• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 PS3 Demo Releasing Today

StuBurns

Banned
poppabk said:
PRESS A TO BEGIN
xbox360.jpg

MAXIMUM PORT

BeeDog said:
I hope pixel-counters are ready!

I'm serious, curious about how the PS3 port turned out.
they always should be. i own all platforms, i want to know if one performs better than the other.

it's people that only have one platform that get all pissed off about differences that i shake my head at. it doesn't matter how good it is on other platforms you don't have. all that should matter is if it is good enough on the platform you have for the desired asking price.

i mean, PC owners are going to get a better looking, more custimisable version than any console Crysis 2 for the same price... that's guaranteed. unless you don't have a suitable PC and DO have both consoles all you need to look at is the reviews of your version.

BeeDog

plagiarize said:
they always should be. i own all platforms, i want to know if one performs better than the other.

it's people that only have one platform that get all pissed off about differences that i shake my head at. it doesn't matter how good it is on other platforms you don't have. all that should matter is if it is good enough on the platform you have for the desired asking price.

i mean, PC owners are going to get a better looking, more custimisable version than any console Crysis 2 for the same price... that's guaranteed. unless you don't have a suitable PC and DO have both consoles all you need to look at is the reviews of your version.

Out of the consoles, I only have a PS3, but I also have a pretty decent PC. I love platform face-offs on a purely technical level. Of course, if a PS3 version of a game I have been anticipating turns out to be solid poop, I'll be disappointed, but since I grew up with below-than-average PC, my treshold for poor performance is pretty high. :p

But I agree, single console owners that whine about platform comparisons shouldn't even bother looking at these face-offs, since more often than not, the games will perform good enough (assuming you don't know the other version is better :p).

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looking forward to this one.

/goes and grabs popcorn...

astroturfing said:
so will it be for everyone or only for those who pay?

im sick of the Plus bullshit, i always get excited for a demo and then learn i'm not worthy and have to wait an extra week.

Welcome to Xbox Live PSN silver, brother!

sajj316

cyberheater said:
Looking forward to this one.

/goes and grabs popcorn...

same here .. looking forward to all the Crytek backlash!

pixel counters
AA analysis
frame rate analysis
screen tear analysis

commence!!!!!!!!

Nizz

anonymousAversa said:
PSN+ only? I'm guessing not since you guys would have mentioned it?
I'm pretty sure the demo is for everyone on PSN, not just plus.

*edit* beaten by seconds. :)

Nizz

Infinite Justice said:
isn't this supposedly the same build they have also sent for certfication of the retail version?.
That's what I remember reading at a post over at Beyond 3D. A poster mentioned he watched an interview where they said that being submitted for certification was the cause of the PS3 demo delay. And that the demo version is the same code sent in for the game's final certification.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Infinite Justice said:
isn't this supposedly the same build they have also sent for certfication of the retail version?.

I like this approach. Closing off any future defence routes...

cyberheater

I NEED SCISSORS said:
As a rule of thumb, demos are pretty much always representative of final game

I remember reading ages ago that the devs said that the PS3 versions was performing better as it was more powerful hardware. It will be interesting to see if reality meets hype or is this going to be another Ghostbusters scenario.

Ihya

bishoptl said:
Looking forward to the comparison shots. Those are always entertaining.

You just want to dust off the banhammer, admit it! This is flypaper for the format zealots.

purple cobra said:
I guess it'll be up when the PSN store updates. What time do they usually update?

Usually around in the early evening, from 5-8pm EST, although it's varied on occasion. I'd start checking any time in the next hour.

You guys shouldn't get your hopes up for meltdowns over this mp demo. I'm expecting it to be pretty much identical. The SP is where it will get really interesting.

Cornbread78

C'Mon everyone, NEVER FORGET:

Crysis 2 PS3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2871/cr...phical-ceiling

Crytek has claimed that it's NewYork-based FPS sequel Crysis 2 will bring an unbeatable new visual quality to the PS3

The console has been spoiled in recent months with Killzone 2, Uncharted 2 and God of War III each setting new graphical standards. However, lead Playstation 3 programmer Michael Glück is confident that Crysis 2 will exceed anything that has gone before.

"With each generation of game titles on PS3, usually every 2 years, the games improve significantly in its quality, mostly showing off in graphics," Glück told Play Magazine. "I think with Crysis 2 you will see the quality bar being set at a very high level that games will struggle to excel. We’re aiming to set a whole new benchmark with that game for all PS3 games."

The Crytek dev doesn't think that there will be much room for improvement in future games either. "Still with an AAA title shipped on PS3, you get the chance to improve further, so the next game developed with CryEngine 3 after Crysis 2 on PS3 will not be worse and rather be more polished and have higher quality in all areas. However, it is unlikely to see a major improvement in graphics as we try to not cut any graphical feature and rather optimize it until it becomes feasible. So I expect more density of game elements, physic effect, more interaction, but the major graphics quality will not be significantly improved."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=20660458

No_Style

Looking forward to the comparisons. I love the console tech discussion! It's fascinating to see what devs can or can't pull off on consoles.

cgcg

cyberheater said:
I remember reading ages ago that the devs said that the PS3 versions was performing better as it was more powerful hardware. It will be interesting to see if reality meets hype or is this going to be another Ghostbusters scenario.

Exclusive marketing deal happened. You can figure the rest out.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Noisepurge said:
Yeah it was released with Garou 2 beta!
Well thats funny look how i laugh: T__T
;)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
BeeDog said:
I hope pixel-counters are ready!

MazingerDude > Quaz51.

MazingerDude has the freaking Mazinger Z as his avatar,that the greatest mech ever, Quaz51 need something like Crossbone Gundam or Grendizer to even have a chance here.

Erasus

BeeDog said:
Out of the consoles, I only have a PS3, but I also have a pretty decent PC. I love platform face-offs on a purely technical level. Of course, if a PS3 version of a game I have been anticipating turns out to be solid poop, I'll be disappointed, but since I grew up with below-than-average PC, my treshold for poor performance is pretty high. :p

Are you me? :O

If I get Crysis 2 I´ll probably get the PC version

Cornbread78 said:

The entire premise of that article and quote is out of context and misleading. Of course Crytek's subsequent games on BOTH PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't gonna look significantly better than Crysis 2. They'll still be running on the same engine which Crytek will make incremental improvements on but ultimately won't see much further graphical improvement because of the limitations of the console HW. They'll optimise the engine, but they won't be reinventing the wheel or making any huge engine changes for their subsequent games because their engine is built as a generalised middleware dev platform. All their tools are built around it.

It's an obvious statement with an obvious meaning twisted and misappropriated to serve a shitty website agenda for fanning the flames of the "fanboy warz". Utter tripe...

Grinchy

Banned
I can't wait!!

Now that I am immune to the FPS genre, I love just watching the FPS graphics wars. It's more fun to me than playing the games.

Feindflug

EucadianProphecy said:
The entire premise of that article and quote is out of context and misleading. Of course Crytek's subsequent games on BOTH PS3 and Xbox 360 aren't gonna look significantly better than Crysis 2. They'll still be running on the same engine which Crytek will make incremental improvements on but ultimately won't see much further graphical improvement because of the limitations of the console HW. They'll optimise the engine, but they won't be reinventing the wheel or making any huge engine changes for their subsequent games because their engine is built as a generalised middleware dev platform. All their tools are built around it.

It's an obvious statement with an obvious meaning twisted and misappropriated to serve a shitty website agenda for fanning the flames of the "fanboy warz". Utter tripe...

Crysis 2 is the first game based on CryEngine 3 on the consoles and a solid effort from what I've seen, the next CryEngine 3 games can look significantly better....it's all about priorities - if Crysis 2 can look this good with bigger than your average FPS environments and with Global Illumination at the same time implemented a game with more linear/smaller levels and a cheaper lighting solution a la Rage for example (which looks really good) can definitely look significantly better IMO - that could be full 720p framebuffer, better AA/AF or higher frame-rates, we don't know yet how the more available resources can be used by the devs...of course art direction is equally important if not more for making an impressive looking title as well.

Totobeni said:
MazingerDude > Quaz51.

MazingerDude has the freaking Mazinger Z as his avatar,that the greatest mech ever, Quaz51 need something like Crossbone Gundam or Grendizer to even have a chance here.

Quaz51 is OG. But MazingerDude has been treating GAF really well lately!

A.R.K

EucadianProphecy said:

Who is even saying that the console versions would be even remotely close to the PC version of Crysis. But I doubt the console versions would even come close to KZ2...let alone Uncharted 2, Killzone 3 or GOW3 levels tech wise.

And so they should have kept their mouth shut before they could deliver. So far it looks like the PS3 version would be even worse than 360 which is the case with most multi plat titles. I would give credit to Crytek if PS3 is almost same as 360. That would be a big win for them.

but yeah my popcorn is ready...

cakefoo

Will download to check out the fake 3D to see if it's improved over the 360 build or if we'll have to wait til the retail build.

Top Bottom