• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowdfunding Thread - 2016 - The future of gaming on Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and FIG

I just wanted to share a few current board game Kickstarters with everyone, as aside from the amazing looking Dark Souls: The Board Game currently up, there are quite a few really awesome ones currently running their campaigns.

Sol: Last Days of a Star

This game looks like a work of art and has a tight rule-set while being deep and extremely thematic. I'm a sucker for sci-fi themed board games and I love the concept centering around a group of highly advanced civilizations attempting to escape their sun's imminent super nova, yet still requiring its energy to power their interstellar arks which only furthers to speed up their sun's destruction the more it's harvested.

ZIVvbMq.png

s4elqZM.jpg

Overview:

Sol: Last Days of a Star is a game of solar destruction and salvation for 2-5 players. Each player controls one of the worlds surrounding a star facing annihilation. For centuries these worlds have been living in utopia, fed by the seemingly boundless energy drawn from their star through a lattice of solar harvesting infrastructure. Suddenly this infrastructure is destroyed and their worlds are cast into darkness, their inhabitants facing imminent extinction.

Amidst the clamor, each world has built an Ark housing some small fraction of their population. Each Ark is now waiting at the edge of the solar system for the energy required to attain escape velocity before the final devastation hits. Unfortunately, the only possible source of such a great deal of energy is the dying star itself.

In the game, each player will be launching sundivers to rebuild just enough of the lost solar infrastructure needed to harvest and transmit energy back to their waiting Arks. In a final twist of irony, the process of extracting this energy will further compound the solar instability and hasten their Sun's ultimate demise.

Outlive

This seems like Fallout: The Board Game if there ever was one, all the way down to the "Fallout Shelter" player boards, with a pinch of The Last of Us style art direction. The mechanics seem really solid and I love the building construction/resource management elements that come with running your shelter, and the Heroes Pledge looks like an incredible bundle, complete with an incredible number of miniatures along with themed storage boxes to organize and store them all.

I4CNZIt.jpg

Sm9zCSK.jpg

Overview:

Outlive is a 1 (with unlocked stretch goals) to 4 player resource management game where players will compete for survival in a world reclaimed by nature. Its unique workers displacement mechanic will make you feel the struggle of your people as you if you were there. Gather your Tribe, build your strategy and always be ready to move before other Tribes or, failing that, turn their own actions against them. Resources are scarce and if you hesitate your people will go hungry…

After 3 Years of development and hundreds of play tests, Outlive is a game where:

• The presence of different events, leaders and rooms that are assigned to you at the beginning of the game, on top of the items you may find and the abilities you may unlock in your shelter ensure a lot of replayability!
  • All the time spent playtesting and balancing has produced a board game that provides a great challenge at the 2, 3 or 4 player level.
  • The unique, innovative and interactive movement system ensures that each move must be weighed against the availability of resources as well as presence both your own and other players’ scavenging parties.
  • The simple yet effective turn system means that gameplay remains fluid and you won’t have much time to reflect on your next move before play passes to you again.
  • A setting and theme that fits perfectly with the mechanics of the game.

Anachrony

I don't even know where to begin with this game. It's so dense with amazingly cool mechanics (Mech exosuits; time travel; a cataclysmic asteroid impact halfway through the game that triggers the climax, to name a few) that it's hard to sum up what seems so cool about this game, but I personally have not seen anything quite like it.

BBIEbEj.png

Overview:

Anachrony is a competitive, epic Euro-style strategy game with worker placement at its core, set in a grim future where Earth has been rebuilt along four different ideological Paths. The game is played through a series of Eras, with a time traveling twist - players can use Time Rifts to reach back to earlier Eras as the game progresses.

Players assume the roles of iconic leaders of the four ideological Paths, striving for the supremacy and prosperity of their people, and do everything they can to prepare for a game-changing event: after the fourth Era, an asteroid impact shakes Earth, threatening to destroy the World Capital, New Earth’s last independent city. When the time comes, the Paths can take their part in evacuating the collapsing Capital. In the end, one of the Paths will be the new home to the reformed World Council, and lead humanity to a brighter future.

Innovative worker placement with Exosuits

While your Workers can operate safely within your Path's perimeter, venturing out to a desolate, post-apocalyptic Earth is a dangerous undertaking. In Anachrony, you can use four different types of Workers, and certain Actions can only be used if they are protected by powered-up Exosuits. Workers and Exosuits are managed as separate systems, and both are required for success.

Ey2nWmW.gif

Resource Management through Time

Anachrony's smart time traveling mechanism allows players to request resources from their very own future at the beginning of each Era. These resources can greatly boost their progress, but as time passes, they will have to complete the loop by sending that resource back to their own past - the earlier turn. Failing to do so is a dangerous endeavor that may result in temporal Anomalies tearing up the present!

WH6NA0e.gif

Here are some missed in this thread so far.

Copper Dreams - Windows, Mac and Linux
A CRPG featuring cyber-espionage on the edge of the galaxy. Turn based combat with timed actions, stealth and chainsaw arms.

Fabular: Once upon a Spacetime - Windows, PS4 and XB1
As a young knight, go on an adventure in a surreal, storybook-like galaxy in your trusty spaceship. You need to be skillful in battle, upgrade and manage your ship well, and make the right choices during encounters. Only then will you be able to defeat the dreadful League of Black Knights who terrorize the realm.

Ilios: Betrayal of Gods - Windows, Mac and Linux
Play as Polites, the last survivor of the Trojan War. In his desire for revenge he wishes to find answers and eradicate the ones who destroyed the people he loved… Game of action and epic adventure, Ilios propels you into a mysterious and violent world where Polites will learn that the Gods are not what they claim to be.

Islands of Nyne: Battle Royale - Windows, Mac and Steam VR.
100 PLAYERS PER MATCH – kill, outrun, or consort your way to victory amongst 99 other players in timed matches that last up to 30 minutes. Match pace is set by a damage-inducing plasma field that is released from the perimeter of the map in stages, funneling players into progressively tighter combat situations.

Undead Darlings (2nd Try) - Windows, Mac, Linux and PS4
Journey with and learn more about a crew of half-zombie girls through visual novel sequences and as you crawl through dungeons, beating up twisted creatures that were born from the fall of society in fast-paced turn-based RPG combat, and ultimately deliver the only known cure for what ails your party members to a place where it can be mass produced!

Thanks 8 x 11, been kind of busy lately.

Aside from those, also added to Ongoing

Tower of Samsara
An immersive adventure which features intense platforming and battling, environment manipulation and puzzles, choices, unique art style and online colaborative components
Crfjblv.png

Midair
Ultra fast-paced first-person shooter featuring high-flying freedom of movement, physics-based weaponry, and impactful player choice.
UetgqeM.gif

Rogues Like Us
Rogues Like Us is a 3D hack n’ slash rogue-like that combines the gameplay of The Binding of Isaac with the combat of Bastion, and brings it all together with a story and progression system that are based on the weapons you find and use.
5Q1O5mq.jpg

UBOOT
UBOOT is a simulator of a submarine from WWII era, yet different than all you have seen so far. It is a survival sandbox with game mechanics similar to that of Fallout Shelter while it's primary theme is life of German soldiers like in Wolfgang Petersen's film Das Boot.
2cHgsXo.jpg

Upcoming

Transmission is now slated for June

System Shock Remastered/remake - June 29th
After two decades, we are remastering and re-imagining the original System Shock. We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved, while updating the user interface and graphics to use a modern day engine
System-Shock-Remastered.png

Wizard of Legend - Summer 2016
Battle your way through each council member’s challenge by defeating powerful conjured enemies! Collect valuable spells and relics to build up your magical arsenal to fit your playstyle! Achieve mastery over magic by chaining spells together to create devastating combination attacks! Face each council member in combat to earn your right to become a Wizard of Legend!
FriendlyImpoliteFlea.gif

Added to Ongoing

Saurian
Saurian is a video game project focused on living as a dinosaur in a dynamic open world through intense, survival-based gameplay.
RectangularRegalIvorygull.gif

Has anyone heard anything about The Last Night? Www.oddtales.net hasn't been updated in a while, despite rumours of a Kickstarter and also a spread in PC Gamer not too long ago...
No more Kickstarter, they got outside funding and have been working on the game relatively quietly. They'll be revealing more soon
https://medium.com/the-last-night-d...vlog-is-finally-there-21e1e2a833a6#.dcpr2z9ex

I asked on Twitter and they said they could have revealed the game at E3 this year but decided it was still too early for an official reveal, so that should give a good idea of the current state of the game and that size of whoever decided to support/publish them

Added to Upcoming

AiK
Aik is a journey. It is about discovering a 2D open world setting and the more you understand and observe the environments, behaviours and creatures in this world, the more you understand how to interact and make your way through it
6b7thEd.jpg

SOUL
A VR relaxation game, a digital home away from home
CjjVqiVWkAA0yOc.jpg:large

Zed
“Zed” is an explorative adventure into whimsical dreamworlds. This beautiful and meditative game encourages curiosity and imagination. The Dreamer needs your help – there are mysteries to solve and memories to unlock.
Cjj5PQQWsAAjzjd.jpg:large

Acosta

Ren Hu it´s done :(

As you know, the campaign was not successful, but we are not giving up the fight. We will be looking closely to alternative ways of financing Ren Hu, so that no
stone will be left unturned.

In the meantime, we want to thank you again for all your support. Hundreds of people have gone out of their way to appreciate our work, and that is amazing! So thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

It´s has been a shame, they got discouraged at the the middle of it. I still think that the initial pledge was good and the demo interesting enough as a proof of concept, but it didn't happen.

This is like my 50th crowdfunding, I have some failed and few cancelled under the belt but this is the first time I have been involved in crowdfunding with no fighting change. It has been a bit depressing.

Meanwhile, More_Badass, please consider this for the OT:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/metalscale/andromeda-there-is-no-god-up-here-0

https://imgflip.com/gifgenerator

Basically, a one man effort with some help. A 8 bit"ish" game inspired by Metroid (yeah, yeah, I know). The creator has been working 2 years on it, retooled it after feedback and has prepared a lengthy demo. He has no financing whatsoever for what I know from his twitter, so he is trying hard to push it. I think I will back it but I fear another Ren Hu case, hopefully is wrong.

Tough times I guess.

Added to Ongoing

Guardians of the Rose
Explore a vast continent filled with ancient ruins, magical relics and untold dangers. Encounter giants, dragons, and friends alike.
jt6OlCj.png
Greedy Guns
Greedy Guns is a greed-fueled metroidvania shooter! Inspired by games like Metal Slug, Castlevania, and Gunstar Heroes!
nEW1N0.png
ZED
An adventure puzzle journey into unpredictable dreamworlds, as the player helps an aging and dying dreamer leave behind a lasting legacy for his granddaughter.
iOAA4Xm.png
Moonlighter
Moonlighter is a action RPG game with rogue-lite elements about Will, an adventurous shopkeeper, that secretly dreams of becoming a hero. To earn the daily bread, he needs to venture into the dungeons near his town, defeat strange enemies and obtain loot to be sold at his shop.
eI2rzIP.png
Andromeda
A Metroidvania in an open galaxy universe, where you can only overcome by combining the DNA of your enemies in the DNA-GUN.
HCutbx2.gif

Ont

In a less and cruel world, the devs doing Midair would be given the Tribes/ EarthSiege license.

Sigh

I am actually more excited to see what they can do without being restricted by the Earthsiege lore.

I have been testing Midair about two months now and I think it is a genuine successor to T1 and T2. It is what Tribes vets like myself wanted from Tribes Vengeance and Tribes Ascend.

Here is a montage I made of the clips which I accumulated from the pre-alpha pick-up games.

The Kickstarter campaign will end tomorrow. :)

Added to Upcoming

Kologeon - Week of June 5th
An action adventure game in cryptic world brimming with ancients, demons, and spirits
xcx2dWC.gif

Added to Ongoing

Finding Gravity
Finding Gravity is a new game that combines three big ideas: switching gravity, solving puzzles, and (most importantly) applying those two ideas cooperatively with another player.
pNhXm8i.gif

Lil Tanks
Lil Tanks is an action-packed, side-scrolling shooter that puts you in control of a prototype tank. As Earth's last hope, you must upgrade your tank with unique power-ups and blast the aliens back to where they came from!
tuS4rIT.gif

Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones is a supernatural horror CRPG set in the strange worlds of Howard Phillips Lovecraft. Embracing the themes of pulp and weird fiction, Stygian will draw the player into a bleak journey from a ruined Arkham to the very depths of the Abyss.
dyPnZgd.jpg

The Captain - A strategic rpg and graphical adventure.

This is not just a regular point-and-click adventure game.

Being inspired by TV shows such as Star Trek the Next Generation we set out to create a universe where you as The Captain have to make hard decisions concerning your and others survival and progress. You will have to weigh your needs against others, solve problems and fight battles. You can also enjoy the pure pleasure of exploration.

The game is also designed heavily upon replay value. Depending on your choices, you will get a suitable ending which gives you information about your journey. We don't want you to ever feel like you can expect what will happen next.

If we don't hit our number for Summer Sale sales, we might need to kickstart next month to pay for the final two team members for Game #2.

Added to Ongoing

Wotan
A visual novel combined with an arcade style beat ‘em up where your choices matter and fighting is not the only option
uNDDDXg.png

The Captain
Preserving the magic power from classical graphical adventures like Monkey Island, adding a slice of RPG and topping it of with a layer of Strategy makes the result feel, and be, more open world. Giving the player complete control of his own destiny and design in multiple solution puzzles and you get pure story crafting.
screen_shipinterior.png

Transmission
You awaken to discover that you have crashed on a mysterious planet with no recollection of what occurred beforehand. While exploring your new surroundings, you uncover a hidden obsidian object emitting a haunting sound. What the object does, and who created it is a mystery, but it's newfound discovery will plunge you into a perilous journey deep inside of a dangerous lost world determined to stop you from discovering the object's true purpose.
Transmission_Sphere.gif

Kologeon
Kologeon is a dark mystic action adventure set in a procedurally generated realm tormented by demons and spirits. You are an immortal soul that can traverse dimensions outside of physical bodies, fighting for centuries as you establish permanent monuments to mark your journey.
EqualDeepFinch.gif

Kinetik
Tactical RPG shooter combines near-future technologies with airtight mechanics. Challenging gameplay.
FkBqSrq.jpg

Dwindle
Dwindle is a psychological survival game set in an old 1902 American mine. A collapse has just occurred, trapping you and your crew of 23 other miners underground with limited food and supplies! You play as Bud Rook, the foreman of the mine. Your task is to guide your mining crew through the dangers and horrors of being trapped in a mine, and get them to safety.
n5LGdwH.jpg

Karak

My interview with the Kinetik folks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMRkH6opMeQ

Did not realize who they were until I started talking to them last week. Matt Bloome who is a massive comic book artist then went on to Sony for 8 games and Kevin Mcpherson of Everquest who went on to do another 4-5 MMO's and also to Sony where they met. Amazing team.
We discuss game design, their history, a day in the life of, and their plans for the title in great detail

Interview with Transmission Dev
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBrn6vnXssc
Nathaniel West. Worked on huge big budget movies and digging their idea about what they want from the title.
We discuss a day in the life of, team members, game design, and music.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
A new Bedrooms to Billions kickstarter launched today for Playstation

FROM BEDROOMS TO BILLIONS: THE PLAYSTATION REVOLUTION
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1195082866/from-bedrooms-to-billions-the-playstation-revoluti

from the team that produced From Bedrooms to Billions, and the recent Bedrooms to Billions - the Amiga Years.

Various options for digital download, DVD, bluray and several special editions with postcards etc like their previous campaigns. New cover design by Oliver Frey again too

Added to Ongoing

Aik
Aik is a 2D platformer with a nonlinear storyline which is placed in an abstract world setting, focusing on atmospheric gameplay.
8ow4YNS.png

Wizard of Legend
Wizard of Legend is a fast paced dungeon crawler with rogue-like elements where you assume the role of a powerful wizard intent on overcoming the Chaos Trials to become the next Wizard of Legend.
EUQTjMQ.gif

Buck
A post-apocalyptic action adventure with player driven dialogue, weapon customization and fast-paced combat, inspired by a real dog
CllfrRMWEAAbLlB.jpg

Fictorum
Fictorum is an action RPG featuring customizable, dynamic spell-casting. You are a powerful wizard of a forbidden magical order, the Fictorum, with the unique ability to shape and master all schools of magic
ShoddyArcticInchworm.gif

Ikenfell
Ikenfell is an RPG adventure about witches, wizards, the school they attend, & the trouble they get into. Explore a school of magic!
5h1RIx2.png

System Shock
System Shock is a complete remake of the genre defining classic from 1994 built by a team of industry veterans. Remember Citadel
LdN1LBN.jpg

Added to Ongoing

Mongrel
Action-platformer about the world saving, tongue gripping, gun slingin goof called Finch.
wa7f5pD.gif

Lightime
Lightime is a low-poly, non-linear, puzzle platformer inspired by classic N64-era games, with unique time manipulation mechanics
XmW6sai.gif

Prey for the Gods
Prey For The Gods is an action survival game set on a desolate frozen island. To survive you must destroy the very gods you believe in.
I339dB2.gif

Acosta

Andromeda is not looking good either ;( pretty discouraging. The campaign was long, but still just 1/3 of 30.000€ with 3 days left.

Would creating an individual thread help? At least the game has a demo and people can get something out of it if they care to check. It is in that range that a miracle of last day could be feasible if enough people cared.

Labadal

Eisenwald: Blood of November

Releaase trailer

In this new story you will get to decide who is fit for the throne of the duchy of Eisenwald. The duke is dead, long live the duke. Two factions vie for the throne and you will have to choose a side, for neutrality is not an option.

This new adventure will have many new features:

-Random events that add a great amount of replayability;
-Smart re-spawn - improved dynamic balance of the armies;
-Updated look - the engine and graphics will be reworked and improved;
-Sandbox like gameplay – freedom of movement;
-Experimental quest system that will change according to your behavior.

Added to Upcoming

Beautiful Desolation - 2016
A post-apocalyptic adventure game from the creators of STASIS
Set in a distant future in an evocative African landscape, he is not from this place or time...

693aCpU.gif

The Path To Die - 2016
Travel to Feudal Japan as one of the most lethal Samurai warriors. Immerse yourself in a story of action and intrigue, exploring the vast lands surrounding the Imperial Palace in a detailed 2D pixel art adventure.
r7ujtqX.gif

Quantum Quest - 2016
Quantum Quest is essentially a board game simulator that mixes RPG tactical elements. A turn-based game based on combat tactics and card management to face up to all types of enemies.
screen3.jpg

Added to Ongoing

Ruin of the Reckless - $10,000 goal, ends 9/20 (PC)
A beautiful and challenging action rogue-like, inspired by 16-bit classics, focusing on speed, melee combat, and co-op play.
08%20-%20XVENJYV.gif

Eisenwald: Blood of November - $12,000 goal, ends 9/20 (PC)
In this new story you will get to decide who is fit for the throne of the duchy of Eisenwald. The duke is dead, long live the duke. Two factions vie for the throne and you will have to choose a side, for neutrality is not an option.
xrgllTe.jpg

Mythica VR - $80,000 goal, ends 9/21 (PC, Android, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift)
Mythica VR is role-playing as you always dreamed it could be, dungeon crawling beside your friends in virtual reality.
FZBJ6cL.gif

Vulpine - $30,000 goal, ends 9/21 (PC, Mac)
Vulpine is a charming open-world game where you survive as ridiculously well-armed animals.
Spider1.png

Astro Boy: Edge of Time - $50,000 goal, ends 9/21 (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android)
A Digital CCG based on the work of the Godfather of Manga, Osamu Tezuka's universe, featuring world famous creatives.
36fsvsm.gif

Russian Subway Dogs - $50,000 goal, ends 9/22 (PC, Mac)
A fast-paced arcade game inspired by the real-life stray dogs who ride the Moscow Metro. From the creators of They Bleed Pixels.
rFiUBCc.png

SYNTHETIK - €15,000 goal, ends 9/26 (PC, Mac)
SYNTHETIK is an unforgiving shooter with RPG and Rogue elements in a world overrun by machines. Fight as android though the headquarters of the machine legion and avert the end of mankind.
876796_5c07f7c1957848238b7fd2b3b082e349~mv2.png

Abatron - $125,000 goal, ends 9/29 (PC, Mac, Linux)
Experience galactic warfare like never before. Abatron blurs the lines between FPS & RTS gaming, allowing players to switch at anytime.
PRNWXEq.gif

The Rabbit and The Owl - $5,000 goal, ends 10/1 (PC, Mac, Linux)
Lead the Rabbit and Owl through a constantly shifting environment of light and dark space.
qCPutUZ.gif

Hypnospace Outlaw - $28,000 goal, ends 10/4 (PC, Mac, Linux)
Police the internet of the future via an arcane operating system. Pursue outlaws on the Hypnospace Highway. Feed adorable virtual pets.
py0oijS.gif

Rad Rodgers - $50,000 goal, ends 10/6 (PC, PS4)
Bringing back the 90's-era PC platformer with a game inspired by classics like Commander Keen, Conker, Ruff'n'Tumble & Jazz Jackrabbit.
6.png

Dawn of the Devs - $65,000 goal, ends 10/7 (PC)
Help the most popular game developers save the World of Gaming in this 2D puzzle-platformer!
L5w3zey.gif

Furious Jack - €60,000 goal, ends 10/10 (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Furious Jack - a 2D ‘beat ‘em up’ with fast and gory fights and platform elements.
Ce5Wmvo.gif

QNdgSv3.gif

Dual Universe - €500,000 goal, ends 10/11 (PC)
One universe, shared by everyone at the same time. Emergent gameplay. Fully editable voxel world, with player-made ships & constructs.
ships_forest.jpg

DrWong

I have yet to play Stasis (next after I'm done with Endless Legend) but Beautiful Desolation got my attention.

Dual Universe looks promising and it should easily be successful. I'm not into mmo but will keep an eye on this one.

Furious Jack looks nice with good animations, Kickstarter didn't start strong though.

And thx four your work More_Badass, really appreciated.

Top Bottom