• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PC Gamer Details

Zen

Banned
brain_stew said:
So the deign has been compromised by targetting lower spec. hardware, not surprising but still disappointing.

Crysis could have been a much better game with half the specs to work with, or much worse. However good the sequel ends up being, the newer technical restrains will probably be neither here nor there in terms of its quality.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Wow huge disappointment! In a city really, crysis? :( What made this game amazing was its depiction of nature and jungle warfare... take that away its just another shooter. I will wait for the new 480 gtx to crank crysis 1 and warhead up to epic proportions and pass if its just a city...

Dennis

Banned
Gamereactor - Cevat Yerli Q&A

We picked up a copy of the Finnish Gamereactor magazine and made a list of all of the relevant stuff from the featured interview:

- You play as Nomad.
- Compared to Crysis there will be more openness and freedom of choice, larger gameplay areas and more tactical warfare.- Nanosuit 2 will give players more freedom in how to tackle situations in the battlefield.
- The different aspects of nanosuit 2 are designed to further encourage experimental and fit-for-your-own-style usage of nanosuit's features.
- Cevat thinks that the weakest parts of Crysis were 1) the story, which lacked originality and details 2) the on-rails gameplay style in the end and 3) that there were no console versions.- Compared to the majority of console games, the console gamers will see Crysis 2's freedom and openness as a new and interesting gameplay style.
- The player has again the freedom of choosing what weapons to use and how to use them, or how to take advantage of the environment.
- Crysis 2 will again feature the familiar "Veni Vidi Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered) gameplay style.
- In Crysis 2 Crytek will, of course, try to surpass the previous Crysis games in graphical splendour and technical features.
- Setting the events of Crysis 2 to New York City was a result of a long thought process; Crytek did not choose New York City because of "console limitations".
- With three previous games set in the jungle Crytek decidedly wanted to avoid making a fourth "jungle game".
- New York as the setting was chosen in the early stages of development; Crytek wanted to see Nomad in a metropol and make the area as a huge sandbox for the player.- Compared to jungle, urban environment offers more opportunities for gameplay based on vertical differences and the player will have more freedom to choose how to progress and plan their attacks.
- Player will be able to jump between floors and buildings, and roll down along a crater wall.
- Cevat did not want to share details on Crysis 2 multiplayer... yet.
- The transition from one nanosuit ability to another will be "softened" in Crysis 2: for a short while before speed changes to power, the player will have both abilities in his possession.
- In the battle against the aliens, New York City will offer plenty of architecture that the player can destroy, protect, climb on and take advantage of.
- Fighting against the alien invasion will be "catastrophically beautiful".
- Crytek have tried to actively avoid of using dark dystopian colors and tones that have been plaguing many games these days.
- Details on the story will not be revealed until summer.

Bolded the things I found most interesting.

jett

D-Member
The open-ended stealth parts of Crysis was the best thing about it. If they keep and expand on that while delivering on a story that isn't complete crap this could be awesome.

Nirolak said:
The one scanned screenshot has some trees, a road, a military vehicle that I think has forest camo, a gray/orange glowy thing, and a warehouse/metal shed thing.

It's kind of blurry and janky so it's a bit hard to make everything out.
Its probably like that demo they showed of the forest with the tall tree's and the waterfall,etc .. remember they showed that last year as a teaser of sorts i believe.. maybe thats part of it..it looked stunning though. I believe it was ATI or Nvidia showing off directx11 or a new card..cant remember.. although i could be wrong about that forest being part of what they are talking about here

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
"- The transition from one nanosuit ability to another will be "softened" in Crysis 2: for a short while before speed changes to power, the player will have both abilities in his possession."

That excites me the most. Hopefully it's more awesome than frustrating.

sn00zer

- The transition from one nanosuit ability to another will be "softened" in Crysis 2: for a short while before speed changes to power, the player will have both abilities in his possession.
Fn YES YES YES YES YES!!!!
This means long jumping, one of the abilities shown in cut scenes in the games but not actually usable in game

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
sn00zer said:
Fn YES YES YES YES YES!!!!
This means long jumping, one of the abilities shown in cut scenes in the games but not actually usable in game
The speed ability actually allowed for some really sweet jumps in Crysis. I think most people just never used speed so they didn't notice. If you hit it right you can fucking fly.

But yeah, now they're going to be really fucking awesome.

chixdiggit

With a new PC I'm playing the first Crysis for the first time. I'm actually surprised at what a fun game it is. I kind of always blew it off as a mediocre game that you bought just to show off your PC. It's actually pretty good though.

-SD-

Banned
BobsRevenge said:
The speed ability actually allowed for some really sweet jumps in Crysis. [...] If you hit it right you can fucking fly.
Yeah. I used to "sling-shot" myself for long distances whenever I found (or managed to arrange myself) a large flat roof piece etc. lying in a 35 degree(ish) angle on top of a rock or something else. So much FUN.

Top Bottom