world environment, I'm guessing because it saves more, and my collectables for act 2 and 3 just got wiped after one of the times it couldn't save.

Eventually I found out if you go offline it takes care of all the issues but I of course was near the end when I found out.

Welcome to Microsoft games in 2019.

Shifty

So you don’t own the game. Got it.
I don't need to own Gears 5 to comment on the differences when they're presented clearly in video format.

Got any more rubbish gotchas in that bag of fanboy tricks?

Funny how when a Xbox exclusive releases a single negative review warrants a freaking own thread...

With a Sony exclusive game people would never do this on NeoGAF
Posts like this are what give GAF's Xbox contingent a bad name. Could you be acting any more like a kicked puppy because your box of choice didn't kick ass and take names this generation? Pathetic.

There's video evidence right there in the OP, if you don't have anything to say about it then I suggest you go back to the OT where everything is sunshine and rainbows.

Shifty

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
tumblr_og2v9efEl01tfmrz4o1_400.gif

Every god damn day of my life.

For real though, how would owning the game change the fact that chainsawing a locust in 2 sounds like a gore explosion, but in 5 sounds like the violent tearing of paper?

JLMC469

Banned
tumblr_og2v9efEl01tfmrz4o1_400.gif

Every god damn day of my life.

For real though, how would owning the game change the fact that chainsawing a locust in 2 sounds like a gore explosion, but in 5 sounds like the violent tearing of paper?

The sound design in the game is excellent. Especially the environmental sounds, explosions and gun sounds.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Funny how when a Xbox exclusive releases a single negative review warrants a freaking own thread...

With a Sony exclusive game people would never do this on NeoGAF

You are right... they would create an entire thread dancing on the game’s grave early because of a few review scores and a week or so later have to eat crow as it becomes another strong seller (see Days Gone) or like they can reduce an entire game like TLoU 2 to just being about lesbians, etc... :LOL: whatever makes you sleep better ;)...

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
You are right... they would create an entire thread dancing on the game thread and a week or so later have to eat crow as it becomes another strong seller (see Days Gine) or like they can reduce an entire game like TLoU 2 to just being about lesbians, etc... :LOL: whatever makes you sleep better ;)...

Thy ate tons of crow with Days Gone and tons more with the trash destruction in Crackdown 3. Thy stay taking L's 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I knew something seemed less intense and lighter about GOW5 while playing it. Also, I encountered a terrible checkpoint glitch and had to do most of the level over. I’m still having a good time with it though so far.m though and it’s beautiful.

That is why 60fps is bad for story modes, It make games look like another yet online shooter with no sence of cinematic look.
30fps is the best choice for Uncharted, GeoW and other games.

I dont think the framerate has anything to do with sound design and the game feeling less impactful.

Seems just like the new studio has a different (worse) direction.

Otterz4Life

I think it's so funny how many people are triggered by his videos. A games presentation is a big part of the experience and what can set something apart.

This is absolutely a fair video. It's not like he's arguing the game is bad.
It’s okay to disagree with the video without being triggered.

The video is rather nit picky. They removed the shitty camera shake from the first one. That’s a positive in my mind.

Last edited:

carsar

I dont think the framerate has anything to do with sound design and the game feeling less impactful.
Seems just like the new studio has a different (worse) direction.
The sound design is not the only problem. geow2 looks heavier(because of 30fps and higher input lag) and it looks more cinematic no matter of worse technologies. Motion blur at 30fps make great job and it is more noticible at 30fps then at 60fps.
60fps are the best choice for competive, but for great single player experience I prefer GeoW 5 at true 4k 30fps with good ssr reflections, foliage with ambien occlusion and alot of high sampled motion blur.
So, e3 2018 looks great for me and I hope we will have option "4k 30fps true nextgen graphics" for ps5.
Uncontested focus on 4k 60fps in nextgen would be disaster for people who love visual quality and nextgen feelings.

I just bought 2, 3 and Judgment. Finished 1 and 4 on PC years ago. 4 lacked weight compared to 1. I wonder if it was a gradual change over the years.

Riven326

Banned
That is why 60fps are bad for story modes, It makes games look like another yet online shooter with no sence of cinematic look.
30fps is the best choice for Uncharted, GeoW and other games.
Having the option to toggle would be the best choice. Some people prefer a higher frame rate.

Top Bottom