• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crowdfunding Thread - 2017 - The future of gaming on Kickstarter, Indiegogo, and FIG

RPGDave

Neo Member
Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond is the second part of a planned trilogy. I've found the first part "Old North" and its prequel DLC Howl of the Ravager to be a pretty enjoyable JRPG. Decent story, characters, and art, and far less mindless grindy combat than the typical JRPG. Combat system is actually pretty fun, with a nice variety of special abilities and tactics.

Honestly, with a few exceptions (e.g., Growlanser, Radiant Historia) I generally dislike JRPGs because of the repetitive gameplay, very linear structures, and tendency to have cliche plots with very young or otherwise immature characters. Celestian Tales features a more mature story, with a few choices that give it some depth. And the choices you made in the first installment should have some consequences in the 2nd part. IOW it's a JRPG for WRPG players who generally don't love JRPGs.

jrDev

Hex Gambit kickstarter has launched today for PC and Nintendo Switch. A multiplayer turn based strategy game. Looks great and i've backed it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/275343983/hex-gambit-fast-and-fluid-turn-based-strategy

$11K target goal
$10 cost for game

c3sw9GL.gif
Looks cool! Backed!

Zachtronics ports SHENZHEN SOLITAIRE for MS-DOS

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1812249267/shenzhen-solitaire-for-ms-dos

By the time that I started seriously developing games (like SpaceChem), computers had come a long way from when I started playing PC games in the early 90's. In an effort to nostalgically reconnect with my past and broaden my understanding of antiquated programming paradigms (aka research for future Zachtronics games), Keith and I set out to port SHENZHEN SOLITAIRE to MS-DOS!

The port itself is finished, so all that's left is to manufacture and distribute the game. If you back this project you will receive the game and its source code on a signed 3.5" floppy disk.

The game requires an IBM compatible PC with a 386 or better, at least 640 kB of RAM, and a VGA-compatible graphics card. We compiled the game with Borland C++ 3.1, which is not included.

andymcc

Banned
I'll rep this:

This is a passion project for my buds and me. I conceptualized it years ago when I was playing Eggerland/Lolo and thought to myself, "man I really want to play this on a modern platform or while I'm on the toilet"!

Labadal

Forbidden Unit
Trailer

Hi, everybody! We are very excited to present to you our latest game FORBIDDEN UNIT. Above you can find the footage from the game. It´s a 3D isometric RPG with the turn-based combat system. If you played the original Fallout, XCOM, Shadowrun or Syndicate, you know exactly where our inspiration, core game principles and our passion for games come from.

Viridian6

Celestian Tales: Realms Beyond is the second part of a planned trilogy. I've found the first part "Old North" and its prequel DLC Howl of the Ravager to be a pretty enjoyable JRPG. Decent story, characters, and art, and far less mindless grindy combat than the typical JRPG. Combat system is actually pretty fun, with a nice variety of special abilities and tactics.

Honestly, with a few exceptions (e.g., Growlanser, Radiant Historia) I generally dislike JRPGs because of the repetitive gameplay, very linear structures, and tendency to have cliche plots with very young or otherwise immature characters. Celestian Tales features a more mature story, with a few choices that give it some depth. And the choices you made in the first installment should have some consequences in the 2nd part. IOW it's a JRPG for WRPG players who generally don't love JRPGs.

Had no idea they were doing a kickstarter for the second game. They've reached their goal but I backed them anyway (Southeast Asia support!) Enjoyed the first game, didn't finish the DLC though as it dragged on too long.

Durante

Thanks for the heads-up. I liked the first game quite a bit, will back the second.

RPGDave

Neo Member
IQSoup launched a second kickstarter to speed along the completion of their Wild West / Steampunk RPG "Age of Grit". Combat is turn-based, between steam-powered air ships.

ageofgrit_1.gif

Indie Pogo!

ClQfrFmUYAAyiSu.jpg

It's only just started, but it's criminal that there are less than 150 backers for what is easily the most promising of the "indie crossover fighter" type games that so many are clamoring for. It has a unique fighting style that blends Smash Bros. with something a little more arcadey and unique, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I also really want to make a proper full thread but I am too nervous to do so oops.

faridmon

StereoVsn

I didn't realize they had the Kickstarter for Part 2. I actually liked part one so backed it. For those folks that haven't played it, 2nd tier has Part One w/DLCs and Part 2 for $15. It's well worth it I would say.

Hi there!

My name is Josh, and I'm the creator of Village Monsters, a life sim game inspired by Animal Crossing and Mother 3.

Village Monsters is set inside the world of an abandoned video game. All the monsters that were once enemies have since given the bad guy thing and have settled in a peaceful village of their own making. You play the role as the sole human living in this village of monsters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/389391560/village-monsters-a-monstrous-life-sim-game

9 months ago to the day I quit my day job to pursue my childhood dream of creating video games. It's been equal parts exciting and nerve-wracking, and this Kickstarter represents my first opportunity to make this new life sustainable. It's been going well so far, and I'd love for y'all to take a look!

Top Bottom