• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 Delayed To Q1 2011

Come on dammit, just release the PC version and delay the console versions. What wrong with doing it that way? It's not like they will have to advertise it twice since you can get away with very little advertising for PC titles.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Man said:
Crysis 2 on a beefy pc is so going to wipe the floor with that game.

hell I just hope my pc can handle crysis 2 at the same level of those fake e3 "360" videos. That would be awesome.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they're going to "scale" back abit and try to get a broader pc-market for crysis 2 than they did with crysis 1. I mean just theoretically speaking, would it be a crazy idea to think that the system reqs will be rather similar for 1 n' 2?

Dabanton

I <3 Memes said:
Come on dammit, just release the PC version and delay the console versions. What wrong with doing it that way? It's not like they will have to advertise it twice since you can get away with very little advertising for PC titles.

It needs to be fresh. Let's say the PC version is already done and they release it and then the console version get released next year it will be old hat. And will lose any impact it could have had.

Beth Cyra

Classic24 said:
crysis 2 enemies remind me of the conduit's wii FPS enemies :lol
but in HD

anyways, Killzone 3 was much more interesting than what I've personally seen of crysis 2. I'm sure crysis 2 in PC will look great but the console version will get smacked by KZ3.[/
QUOTE]
Seriously people are trying to troll Crysis 2? And with fucking Conduit of all things?

Also the only reason why Crysis 2 will get "smacked" is because it is clear Crytek are still PC dev team first and they are clearly going to focus on it and make it look much better then probably what the PS3/Xbox 360 are able to do.

1-D_FTW

Corky said:
hell I just hope my pc can handle crysis 2 at the same level of those fake e3 "360" videos. That would be awesome.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they're going to "scale" back abit and try to get a broader pc-market for crysis 2 than they did with crysis 1. I mean just theoretically speaking, would it be a crazy idea to think that the system reqs will be rather similar for 1 n' 2?

It's 3 years old. Why not? What was extreme 3 years ago is mundane today. It's not like consoles where things stay static.

Yes. Requirements will probably be similar. But because of the last 3 years, very mainstream.

TruePrime said:
Regardles so what you think of their quality, to write of Halo Reach and Call of Duty is just sheer stupidty.

The simple fact is Not every game can sell big numbers, and when you have mulitple millions of people running to buy Halo and CoD it just reduces your own chances to sell, unless you are the marketing people for Blacksite Area 51.

Not only that but they will be well loved by most everyone, so trying to say they are generic peices of shit is pointless. This coming from a guy that doesn't like either Halo or CoD.

Pity that there seems to be no equivalent of Assassin's Creed 2 coming out this year, for me the most appealing title is Fallout New Vegas, unless by some miracle L.A. Noire hits this year too.

Beth Cyra

Panipal2009 said:
Pity that there seems to be no equivalent of Assassin's Creed 2 coming out this year, for me the most appealing title is Fallout New Vegas, unless by some miracle L.A. Noire hits this year too.

Oh I can agree on a personal level, like I am only intrested in about 3 games now that Crysis is gone. But on a broader basis across all consoles the amount of games that are going to be great and exciting certainly isn't lacking to the broader crowd.

Chacranajxy said:
I have all the platforms. It still sucks.

I really only want Halo Reach and Castlevania now for the rest of the year. If Castlevania gets pushed back, it's suicide (and cheap older games) for me. :(

LA Noir hasn't been officially delayed but we all know it's coming.

This announcement is almost as bad as Portal 2 getting delayed. Almost.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I think that leaves only The Sly Collection and Vanquish as my non-Wii interests for the rest of the year :/

At least the Wii's got Metroid, Kirby, DK and Epic Mickey.

Beth Cyra

Dan said:
I think that leaves only The Sly Collection and Vanquish as my non-Wii interests for the rest of the year :/

At least the Wii's got Metroid, Kirby, DK and Epic Mickey.

Can't believe I forgot about this one, I can't wait to get it either.

Massa

Nirolak said:
I'm almost positive this is what happened because they were faking the console version at E3.

They were not faking the console version. The people who played the game at E3 played the Xbox 360 version, Arthur Gies himself saw they boot the demo on a 360 debug before playing.

They used pre-recorded footage instead of doing a live demo for IGN's walkthrough which was not that uncommon.

I <3 Memes said:

Late ports always suffer from bad sales, that's something PC gamers that follow sales should be very familar with.

Damn it. Seriously what the hell do I have to look forward to now?
Jeez, I guess I just have to be really really excited about Vanquish coming out this year.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
GAT DAMN'IT!!! Every game I wanted this fall got pushed back to 2011....Q4 2010 is a JOKE

JdFoX187

Banned
Mooreberg said:
So for the second year in a row, publishers are going to avoid COD again only to create an overly crowded March - May release schedule where a number of games bomb as a result. :lol
One of the reasons I hope the popularity of Call of Duty begins to wane. It's like the game is to the detriment of the entire industry. Publishers release their games near CoD and they bomb. Publishers push their games back into Q1 and they bomb because of over saturation. Release the game during the summer and experience slow sales. Rinse and repeat come Q4 with the yearly edition of Call of Duty.

Mooreberg said:
So for the second year in a row, publishers are going to avoid COD again only to create an overly crowded March - May release schedule where a number of games bomb as a result. :lol

If Activision really wants to screw with people they should release Black Ops in November and then Sledgehammer's Cod in March. :lol

Beth Cyra

JdFoX187 said:
One of the reasons I hope the popularity of Call of Duty begins to wane. It's like the game is to the detriment of the entire industry. Publishers release their games near CoD and they bomb. Publishers push their games back into Q1 and they bomb because of over saturation. Release the game during the summer and experience slow sales. Rinse and repeat come Q4 with the yearly edition of Call of Duty.

I am not trying to say people are wrong for wanting more games in Q4 if there are more games over all.

But honestly I got to ask why is it such a big deal that companies are finally letting games breath?

We are still getting dozens of games and now we just wait a couple months and get a slew more.

Are people really buying all the games in Fall and some how beating them before Jan/Feb/Mar roles around and we get our next dose of games? If so well shit I wish I could finish that many games that quickly.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, all the interesting stuff is next year? Cool.

<crosses EA off the list for the year>

TruePrime said:
I am not trying to say people are wrong for wanting more games in Q4 if there are more games over all.

But honestly I got to ask why is it such a big deal that companies are finally letting games breath?

We are still getting dozens of games and now we just wait a couple months and get a slew more.

Are people really buying all the games in Fall and some how beating them before Jan/Feb/Mar roles around and we get our next dose of games? If so well shit I wish I could finish that many games that quickly.

The thing is, the games aren't really breathing. Instead of getting a ton of releases in Sep-Dec, we got them February-May this year. Now, November and December end up being relatively game-starved.

All because there is ONE game that commands an overwhelming amount of retail pressure and online gaming time.

JdFoX187

Banned
TruePrime said:

Look at last year. Modern Warfare 2 was pretty much the only game on the block. I'm looking at my collection right now, and I buy a lot of games, and 90 percent came from Steam's sale last year. There wasn't that many, mainly because they wanted to avoid Modern Warfare 2. So they stack Q1, and many of the games bomb because of over saturation.

I'm not jumping on the bandwagon that Q4 2010 sucks, because it looks awesome. It's just that most publishers are scared, and rightfully so, that Call of Duty is going to take away their sales. But there's just nowhere else to put the game. Hence why I wish it would slowly fade away. Not saying Call of Duty should disappear, just wish its hype levels were more in-line with other games.

TruePrime said:

As a PC gamer I'm not really interested in Dude Bro:Vietnam and obviously Reach isnt coming to PC. So consoles have kind of gimped a primarily PC franchise again. First in the obviously reduced scale of the game and now with it's release.

Mooreberg

TruePrime said:

They're really not though. Shooters delayed out of this fall because of Black Ops are just going to be released into a log jam of big games next spring. Killzone 3 and Gears 3 are already penned into next February and April respectively. Throwing in SOCOM 4, Crysis 2, and everything else is going to result in lost sales simply due to people not having enough to time to play everything they are interested in. Giving the games breathing room would mean actually spreading releases out throughout the year, but that isn't really happening. A dull fall just means an overcrowded spring, with a number of games under performing as a result.

I guess on the upside, there are going to be some really good games in the bargain bins this time next year. :lol

Also comedic in a Twilight zone sort of way that upper tier devs are forced to make way for Treyarch. Branding is everything these days. :lol

-viper-

Banned
they've gone from a potential buy to a no buy from me.

i'm going to have to stick with killzone 3 and gears of war 3 for Q1 2011. i

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Seeing as the MoH beta has gotten a bad rap that leaves us with B Team CoD, and well Reach.

Bungie you best gosh damn deliver on reach cause the FPS genre is looking thin as fuck this fall!

Beth Cyra

Mooreberg said:
They're really not though. Shooters delayed out of this fall because of Black Ops are just going to be released into a log jam of big games next spring. Killzone 3 and Gears 3 are already penned into next February and April respectively. Throwing in SOCOM 4, Crysis 2, and everything else is going to result in lost sales simply due to people not having enough to time to play everything they are interested in. Giving the games breathing room would mean actually spreading releases out throughout the year, but that isn't really happening. A dull fall just means an overcrowded spring, with a number of games under performing as a result.

I guess on the upside, there are going to be some really good games in the bargain bins this time next year. :lol

Also comedic in a Twilight zone sort of way that upper tier devs are forced to make way for Treyarch. Branding is everything these days. :lol

Please let this shit go, we don't need a Treyarch bash/love thread, they never end well man.

eshwaaz

TruePrime said:
How can someone say that when we got Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Halo Reach, GT5, CoD Black Ops, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, and The Third Birthday?

There are a ton of games coming out this fall, 2 of which are probably going to be among the highest rated and sold games when the gen comes to a close.

I own all 3 systems, and I honestly only want one of the eight games you mentioned. Maybe this holiday season is pure paradise for some people's tastes, but I find Q4's lineup to be extremely lackluster again this year.

Top Bottom