• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Cipherr

I think you're right about that. What this will do is filter the alts people believe will have something to show for in the future. Right now we have around 1000 different coins...it's too much.

Maybe people will stop investing blindly in shitcoins. I just hope I picked the right horse.

Yep Im thinking the same. Right now Im only in ARK OMG and Steem. Im a little iffy on STEEM, but I bought it low at .99 cents so Im not that far down on it, and I trust ARK. To a degree I trust OMG to not be a shitcoin too, but holy hell does it have a lot of rising to do to get back to even.

Yep Im thinking the same. Right now Im only in ARK OMG and Steem. Im a little iffy on STEEM, but I bought it low at .99 cents so Im not that far down on it, and I trust ARK. To a degree I trust OMG to not be a shitcoin too, but holy hell does it have a lot of rising to do to get back to even.

I'm into ARK, IOC, ChainLink and to a lesser extent ODN and COSS. I firmly believe in the first three but they are a long hold for sure. The other two are just play money so I'm not too worried.

Although these prices are painful to look at I'm not worried. We'll be happy come summer 2018. Just don't fall for the buy high sell low, people.

I went ahead and created a discord server for crypto gaf. Quote this post to see the link!

I am looking for an admin to pass this over to as soon as possible as I have no idea what I am doing lol

Come join!

https://discord.gg/Bqbg9Nb

galperi1

Fyi for any gaf member staking ark...stay away from the delegate shaman..... It is highly likely he will never pay out his share rewards....

vehn

Everything’s dropping again... fun times. Wonder if it’s worth selling or going into tether till it stops dropping

Cipherr

Everything’s dropping again... fun times. Wonder if it’s worth selling or going into tether till it stops dropping

Im staying in strong alts (NEO/ETH) for now, solely because the BTC dominance prior to the 1st of October when the sell off started was 48%, right now BTC dominance is still 55%. It only dropped from 58% to 55% so far. I think thats because a lot of people still believe the fork doesnt happen until the date that was relayed for the last few weeks, 10/25. Im expecting an Alt bump tomorrow.

Could be wrong so Im only in strong alts, but Im still expecting BTC to sell off as the rest of the people not following things so closely realize its okay to sell off and rebuy alts.

Brohan

I'm hoping for another bump today aswell. Yesterday IOTA got a nice bump and ARK got a small one but really hoping for more.

Really bummed about the fact that the next fork is already on the way. It really is a stupid situation imo.

Will also join the discord by the way.

Frologic

Oh damn, I wish I knew there was a cryptogaf before this shitstorm happening right now. I bought vertcoin a few months ago when it was 0.30 cents. I only bought $50 worth though :(. But man, this has been a fun ride seeing this and all my other alt coin purchases slowly rise

Cipherr

Oh damn, I wish I knew there was a cryptogaf before this shitstorm happening right now. I bought vertcoin a few months ago when it was 0.30 cents. I only bought $50 worth though :(. But man, this has been a fun ride seeing this and all my other alt coin purchases slowly rise

Sweet baby jesus... $50 or not, this must have been a fun 10 or so days for you. Ill imagine it may have convinced you to put more into crypto eh?

I know if I put in $50 and saw it jump from .30 to 3+ dollars I would be sold, lol.

Theres the discord for now, but Im not sure if crypto gaf will be.. staying here or elsewhere. I guess we will have to see.

Donos

Thinking about cashing all out to fiat and buying everything cheaper when the next 2x fork is around the corner and everything is going red again. That's not far off anyway (14th Nov). Still, the little bump shows that support levels are really lower than before.

DonMigs85

Ah, glad to see the usual suspects still in here.
Think XBY will dip again before the November BTC fork? I wanna snag more.

I went ahead and created a discord server for crypto gaf. Quote this post to see the link!

I am looking for an admin to pass this over to as soon as possible as I have no idea what I am doing lol

Come join!

https://discord.gg/Bqbg9Nb

Thanks for the link as I’ll be joining!

Fyi for any gaf member staking ark...stay away from the delegate shaman..... It is highly likely he will never pay out his share rewards....

Good looking out as I just downloaded my ARK wallet and was thinking about who to select for my delegate.

Yes CryptoGAF is back.

Xtrabytes is doing really well too so really happy with that, 2018 is going to be a big year for it.

Definitely glad to have CryptoGAF back as I was concerned as to whether or not it would come back.

Question for those of you with Binance exchange accounts. Being from the US, what’s the difference between being verified and not on Binance? I ask because I don’t have a passport but I do want to use Binance as an exchange. Is there anyone able to deposit bitcoin and trade for alts on Binance with an unverified account?

Donos

Don't forget I/O Coin (IOC) countdown till DIONS (8 days to go). Price is maybe going to rise till then. It recovered over 1 $ already after the fork while ARK bounced back down again.

Ah, glad to see the usual suspects still in here.
Think XBY will dip again before the November BTC fork? I wanna snag more.

I'm sure there will be some dips along the way, think people are just jumping from BTC now to ride the Alt train for a week or so and then back to BTC for the fork.

Also just had this pop up on my Twitter, XBY getting a buy/bullish recomendation:

1zkrpvV.png

https://twitter.com/StephenPKendal/status/923117290434060289

gaming_noob

Really hyped for XBY in 2018

Me too. It's the only alt I own. X-Change should be ready in less than 2 months, Static nodes will be open for registration again. When this platform launches with most of the available static nodes registered, along with VITALS and PULSE, PoSign terminology will be as common as Proof of Stake/Work. I'm seeing $30+ per XBY by end of 2019.

Edit: circulation supply can be as low as 100M when all static nodes are registered.

Haha someone is hyped for XBY!!!

If anyone is looking for a quick shitcoin x5-10 flip then I can recommend Billionaire Token, currently listed on Cryptopia and they are just about to launch their new website and release their first game and burner. If that wasn't enough to give a nice price jump they have also been accepted for CE and will be listed as soon as their new website goes online so should be good for some nice easy profit taking in the next week or so.

DonMigs85

Me too. It's the only alt I own. X-Change should be ready in less than 2 months, Static nodes will be open for registration again. When this platform launches with most of the available static nodes registered, along with VITALS and PULSE, PoSign terminology will be as common as Proof of Stake/Work. I'm seeing $30+ per XBY by end of 2019.

Edit: circulation supply can be as low as 100M when all static nodes are registered.
But that would mean market cap in the billions. You think it's feasible?

lherre

Accurate
I'm new to this and maybe I could have some money (500/1000, not sure about the amount but not crazy) to spend/invest with crypto- coins. There is a lot of info here but it's difficult to follow.

Any advices to a newbie?

Brohan

Think it's their own early wallet atm, should work just fine.

Get it from their site

Ok thx, gonna wait and see if it dips and then i might throw a hundred at it just to see what happens.

I'm new to this and maybe I could have some money (500/1000, not sure about the amount but not crazy) to spend/invest with crypto- coins. There is a lot of info here but it's difficult to follow.

Any advices to a newbie?

You have about the same to invest as i had when i started.

I have put most of it into ARK because i like the +- 10% yearly roi when you stake your coins.
I just like seeing the number of coins grow without having to do anything for it.

It had a huge bull run in September and has been going down since though. The market is a bit tricky right now so because of the fork that just happened and the upcoming fork next month.

I guess if i would have 500-1000 to invest right now i might put it on BTC and sell right before the fork in november and then buy a good alt coin or wait it out until the 2x fork is over and then invest.

gaming_noob

But that would mean market cap in the billions. You think it's feasible?

If circulation is 100M and if BTC continues to rise then roughly $3B market cap is needed to reach $30 per XBY. $3B MC for a platform iin 2 years is not out of the question. As you know this isn't just a token.

Btw the XBY wallet is just a patched up wallet. The official one that's built from ground up isnt out yet. You can still use it though.

lherre

Accurate
Ok thx, gonna wait and see if it dips and then i might throw a hundred at it just to see what happens.

You have about the same to invest as i had when i started.

I have put most of it into ARK because i like the +- 10% yearly roi when you stake your coins.
I just like seeing the number of coins grow without having to do anything for it.

It had a huge bull run in September and has been going down since though. The market is a bit tricky right now so because of the fork that just happened and the upcoming fork next month.

I guess if i would have 500-1000 to invest right now i might put it on BTC and sell right before the fork in november and then buy a good alt coin or wait it out until the 2x fork is over and then invest.

Thanks for the advices,

I will try to learn about it first since i'm not familiar with the 2x fork so it could be good to wait.

Nikodemos

Man markets are a mess right now. So much red and ARK seems to continue to be heavily manipulated.
It's the reason I've been staying away thus far. Huge amount of manipulation.. I'd like to go in, but I'm really unsure about the proper moment. Should I wait for early December?

tzare

Any advices to a newbie?

first learn the basics.
Open account in exchanges to send € and then buy/trade for BTC/others. Coinbase is probably the easiest way to start with. You can buy there but i'd recommend to upgrade your account (2 ids needed) to buy crypto on GDAX (owned by coinbase so can transfer fiat/crypto at no cost from one to another) for lower fees, same coinbase account is used for both.
Also open account on other exchange if you plan to go further than BTC/ETH/LTC, bittrex for example. You can send whatever you buy on Coinbase/gdax there to buy other crypto

Try to learn how this works, usually transfers have fees, higher o lower depending on coin, and always make sure when you transfer that send each coin to a wallet/adress for that specific coin.

And learn wallets, if you plan to hold or trade, You can leave on exchanges , but no control of private keys and could be hacked.

As for the fork... well if you have BTC before the fork you should get equivalent ammount of B2X if you have it on a exchange that supports the fork, coinbase/gdax will, or if you have control of private keys. If it is worth to buy before or after....time will tell, if price rises or goes down... who knows.

DonMigs85

If circulation is 100M and if BTC continues to rise then roughly $3B market cap is needed to reach $30 per XBY. $3B MC for a platform iin 2 years is not out of the question. As you know this isn't just a token.

Btw the XBY wallet is just a patched up wallet. The official one that's built from ground up isnt out yet. You can still use it though.
Here's hoping. I'd like to accumulate at least 100K XBY by next year

Yeah I am trying to get a STATIC node for XBY as once the DApps start dropping on it they will be very nice earners.

Also once the STATICs go online then a lot of the circulating XBY will be locked in Nodes so that will drastically reduce supply so in theory that should also increase the sat value of XBY very quickly.

DonMigs85

I also have a small amount of XBL, a little over a thousand. Not sure if I should hold it for years or wait for a pump and sell them in favor of XBY.

I also have a small amount of XBL, a little over a thousand. Not sure if I should hold it for years or wait for a pump and sell them in favor of XBY.

I don't know, I am going to be watching very carefully when the CE listing happens as I really do think it will hit $1 from that initial hype run so might sell off then and wait for the dip and buy back cheaper.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't know, I am going to be watching very carefully when the CE listing happens as I really do think it will hit $1 from that initial hype run so might sell off then and wait for the dip and buy back cheaper.

Reach $1? You guys have some insane growth expectations, I will give you that. :)

Brandson

FYI, I posted a few thoughts about crypto things on the thread at slaent during the downtime. Seeing how everything shakes out before deciding where I'll be posting going forward.

lherre

Accurate
first learn the basics.
Open account in exchanges to send € and then buy/trade for BTC/others. Coinbase is probably the easiest way to start with. You can buy there but i'd recommend to upgrade your account (2 ids needed) to buy crypto on GDAX (owned by coinbase so can transfer fiat/crypto at no cost from one to another) for lower fees, same coinbase account is used for both.
Also open account on other exchange if you plan to go further than BTC/ETH/LTC, bittrex for example. You can send whatever you buy on Coinbase/gdax there to buy other crypto

Try to learn how this works, usually transfers have fees, higher o lower depending on coin, and always make sure when you transfer that send each coin to a wallet/adress for that specific coin.

And learn wallets, if you plan to hold or trade, You can leave on exchanges , but no control of private keys and could be hacked.

As for the fork... well if you have BTC before the fork you should get equivalent ammount of B2X if you have it on a exchange that supports the fork, coinbase/gdax will, or if you have control of private keys. If it is worth to buy before or after....time will tell, if price rises or goes down... who knows.

Thanks!!!

It's a bit underwhelming to enter this world but I'll try to learn bit a bit.

Donos

If i would have to bet on only one coin/token with very high supply (over 100.000.000 or 1.000.000.000) it would probably be IOTA. Don't see any huge success before 2020 though. Wallet is still ... not that good but the amount of partnerships and progress they make seems impressive. Don't have any IOTA (anymore) though.

If i would have to bet on only one coin/token with very high supply (over 100.000.000 or 1.000.000.000) it would probably be IOTA. Probably not before 2020 though. Wallet is still ... not that good but the amount of partnerships and progress they make seems impressive. Don't have any IOTA (anymore) though.

The Tangle is definitely a very exciting concept. Free transactions are awesome! But yeah, there are initial concerns, but we can definitely chuck that up to being a newer coin. I'm holding onto a little bit and am hopeful for the future of it!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
While XBY looks like a good project, its circulating supply is already at 427 million with a max of 650. This means that for XBY to even reach $1 is to have XBY surpass those like ARK and be up there with other major large caps in terms of market cap.

Do you guys actually see this happening? I feel like people don't take max supply into account enough when they say "omg 3 cent coin time for moon".

Reach $1? You guys have some insane growth expectations, I will give you that. :)

For XBL? $1 is easy for it to achieve that, it has low supply of 3 million tokens so just needs a $3 million Mcap. Any decent sized marketing push that coincides with its new website, a working product and the listing on a new exchange will achieve that easily.

Top Bottom