• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 - XBOX 360 Demo [Out Now]

Zzoram

DangerStepp said:
Kind of off the path, but still within the field of discussion: Where does everyone here go for their PC gaming info?

I haven't had a reliable source since CGW/GFW went defunct. :(

PC Gamer isn't bad. It's also apparently the biggest subscription magazine for anything PC related in the US and UK, not just for gaming. Being the only large PC gaming focused media outlet left means it gets all the exclusive reveals.

Zzoram

I think Crytek going 360-heavy is more to do with the type of game they make. Crytek FPS games have the same feel as Halo with their AI, open battlefields, no endlessly respawning enemies, and super jumping/durability against bullets, and should appeal to that crowd.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Majine said:
I thought EA was in bed with Sony.

Oh well.
This is Crytek we're talking about. The same Crytek who is making a 360 exclusive as well. Figure it out.

And no PC demo is a shame.

Pennybags

This coming Tuesday will quite enjoyable. Feels like Christmas!

Stumpokapow said:
okay, when two trailers in a single day use "invaders must die", it's time to retire the song.

But it's so damn catchy!

I haven't even watched the trailer due to filters, but the song is stuck in my head upon the very mention of it.

I'll check it out. Much rather have a PC demo which hopefully will support more than just 6 on 6. 12 players online is just not enough for an FPS for me.

Xater

LiquidMetal14 said:
This is Crytek we're talking about. The same Crytek who is making a 360 exclusive as well. Figure it out.

And no PC demo is a shame.

This also is just a EA partners title.

It's probably the same map as the Beta. Not much to do but it's pretty fun. Probably will check it out to see if any improvements have been made.

Jas said:
Actually it's coming off like Microsoft has some deal in place when it comes to this game. Seems pretty similar to how Call of Duty is handled until it hits retail.

In that case only the 360 version would be shown. They've shown the PC version of the game several times. The PS3 version is the only one that they refuse to show.

Arnie

Game actually looked pretty good from that trailer, I'll give it a whirl. Glad it's a one bullet headshot, not enough games employ that. Graphics looked amazing too, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that was actually a PC build though, looked a bit too smooth.

LiquidMetal14 said:
EA make these sorts of decisions, not Crytek. Stop with the bitterness.

Zzoram

Xater said:
This also is just a EA partners title.

What's the deal with EA partners anyways? They get a smaller cut, don't fund or only partially fund development, but get full retail and digital distribution rights? How is it better than traditional publishing agreements?

Xater said:
It most likely was a PC build.

Also "Invaders Must Die" is quickly getting on the most overused songs in trailers list. I mean we got the DNF trailer with that song today!

To be fair, both games have invaders. Invaders that must die.

szaromir

Banned
Zzoram said:
I think Crytek going 360-heavy is more to do with the type of game they make. Crytek FPS games have the same feel as Halo with their AI, open battlefields, no endlessly respawning enemies, and super jumping/durability against bullets, and should appeal to that crowd.
That's just bollocks. They could show the game to 360 crowd and to other players as well, I don't think anyone is more likely to download a demo just because it's an exclusive demo/

eso76

strange, didn't Crytek show tech demos of their engine on both x360 and ps3, with the ps3 version looking marginally better ?

S1kkZ

eso76 said:
strange, didn't Crytek show tech demos of their engine on both x360 and ps3, with the ps3 version looking marginally better ?
that was a tech demo and over a year ago. i still dont think they fucked up the ps3 version, there is just some kind of deal that only allows them to show the 360/pc version.

LiquidMetal14

Arnie said:
Game actually looked pretty good from that trailer, I'll give it a whirl. Glad it's a one bullet headshot, not enough games employ that. Graphics looked amazing too, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that was actually a PC build though, looked a bit too smooth.

EA make these sorts of decisions, not Crytek. Stop with the bitterness.
lol WHAT? I'm speculating like the rest of us. Spare me your own bitterness. All I was saying is that Crytek is making a 360 exclusive outside of this. Don't you think they would be more versed in the HW than the PS3? And let's not forget that the PS3 is "harder" to program for so I (alongside many others) have many doubts about the PS3 version.

Arnie

Lyphen said:
Is that really how EA Partners works?
Well EA are responsible for the marketing and distribution of EA Partners titles yes, and a demo is marketing, so by association it was EA's decision to make this a 360 only affair, rather than Crytek's, and to assume this has anything to do with Project Kingdoms makes the statement even more ridiculous.

Perhaps because they released a 360 beta they felt they had to release a further polished build to remedy any backlash the game may have received in it's unfinished state.
LiquidMetal14 said:
Spare me your own bitterness.
In what way am I bitter? It just sounds like you used that word because I did, which is cool and all.

LiquidMetal14 said:
Hardly speculation. You insinuate you've figured out some secret platform bias within the company that is the reason for this demo's exclusivity. Crytek are a creative company, publisher X comes to them and offers them Y amount of money to express their creativity, of course they are going to take it. The same as if EA funds the development of Crysis 2 and says you need to release a demo for 360 they are going to abide by that.

Hixx

If that trailer is taken from the 360 version I'll probably get that version. More of my mates are console gamers so makes sense. Though if it turns out to be a mess I can always 'fall back' on the PC version I suppose, ha.

Was a great trailer though.

Zzoram

HixxSAFC said:
If that trailer is taken from the 360 version I'll probably get that version. More of my mates are console gamers so makes sense. Though if it turns out to be a mess I can always upgrade to the PC version I suppose, ha.

Was a great trailer though.

fixed

LiquidMetal14

Arnie said:
Hardly speculation. You insinuate you've figured out some secret platform bias within the company that is the reason for this demo's exclusivity.
You have jumped the gun. Does it make you feel special jumping to conclusions? Spare me of your accusations please. I'm as interested in this as the next. I'm guessing, like anyone else. I have no idea why there is no PC or PS3 demo in sight. That's what I want to know.

As a PC player I have no issues with this. Multiplayer beta in the first Crysis didn't sell me on the game at all. Played a little bit of it after release, and tried once again briefly with Crysis Wars but it never grabbed me. I was there for the single player experience. For my console friends, though, multiplayer in a shooter that isn't Bioshock is a top priority. They have more to prove there, and the multiplayer setup with rankings is obviously more aimed at the 360 crowd.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
That is the same day as the Bulletstorm demo...

119810_o.gif

Shit just got real.

Arnie

LiquidMetal14 said:
You have jumped the gun. Does it make you feel special jumping to conclusions? Spare me of your accusations please. I'm as interested in this as the next. I'm guessing, like anyone else. I have no idea why there is no PC or PS3 demo in sight. That's what I want to know.
It's just that when someone says to someone else, "figure it out", it implies they themselves have figured it out. So it would be appropriate for me to ask you similar questions about jumping hypothetical guns, and drawing up false conslusions.

Instead I'll leave it as you seem to be getting less and less rational with each reply.

Menelaus

Banned
S1kkZ said:
the beta/alpha i played (360) was pretty cool. it looked great (texture details, water effects, map design, broken glass) but the framerate had big problems (it was unlocked and jumping between 15 and 40ish fps) and there were a lot of other issues (texture reloading, lod pop-ins, awful animations). if they get rid of those problems, it will look awesome.
I thought the alpha was trash, actually. The textures all blended together, and it was hard to differentiate surfaces quickly. Plus, the jaggies...my god, the jaggies.

Damn those clever EA bastards. I was going to ignore the Bulletstorm demo because well its just too much damn effort to turn my 360 just to download it. But now, now I am going to have to download both of them, those clever clever bastards. On the other hand I guess I can download both of those demos while I am out of the house renting a copy of dead space 2.

cgcg

S1kkZ said:
the beta/alpha i played (360) was pretty cool. it looked great (texture details, water effects, map design, broken glass) but the framerate had big problems (it was unlocked and jumping between 15 and 40ish fps) and there were a lot of other issues (texture reloading, lod pop-ins, awful animations). if they get rid of those problems, it will look awesome.

So the demos they shown to the public with all those X360 buttons were from the PC version. lol Pretty damn deceiving of them. Probably it's in the Microsoft deal.

LiquidMetal14

Arnie said:
It's just that when someone says to someone else, "figure it out", it implies they themselves have figured it out. So it would be appropriate for me to ask you similar questions about jumping hypothetical guns, and drawing up false conslusions.

Instead I'll leave it as you seem to be getting less and less rational with each reply.
You can PM if you think I'm being irrational. Otherwise, I don't like being accused of anything. I'm doing casual reading like you. No more replies from me.

I hope this is a newer build as the game is coming very soon.

Jb

Sweet!
I'm sure the 360 version won't hold a candle to the PC one, and I wish they'd release a solo demo instead, but I'm gonna take this as a sign that the game will be decent on consoles.

wwm0nkey said:
Have been waiting to play this again ever since the alpha ended. So happy you can slide and shoot now :D

Same. We had some pretty good times in the Alpha. I'm definitely excited for this game, but since I no longer have a 360, this kinda sucks that the demo is exclusive.

WJD

That trailer looked brilliant.

If that's 360 footage then I'm very impressed - definitely getting it on that.

wwm0nkey

-Yeti said:
Same. We had some pretty good times in the Alpha. I"m definitely excited for this game, but since I no longer have a 360, this kinda sucks that the demo is exclusive.
Good times indeed, the MP of this game is just a blast and shocking actually feels new, and that was just from the alpha lol

Mr_Brit

Banned
cgcg said:
So the demos they shown to the public with all those X360 buttons were from the PC version. lol Pretty damn deceiving of them. Probably it's in the Microsoft deal.
I didn't know this type of unashamed fanboyism was allowed on GAF these days. Seriously, grow up. Big bad MS isn't skulking around every corner paying off devs to mess up the PS3 version.

Mr_Brit

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Good times indeed, the MP of this game is just a blast and shocking actually feels new, and that was just from the alpha lol
Didn't you get banned? How did they find you out?

Top Bottom